New children’s magazine presented in Azerbaijan
The first issue of the monthly children’s magazine “Qaranqush” (Swallow) by TEAS Press Publishing House was presented at the European Azerbaijan School (EAS) on Friday (www.qaranqush.az).
Addressing the presentation ceremony, Aysel Zahidqizi, the editor-in-chief of the magazine, said the publication, which is intended for underage children and primary school schools, is chiefly aimed at educating and entertaining children. She noted that the magazine contains interesting stories, articles, columns on various areas, and even topics in English.
“The magazine will take children on a journey to an outside world and provide them with fascinating pieces of information on a monthly basis,” the chief editor said, noting that Azerbaijan’s renowned writers and illustrators have taken part in the preparation of the 44-page magazine.
According to her, the magazine’s main mascot is an especially designed description of swallow which talks to the reader throughout the magazine.
She added that a subscription to the magazine can be purchased for six or twelve months.
“In addition, the magazine with a circulation of 3,000 copies is available for purchase as well. If necessary, the magazine’s circulation will be increased in the future,” Zahidqizi said.
In his speech, Gasham Najafzade, head of the department of children’s literature at the Azerbaijani Writers’ Union, noted that the magazine will reflect the knowledge and skills of children and allow schoolchildren to learn a lot of new things.
Poet Alemdar Guluzade mentioned that the magazine includes columns on topics of interest to children aged 5 to 10 years.
Modern children’s writer Reyhan Yusifqizi and EAS assistant principal for primary school students Valida Hasanova also made speeches and congratulated the participants of the event.
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijan starts relocating IDPs from buildings that are in disrepair
- 04.02.2017Weather forecast for Feb 5: dry weather expected in Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017Photo exhibition that captures plight of Azerbaijani IDPs opens in Düsseldorf
- 03.02.2017Judge of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court awarded title of ‘Honored lawyer’
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister