New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
An opening ceremony was held Friday of the new building of the French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ), which operates under Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU).
The opening ceremony was attended by Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, ASOIU Rector Mustafa Babanli, Secretary of State to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of the Republic of France Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Director-General for Research and Innovation at the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research Alain Beretz, French Ambassador to Azerbaijan Aurelia Bouchez, Vice President of Strasbourg University Irène Jacoberger, President of the French Foundation for Chemistry Research Bernard Meunier, and other guests, APA reported.
Mikail Jabbarov said that today is significant for the cooperation between Azerbaijan and France. He recalled that UFAZ was established during a bilateral meeting in September 2014 on the initiative of the presidents of Azerbaijan and France.
According to the minister, education plays an important role in cooperation and establishing links between countries.
“The selection of the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industrial University by the Azerbaijani side for the UFAZ project is no coincidence because Azerbaijan is a country of oil and energy. The participation of our state in international projects is an indicator of its power. Azerbaijan State Oil and Industrial University also plays an important role in the training of highly qualified personnel in the oil sector. There has been a growth this year in the number of applications for UFAZ,” added Jabbarov.
Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne noted that all have great expectations from the Azerbaijani students in the new academic year.
According to him, UFAZ is the result of efforts made in the sphere of education, at the same time, political will.
“The greatest wealth of France is an educated nation while Azerbaijan is rich with natural resources. Therefore, we should work together to meet the demands of time and have the Azerbaijani and French young people have a good education level in a rapidly changing world. We express gratitude to Azerbaijan making its choice to establish Azerbaijan-French University”, he added.
Director-General for Research and Innovation at the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research Alain Beretz highly appreciated the opening of the new building for the educational institution and wished success everyone in the new school year.
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 06.06.2018Aftershocks likely to continue after strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Zagatala – Seismic Survey Center
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 04.06.2018Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 02.06.2018EuroVillage 2018 opens in Baku
- 01.06.2018Governor: Georgian citizens injured in bus accident in Azerbaijan are in stable condition
- 01.06.2018UK Embassy in Baku holds forum on harmful effects of plastic products
- 01.06.2018Two Azerbaijani children adopted by Iranian and Turkish citizens this year
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president awards civil aviation workers
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years