New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
Azerbaijan’s Bar Association held its next conference on Thursday.
Representatives of law enforcement agencies operating in different parts of the country and individual lawyers, state and non-governmental organizations participated in the conference.
A report on the activities of the organization during the years 2012-2017 was delivered at the conference.
Then participants made speeches with regard to the report and activities of the Presidium of the Bar Association were deemed satisfactory.
During the conference, Lawyer Anar Baghirov was elected Chairman of the Presidium of the Bar Association.
In addition, deputies and members of the Presidium were elected and composition of the Disciplinary Commission of Lawyers was determined. Also, the chairman was elected for the commission.
New members of the Presidium of the Bar Association were also named at the meeting. MPs Aydin Akhundov, Parviz Alakbarov, Mukhtar Mustafayev, Turgay Huseynov, Fariz Mammadov, Sima Yagubova, Eduard Chernin, Vugar Babayev, Azer Guliyev, Shafayat Hasanov, Lala Naghiyeva, Sahib Safarov, Tural Huseynov and Elchin Gambarov were elected to the Presidency.
Aydin Akhundov and Parviz Alakbarov were elected deputy chairpersons of the Bar Association.
According to the agenda of the conference, the meeting was held to make the amendments and additions to the Charter of the Bar Association, adopt a new edition of the Regulation "On the rules of conduct of lawyers" and approve the Budget of the Bar Association for 2017-2022.
At the end of the conference, the vice president of the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ), Ramin Gurbanov, will make a presentation on the topic “A new approach to increasing the effectiveness of judicial procedure: e-court information system”. Moreover, Farhad Najafov, HELP Info Point in Azerbaijan, will present the HELP Programme.
Anar Baghirov was elected a member of the Bar Association in 2005. Since 2012, he has been a member of the Presidium of the Bar Association.
He has been a member of the Election Committee of Judges since 2010. Baghirov became acting dean of the department of advocates and professional development at the Academy of Justice.
Earlier, the chairman of the Bar Association, Azer Taghiyev, announced his resignation.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’