No conflict between Azerbaijanis and Armenians living in Baku, says PA rep.
Many Armenians live freely in Baku, and there is no conflict between them and Azerbaijanis, said Jeyhun Mammadov, senior adviser at the Department of Multiculturalism, International Relations and Religious Affairs of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration.
He made the remarks on Thursday at the opening ceremony of an international scientific conference, titled “The 100th Anniversary of the Genocide against Azerbaijanis. Genocide, Military Aggression and Ethnic Cleansing Policy in the modern period,” APA reports.
The conference is being held at the Cultural Center of Azerbaijan’s State Security Service.
Mammadov said that in contrast to Armenia, there is an Armenian church in downtown Baku. “There are about 5,000 Armenian-language books in the church which is protected by the Azerbaijani state,” he noted.
He emphasized that many Armenians live freely in Baku, and there is no conflict between them and Azerbaijanis.
“Historical and cultural monuments of Azerbaijan, including mosques in Nagorno-Karabakh have been destroyed by Armenians. We know very well that the repair of Govhar Agha Mosque in Shusha also pursues political goals,” Mammadov added.
Related news releases
- 23.07.2018306 infected with HIV in Azerbaijan in H1 2018
- 20.07.2018WhatsApp to limit message forwarding
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.03.2018Admission to Azerbaijan Institute of Theology in 2018 depends on resolving issue of premises
- 29.03.2018Int’l scientific conference on centenary of 1918 March Genocide against Azerbaijanis kicks off in Baku
- 29.03.2018Ministry: Amount of dust in air above norm in Baku - UPDATED - 1
- 28.03.2018Russian embassy in Azerbaijan opens book of condolence for Kemerovo mall fire victims
- 27.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN6.1 million to Moral Values Promotion Fund
- 27.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Over 600 medical facilities built and repaired in Azerbaijan in recent years