New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
An opening ceremony was held Friday of the new building of the French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ), which operates under Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU).
The opening ceremony was attended by Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, ASOIU Rector Mustafa Babanli, Secretary of State to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of the Republic of France Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Director-General for Research and Innovation at the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research Alain Beretz, French Ambassador to Azerbaijan Aurelia Bouchez, Vice President of Strasbourg University Irène Jacoberger, President of the French Foundation for Chemistry Research Bernard Meunier, and other guests, APA reported.
Mikail Jabbarov said that today is significant for the cooperation between Azerbaijan and France. He recalled that UFAZ was established during a bilateral meeting in September 2014 on the initiative of the presidents of Azerbaijan and France.
According to the minister, education plays an important role in cooperation and establishing links between countries.
“The selection of the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industrial University by the Azerbaijani side for the UFAZ project is no coincidence because Azerbaijan is a country of oil and energy. The participation of our state in international projects is an indicator of its power. Azerbaijan State Oil and Industrial University also plays an important role in the training of highly qualified personnel in the oil sector. There has been a growth this year in the number of applications for UFAZ,” added Jabbarov.
Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne noted that all have great expectations from the Azerbaijani students in the new academic year.
According to him, UFAZ is the result of efforts made in the sphere of education, at the same time, political will.
“The greatest wealth of France is an educated nation while Azerbaijan is rich with natural resources. Therefore, we should work together to meet the demands of time and have the Azerbaijani and French young people have a good education level in a rapidly changing world. We express gratitude to Azerbaijan making its choice to establish Azerbaijan-French University”, he added.
Director-General for Research and Innovation at the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research Alain Beretz highly appreciated the opening of the new building for the educational institution and wished success everyone in the new school year.
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan prohibits changing of specialty in master’s degree
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 29.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for renovation works in Aghjabadi
- 29.11.2017Most appeals to State Committee have to do with non-payment of alimonies
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends inauguration of Sabirabad District Central Hospital
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years