Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan
Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan, Khanlar Khanlarzade, a spokesperson for the State Examination Center (SEC), told APA.
The admission rules approved by the Cabinet of Ministers allow two, three, or more university entrance exams in the same academic year, noting that this year only two exams will be held since it is the first time.
Khanlarzade added that if students who meet the competition’s terms will be able to take part in the competition based on their results.
“For example, an applicant may fail to meet the terms by scoring less than 200 in the first exam. But if he/she does well in the second one, will qualify for the competition. Some think that the higher score will count, but it’s not true because there are limits of score for certain subjects. An applicant can possibly score 240 points in one exam and 250 in another. When an applicant gets 240 points and meets relative point restriction on subjects and 250 points but does not meet relative point restriction on subjects, then 240 points will be taken into consideration if he/she is willing to get education on the basis of state order”, he added.
The SEC official noted that there will be a certain time period between the exams.
According to him, the exams can not be held at the same time.
“The applicant’s taking part in the exam and gaining any point before the completion of the school year wouldn’t affect his teaching. A student must attend the classes regardless of the point he/she got at the exams. Azerbaijan has its rules for the organization of teaching. Classes end in the country on June 14 and students must attend the classes till then. Successful participation in the entrance exam does not give of any reason not to attend classes,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission rejects allegations of pardon for a person who wasn’t listed
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold first university entrance exams on April 30
- 27.04.2017MP: Some cafes and restaurants in Azerbaijan offer hookahs containing drugs
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan's former health minister gets 7 years and 5 days in prison - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017New prosecutor of Baku appointed
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 21.04.2017EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament passes bill restricting tobacco use
- 14.04.2017Baku Education Department: No violations recorded during teacher recruitment
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijan to broadcast anti-smoking TV and radio programs
- 13.04.201790 first aid brigades to be available during Baku Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.04.2017Bears and gazelles illegally kept at some recreational centers in Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan: Minors to be required to present ID while buying cigarettes
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan, Austria launch joint exercises for search and rescue ops during avalanches
- 14.02.2017SEC: Civil service recruitment process should be simplified in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC presents its first int’l project
- 11.02.2017Azerbaijan approves new university admission rules
- 10.02.2017Members of Azerbaijan National Television and Radio Council appointed
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan deports 16 Arab tourists for violating hunting rules