New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
Azerbaijan’s Bar Association held its next conference on Thursday.
Representatives of law enforcement agencies operating in different parts of the country and individual lawyers, state and non-governmental organizations participated in the conference.
A report on the activities of the organization during the years 2012-2017 was delivered at the conference.
Then participants made speeches with regard to the report and activities of the Presidium of the Bar Association were deemed satisfactory.
During the conference, Lawyer Anar Baghirov was elected Chairman of the Presidium of the Bar Association.
In addition, deputies and members of the Presidium were elected and composition of the Disciplinary Commission of Lawyers was determined. Also, the chairman was elected for the commission.
New members of the Presidium of the Bar Association were also named at the meeting. MPs Aydin Akhundov, Parviz Alakbarov, Mukhtar Mustafayev, Turgay Huseynov, Fariz Mammadov, Sima Yagubova, Eduard Chernin, Vugar Babayev, Azer Guliyev, Shafayat Hasanov, Lala Naghiyeva, Sahib Safarov, Tural Huseynov and Elchin Gambarov were elected to the Presidency.
Aydin Akhundov and Parviz Alakbarov were elected deputy chairpersons of the Bar Association.
According to the agenda of the conference, the meeting was held to make the amendments and additions to the Charter of the Bar Association, adopt a new edition of the Regulation "On the rules of conduct of lawyers" and approve the Budget of the Bar Association for 2017-2022.
At the end of the conference, the vice president of the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ), Ramin Gurbanov, will make a presentation on the topic “A new approach to increasing the effectiveness of judicial procedure: e-court information system”. Moreover, Farhad Najafov, HELP Info Point in Azerbaijan, will present the HELP Programme.
Anar Baghirov was elected a member of the Bar Association in 2005. Since 2012, he has been a member of the Presidium of the Bar Association.
He has been a member of the Election Committee of Judges since 2010. Baghirov became acting dean of the department of advocates and professional development at the Academy of Justice.
Earlier, the chairman of the Bar Association, Azer Taghiyev, announced his resignation.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 06.06.2018Aftershocks likely to continue after strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Zagatala – Seismic Survey Center
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 04.06.2018Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’