New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
An opening ceremony was held Friday of the new building of the French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ), which operates under Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU).
The opening ceremony was attended by Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, ASOIU Rector Mustafa Babanli, Secretary of State to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of the Republic of France Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Director-General for Research and Innovation at the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research Alain Beretz, French Ambassador to Azerbaijan Aurelia Bouchez, Vice President of Strasbourg University Irène Jacoberger, President of the French Foundation for Chemistry Research Bernard Meunier, and other guests, APA reported.
Mikail Jabbarov said that today is significant for the cooperation between Azerbaijan and France. He recalled that UFAZ was established during a bilateral meeting in September 2014 on the initiative of the presidents of Azerbaijan and France.
According to the minister, education plays an important role in cooperation and establishing links between countries.
“The selection of the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industrial University by the Azerbaijani side for the UFAZ project is no coincidence because Azerbaijan is a country of oil and energy. The participation of our state in international projects is an indicator of its power. Azerbaijan State Oil and Industrial University also plays an important role in the training of highly qualified personnel in the oil sector. There has been a growth this year in the number of applications for UFAZ,” added Jabbarov.
Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne noted that all have great expectations from the Azerbaijani students in the new academic year.
According to him, UFAZ is the result of efforts made in the sphere of education, at the same time, political will.
“The greatest wealth of France is an educated nation while Azerbaijan is rich with natural resources. Therefore, we should work together to meet the demands of time and have the Azerbaijani and French young people have a good education level in a rapidly changing world. We express gratitude to Azerbaijan making its choice to establish Azerbaijan-French University”, he added.
Director-General for Research and Innovation at the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research Alain Beretz highly appreciated the opening of the new building for the educational institution and wished success everyone in the new school year.
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service detains 11 foreigners
- 12.02.2018Guba Genocide Memorial Complex under reconstruction
- 12.02.2018Plan of events on 26th anniversary of Khojaly genocide approved
- 10.02.2018Four houses destoryed after landslide hits Bayil, no casualities reported
- 10.02.2018190 years pass since signing of Turkmenchay treaty
- 09.02.2018Health Ministry official proposes to allow organ trade in Azerbaijan
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC reveals results of admission examination to Collegium of Advocates
- 08.02.2018Tbilisi court sentences Azerbaijani doctor to 6 years in prison
- 08.02.2018Presentation of Expo 2025 Baku held at UN Headquarters
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan sees increase in number of donors, amounts of donated blood
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years