Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan
Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan, Khanlar Khanlarzade, a spokesperson for the State Examination Center (SEC), told APA.
The admission rules approved by the Cabinet of Ministers allow two, three, or more university entrance exams in the same academic year, noting that this year only two exams will be held since it is the first time.
Khanlarzade added that if students who meet the competition’s terms will be able to take part in the competition based on their results.
“For example, an applicant may fail to meet the terms by scoring less than 200 in the first exam. But if he/she does well in the second one, will qualify for the competition. Some think that the higher score will count, but it’s not true because there are limits of score for certain subjects. An applicant can possibly score 240 points in one exam and 250 in another. When an applicant gets 240 points and meets relative point restriction on subjects and 250 points but does not meet relative point restriction on subjects, then 240 points will be taken into consideration if he/she is willing to get education on the basis of state order”, he added.
The SEC official noted that there will be a certain time period between the exams.
According to him, the exams can not be held at the same time.
“The applicant’s taking part in the exam and gaining any point before the completion of the school year wouldn’t affect his teaching. A student must attend the classes regardless of the point he/she got at the exams. Azerbaijan has its rules for the organization of teaching. Classes end in the country on June 14 and students must attend the classes till then. Successful participation in the entrance exam does not give of any reason not to attend classes,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 10.11.2017Newly-built dormitory of Azerbaijan State Agrarian University inaugurated
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan, Austria launch joint exercises for search and rescue ops during avalanches
- 14.02.2017SEC: Civil service recruitment process should be simplified in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC presents its first int’l project
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijan approves new university admission rules
- 10.02.2017Members of Azerbaijan National Television and Radio Council appointed
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan deports 16 Arab tourists for violating hunting rules