New children’s magazine presented in Azerbaijan
The first issue of the monthly children’s magazine “Qaranqush” (Swallow) by TEAS Press Publishing House was presented at the European Azerbaijan School (EAS) on Friday (www.qaranqush.az).
Addressing the presentation ceremony, Aysel Zahidqizi, the editor-in-chief of the magazine, said the publication, which is intended for underage children and primary school schools, is chiefly aimed at educating and entertaining children. She noted that the magazine contains interesting stories, articles, columns on various areas, and even topics in English.
“The magazine will take children on a journey to an outside world and provide them with fascinating pieces of information on a monthly basis,” the chief editor said, noting that Azerbaijan’s renowned writers and illustrators have taken part in the preparation of the 44-page magazine.
According to her, the magazine’s main mascot is an especially designed description of swallow which talks to the reader throughout the magazine.
She added that a subscription to the magazine can be purchased for six or twelve months.
“In addition, the magazine with a circulation of 3,000 copies is available for purchase as well. If necessary, the magazine’s circulation will be increased in the future,” Zahidqizi said.
In his speech, Gasham Najafzade, head of the department of children’s literature at the Azerbaijani Writers’ Union, noted that the magazine will reflect the knowledge and skills of children and allow schoolchildren to learn a lot of new things.
Poet Alemdar Guluzade mentioned that the magazine includes columns on topics of interest to children aged 5 to 10 years.
Modern children’s writer Reyhan Yusifqizi and EAS assistant principal for primary school students Valida Hasanova also made speeches and congratulated the participants of the event.
- 23.04.2018Jeyhun Bayramov relieved of his duties as Deputy Minister of Education
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on allocation of lump-sum financial aid to WW II veterans
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks
- 19.04.2018Health Ministry: Anemia, kidney and heart diseases widespread among pregnant women in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201837,618 abortion cases recorded in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals number of maternal deaths registered in 1Q 2018
- 19.04.2018Early marriages reported not only among Azerbaijanis living in Georgia: UNFPA study
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan may create vacancy bank for unemployed
- 05.04.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens imprisoned in Georgia revealed
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 04.04.2018Construction of houses in Bayil landslide zone prohibited, deputy PM says
- 04.04.2018Residents of six collapsed houses in Bayil landslide zone to receive compensation within 10 days
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijani gov’t plans to relocate 97 families from landslide zone in Baku
- 04.04.2018Deputy PM explains reason behind removal of flagpole in Baku Flag Square
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijan starts relocating IDPs from buildings that are in disrepair
- 04.02.2017Weather forecast for Feb 5: dry weather expected in Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017Photo exhibition that captures plight of Azerbaijani IDPs opens in Düsseldorf
- 03.02.2017Judge of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court awarded title of ‘Honored lawyer’
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister