Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan
Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan, Khanlar Khanlarzade, a spokesperson for the State Examination Center (SEC), told APA.
The admission rules approved by the Cabinet of Ministers allow two, three, or more university entrance exams in the same academic year, noting that this year only two exams will be held since it is the first time.
Khanlarzade added that if students who meet the competition’s terms will be able to take part in the competition based on their results.
“For example, an applicant may fail to meet the terms by scoring less than 200 in the first exam. But if he/she does well in the second one, will qualify for the competition. Some think that the higher score will count, but it’s not true because there are limits of score for certain subjects. An applicant can possibly score 240 points in one exam and 250 in another. When an applicant gets 240 points and meets relative point restriction on subjects and 250 points but does not meet relative point restriction on subjects, then 240 points will be taken into consideration if he/she is willing to get education on the basis of state order”, he added.
The SEC official noted that there will be a certain time period between the exams.
According to him, the exams can not be held at the same time.
“The applicant’s taking part in the exam and gaining any point before the completion of the school year wouldn’t affect his teaching. A student must attend the classes regardless of the point he/she got at the exams. Azerbaijan has its rules for the organization of teaching. Classes end in the country on June 14 and students must attend the classes till then. Successful participation in the entrance exam does not give of any reason not to attend classes,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Lapshin attempts suicide under pretext of delayed extradition: Penitentiary Service
- 11.09.2017Mehman Aliyev released from prison
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani president tells law enforcement agencies to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views schools in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor
- 09.09.2017Iosif Kobzon awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan announces rewards for athletes who achieved high results in 29th Summer Universiade
- 08.09.2017Italian embassy in Baku explains reason for refusing student visas
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan, Austria launch joint exercises for search and rescue ops during avalanches
- 14.02.2017SEC: Civil service recruitment process should be simplified in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC presents its first int’l project
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijan approves new university admission rules
- 10.02.2017Members of Azerbaijan National Television and Radio Council appointed
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan deports 16 Arab tourists for violating hunting rules