New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
An opening ceremony was held Friday of the new building of the French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ), which operates under Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU).
The opening ceremony was attended by Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, ASOIU Rector Mustafa Babanli, Secretary of State to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of the Republic of France Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Director-General for Research and Innovation at the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research Alain Beretz, French Ambassador to Azerbaijan Aurelia Bouchez, Vice President of Strasbourg University Irène Jacoberger, President of the French Foundation for Chemistry Research Bernard Meunier, and other guests, APA reported.
Mikail Jabbarov said that today is significant for the cooperation between Azerbaijan and France. He recalled that UFAZ was established during a bilateral meeting in September 2014 on the initiative of the presidents of Azerbaijan and France.
According to the minister, education plays an important role in cooperation and establishing links between countries.
“The selection of the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industrial University by the Azerbaijani side for the UFAZ project is no coincidence because Azerbaijan is a country of oil and energy. The participation of our state in international projects is an indicator of its power. Azerbaijan State Oil and Industrial University also plays an important role in the training of highly qualified personnel in the oil sector. There has been a growth this year in the number of applications for UFAZ,” added Jabbarov.
Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne noted that all have great expectations from the Azerbaijani students in the new academic year.
According to him, UFAZ is the result of efforts made in the sphere of education, at the same time, political will.
“The greatest wealth of France is an educated nation while Azerbaijan is rich with natural resources. Therefore, we should work together to meet the demands of time and have the Azerbaijani and French young people have a good education level in a rapidly changing world. We express gratitude to Azerbaijan making its choice to establish Azerbaijan-French University”, he added.
Director-General for Research and Innovation at the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research Alain Beretz highly appreciated the opening of the new building for the educational institution and wished success everyone in the new school year.
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 06.10.2017Some Ashura blood donators found to be infected with HIV, Hepatitis, Syphilis: Health Ministry
- 06.10.2017Nobel Peace Prize 2017 awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Press Council recommends fines for violation of literary language norms
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijan’s NTRC reveals main problems with using literary language on television and radio
- 06.10.201711th International Education Exhibition opens in Baku
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President attended ceremony to give out new apartments to IDP families in Masazir
- 05.10.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva visits new building for IDP families
- 05.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for school construction in Lahij
- 04.10.2017Minister Kamaleddin Heydarov meets with CEO of Italian Leonardo company
- 04.10.2017Men also among victims of domestic violence in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 04.10.2017Euronews presents report about Azerbaijan's Lahij city - VIDEO
- 03.10.2017Int’l experience shows risk of sexually transmitted diseases is higher, sociologist says
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister appeals to Supreme Court chairman
- 03.10.2017Kamal Abdullayev granted Azerbaijani president’s personal stipend
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani State Committee against children’s involuntary involvement in religious ceremonies
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani, Uzbek emergency situations ministries sign action plan on cooperation
- 03.10.2017U.S. builds new school for IDP community from Lachin region’s Chiragli village
- 02.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Safari Park Shamakhi
- 02.10.2017No cases of harm to minors at religious ceremonies in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 02.10.201728% of Azerbaijani women believe men have the right to beat their wives
- 02.10.2017AIDS, HIV and other diseases detected in 32 people detained in Baku
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years