New children’s magazine presented in Azerbaijan
The first issue of the monthly children’s magazine “Qaranqush” (Swallow) by TEAS Press Publishing House was presented at the European Azerbaijan School (EAS) on Friday (www.qaranqush.az).
Addressing the presentation ceremony, Aysel Zahidqizi, the editor-in-chief of the magazine, said the publication, which is intended for underage children and primary school schools, is chiefly aimed at educating and entertaining children. She noted that the magazine contains interesting stories, articles, columns on various areas, and even topics in English.
“The magazine will take children on a journey to an outside world and provide them with fascinating pieces of information on a monthly basis,” the chief editor said, noting that Azerbaijan’s renowned writers and illustrators have taken part in the preparation of the 44-page magazine.
According to her, the magazine’s main mascot is an especially designed description of swallow which talks to the reader throughout the magazine.
She added that a subscription to the magazine can be purchased for six or twelve months.
“In addition, the magazine with a circulation of 3,000 copies is available for purchase as well. If necessary, the magazine’s circulation will be increased in the future,” Zahidqizi said.
In his speech, Gasham Najafzade, head of the department of children’s literature at the Azerbaijani Writers’ Union, noted that the magazine will reflect the knowledge and skills of children and allow schoolchildren to learn a lot of new things.
Poet Alemdar Guluzade mentioned that the magazine includes columns on topics of interest to children aged 5 to 10 years.
Modern children’s writer Reyhan Yusifqizi and EAS assistant principal for primary school students Valida Hasanova also made speeches and congratulated the participants of the event.
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 06.06.2018Aftershocks likely to continue after strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Zagatala – Seismic Survey Center
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 04.06.2018Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijan starts relocating IDPs from buildings that are in disrepair
- 04.02.2017Weather forecast for Feb 5: dry weather expected in Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017Photo exhibition that captures plight of Azerbaijani IDPs opens in Düsseldorf
- 03.02.2017Judge of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court awarded title of ‘Honored lawyer’
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister