New children’s magazine presented in Azerbaijan
The first issue of the monthly children’s magazine “Qaranqush” (Swallow) by TEAS Press Publishing House was presented at the European Azerbaijan School (EAS) on Friday (www.qaranqush.az).
Addressing the presentation ceremony, Aysel Zahidqizi, the editor-in-chief of the magazine, said the publication, which is intended for underage children and primary school schools, is chiefly aimed at educating and entertaining children. She noted that the magazine contains interesting stories, articles, columns on various areas, and even topics in English.
“The magazine will take children on a journey to an outside world and provide them with fascinating pieces of information on a monthly basis,” the chief editor said, noting that Azerbaijan’s renowned writers and illustrators have taken part in the preparation of the 44-page magazine.
According to her, the magazine’s main mascot is an especially designed description of swallow which talks to the reader throughout the magazine.
She added that a subscription to the magazine can be purchased for six or twelve months.
“In addition, the magazine with a circulation of 3,000 copies is available for purchase as well. If necessary, the magazine’s circulation will be increased in the future,” Zahidqizi said.
In his speech, Gasham Najafzade, head of the department of children’s literature at the Azerbaijani Writers’ Union, noted that the magazine will reflect the knowledge and skills of children and allow schoolchildren to learn a lot of new things.
Poet Alemdar Guluzade mentioned that the magazine includes columns on topics of interest to children aged 5 to 10 years.
Modern children’s writer Reyhan Yusifqizi and EAS assistant principal for primary school students Valida Hasanova also made speeches and congratulated the participants of the event.
- 23.03.2017Changeable cloudy and dry weather predicted in Baku
- 22.03.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 20.03.2017Azercell supports international event in Baku
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 17.03.2017Albanian president awarded title of honorary doctor of Azerbaijan University of Languages
- 17.03.201714 female inmates pardoned Azerbaijan's president
- 17.03.2017Pardon order: 40 inmates released from Correctional Facility No. 13
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan starts execution of presidential order on pardon
- 16.03.2017Rector appointed to Baku Engineering University
- 16.03.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MES: Project for 1st micro-district to cover more areas in case it proves successful
- 15.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 14.03.2017Two-time European karate champion standing trial on drug charges
- 14.03.2017Dust clouds over Turkmenistan to hit Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Hearing in case of former MNS generals postponed
- 14.03.2017Supreme Court considers IBA ex-chairman’s appeal
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani court rejects appeal of former OMON members
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 13.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets lawyer
- 13.03.2017Dust storm from Arabian Desert hits Baku
- 13.03.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 13.03.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill prohibiting smoking in public places
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announce dates of entrance exams for master’s degree
- 10.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announces admission to masters degree
- 09.03.2017Former MNS employees plead not guilty - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal is to provide 4,000 IDP families with apartments in Baku and Sumgayit
- 09.03.2017US ambassador begins trip to Azerbaijan’s southern region
- 08.03.2017Today marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2017Polluted environments kill 1.7 million children each year: WHO
- 06.03.2017Tariff Council determines exam entry fees - LIST
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijan starts relocating IDPs from buildings that are in disrepair
- 04.02.2017Weather forecast for Feb 5: dry weather expected in Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017Photo exhibition that captures plight of Azerbaijani IDPs opens in Düsseldorf
- 03.02.2017Judge of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court awarded title of ‘Honored lawyer’
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister