Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan
Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan, Khanlar Khanlarzade, a spokesperson for the State Examination Center (SEC), told APA.
The admission rules approved by the Cabinet of Ministers allow two, three, or more university entrance exams in the same academic year, noting that this year only two exams will be held since it is the first time.
Khanlarzade added that if students who meet the competition’s terms will be able to take part in the competition based on their results.
“For example, an applicant may fail to meet the terms by scoring less than 200 in the first exam. But if he/she does well in the second one, will qualify for the competition. Some think that the higher score will count, but it’s not true because there are limits of score for certain subjects. An applicant can possibly score 240 points in one exam and 250 in another. When an applicant gets 240 points and meets relative point restriction on subjects and 250 points but does not meet relative point restriction on subjects, then 240 points will be taken into consideration if he/she is willing to get education on the basis of state order”, he added.
The SEC official noted that there will be a certain time period between the exams.
According to him, the exams can not be held at the same time.
“The applicant’s taking part in the exam and gaining any point before the completion of the school year wouldn’t affect his teaching. A student must attend the classes regardless of the point he/she got at the exams. Azerbaijan has its rules for the organization of teaching. Classes end in the country on June 14 and students must attend the classes till then. Successful participation in the entrance exam does not give of any reason not to attend classes,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2017Former Azerbaijani health minister gets his appeal denied by court
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on telecommunications
- 22.06.2017Preliminary hearing held for Alexander Lapshin - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Two Universities in Azerbaijan to get public legal entity status
- 21.06.2017Sayyaf Ismayilov awarded “Honored Civil Servant” title
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on granting young talents a special stipend
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry comments on lawyers’ statement about Akif Chovdarov’s health
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry: Doctors are closely following Lapshin’s health condition
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of Narimanov District Court
- 20.06.2017US Embassy celebrates opening of Ganja American Corner
- 20.06.2017Court rejects Afgan Mukhtarli’s petition
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 19.06.2017Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja
- 17.06.2017Traffic police address drivers in connection with Formula 1
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan University of Languages to get public legal entity status
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on healthcare workers
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan allocates two hospitals for F1 Grand Prix
- 16.06.2017Number of official unemployed population announced
- 16.06.20174-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Number of Azerbaijan population increases 0.3%
- 16.06.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Jalilabad
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan restricts entry of 264 foreigners in May
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan: Military service problems of male students with 1-2 unpaid academic debts to be solved
- 15.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended memorial event for outstanding scientist, academician Rafiga Aliyeva
- 14.06.2017European Union celebrates the launch of its media projects and congratulates winners of its competitions
- 14.06.2017Jojug Marjanli resident awarded “Labor” Order
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s deputy PM: Mandatory medical insurance fees should be acceptable to citizens
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2017Lapshin to stand trial on June 22 - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan: Deaths among children aged under 1 mainly observed in Baku
- 13.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov pays for part of damage caused to state
- 13.06.2017ANAS president: Farmlands make up 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 12.06.2017UNEC hosts conference dedicated to Nobel Prize winner Aziz Sancar
- 12.06.2017Aziz Sancar: When I was awarded Nobel Prize, entire Turkic world was pleased
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan, Austria launch joint exercises for search and rescue ops during avalanches
- 14.02.2017SEC: Civil service recruitment process should be simplified in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC presents its first int’l project
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijan approves new university admission rules
- 10.02.2017Members of Azerbaijan National Television and Radio Council appointed
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan deports 16 Arab tourists for violating hunting rules