New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
Azerbaijan’s Bar Association held its next conference on Thursday.
Representatives of law enforcement agencies operating in different parts of the country and individual lawyers, state and non-governmental organizations participated in the conference.
A report on the activities of the organization during the years 2012-2017 was delivered at the conference.
Then participants made speeches with regard to the report and activities of the Presidium of the Bar Association were deemed satisfactory.
During the conference, Lawyer Anar Baghirov was elected Chairman of the Presidium of the Bar Association.
In addition, deputies and members of the Presidium were elected and composition of the Disciplinary Commission of Lawyers was determined. Also, the chairman was elected for the commission.
New members of the Presidium of the Bar Association were also named at the meeting. MPs Aydin Akhundov, Parviz Alakbarov, Mukhtar Mustafayev, Turgay Huseynov, Fariz Mammadov, Sima Yagubova, Eduard Chernin, Vugar Babayev, Azer Guliyev, Shafayat Hasanov, Lala Naghiyeva, Sahib Safarov, Tural Huseynov and Elchin Gambarov were elected to the Presidency.
Aydin Akhundov and Parviz Alakbarov were elected deputy chairpersons of the Bar Association.
According to the agenda of the conference, the meeting was held to make the amendments and additions to the Charter of the Bar Association, adopt a new edition of the Regulation "On the rules of conduct of lawyers" and approve the Budget of the Bar Association for 2017-2022.
At the end of the conference, the vice president of the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ), Ramin Gurbanov, will make a presentation on the topic “A new approach to increasing the effectiveness of judicial procedure: e-court information system”. Moreover, Farhad Najafov, HELP Info Point in Azerbaijan, will present the HELP Programme.
Anar Baghirov was elected a member of the Bar Association in 2005. Since 2012, he has been a member of the Presidium of the Bar Association.
He has been a member of the Election Committee of Judges since 2010. Baghirov became acting dean of the department of advocates and professional development at the Academy of Justice.
Earlier, the chairman of the Bar Association, Azer Taghiyev, announced his resignation.
Related news releases
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 29.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for renovation works in Aghjabadi
- 29.11.2017Most appeals to State Committee have to do with non-payment of alimonies
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends inauguration of Sabirabad District Central Hospital
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Flag Museum in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017Ivanka Trump praises Azerbaijani girl entrepreneur for her invention
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Aghjabadi Olympic Sport Complex
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created at military unit in Aghjabadi
- 28.11.2017Baku hosts int’l conference “Azerbaijan’s model of multiculturalism: ethno-cultural diversity”
- 28.11.2017Hugues Krafft’s stunning 19th century views of Baku unearthed in Reims
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views new residential complex for IDPs in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017Yusif Yusibov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 27.11.2017Azerbaijan eyes to introduce new system for electronic monitoring of offenders
- 27.11.2017Azerbaijan’s former security officials ask court for acquittal - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan stiffening penalties against violation of rules restricting tobacco use
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’