Azerbaijani MP proposes to establish universities named after Heydar Aliyev, Mammad Amin Rasulzade and Elchibey
Azerbaijani MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev has proposed to establish universities named after Heydar Aliyev, Mammad Amin Rasulzade and Elchibey in the country.
During the discussion of the draft law on making amendments to the law on Azerbaijan’s state budget for 2017 at the parliament on Friday, Hasanguliyev noted that the next year will mark the 95th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s birth, the 135th anniversary of Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s birth and the 80th anniversary of Abulfaz Elchibey’s birth.
According to the parliamentarian, the number of universities in Azerbaijan is 2.5 times less than in other countries.
“Besides, our country lags behind other countries for the number of students and scientists. Therefore, I think that new universities should be established along with increasing the quality of education. I propose new universities to be opened named after these three personalities,” he said.
Hasanguliyev went on to say. “In time, Heydar Aliyev attended the funeral of Abulfaz Elchibey to show respect to his memory. Besides, Elchibey invited Heydar Aliyev from Nakhchivan to Baku during the hard times of the country. So, it would be good if this proposal is realized.
MP Siyavush Novruzov said that it would be wrong to compare Heydar Aliyev with other people.
"As for the externalization of names, there should be a different approach. The ruling New Azerbaijan Party highly appraises the service of everyone and favors perpetuating their names. However, unlike my colleague Gudrat Hasanguliyev said, it is not right to compare the Great Leader with others because it’s the people of Azerbaijan who brought the Great Leader back to power,” he said.
Novruzov stressed that the great leader came and saved Azerbaijan while chaos and separatism was raging across the country and the independence of the country was under threat.
“When the great leader came to power, he saved not only Azerbaijan, but also those in power and the ones who are now in opposition. Everyone knows that Surat Huseynov’s vow about setting up gallows in the Azadliq Square to hang certain people. Thus, the National Leader also saved the ones in opposition. That's why the name of the Great Leader must be eternalized and there must be schools and universities named after him,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 10.11.2017Newly-built dormitory of Azerbaijan State Agrarian University inaugurated
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Ganja after major overhaul
- 30.06.2017Judicial investigation launched into Alexander Lapshin’s case - UPDATED
- 30.06.2017Six children given up to foreigners for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 01.07.2017Minister: No force is able to threaten public order and security in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves candidatures of several judges
- 30.06.2017July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2017Beytulla Huseynov testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials