Azerbaijani MP proposes to establish universities named after Heydar Aliyev, Mammad Amin Rasulzade and Elchibey
Azerbaijani MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev has proposed to establish universities named after Heydar Aliyev, Mammad Amin Rasulzade and Elchibey in the country.
During the discussion of the draft law on making amendments to the law on Azerbaijan’s state budget for 2017 at the parliament on Friday, Hasanguliyev noted that the next year will mark the 95th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s birth, the 135th anniversary of Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s birth and the 80th anniversary of Abulfaz Elchibey’s birth.
According to the parliamentarian, the number of universities in Azerbaijan is 2.5 times less than in other countries.
“Besides, our country lags behind other countries for the number of students and scientists. Therefore, I think that new universities should be established along with increasing the quality of education. I propose new universities to be opened named after these three personalities,” he said.
Hasanguliyev went on to say. “In time, Heydar Aliyev attended the funeral of Abulfaz Elchibey to show respect to his memory. Besides, Elchibey invited Heydar Aliyev from Nakhchivan to Baku during the hard times of the country. So, it would be good if this proposal is realized.
MP Siyavush Novruzov said that it would be wrong to compare Heydar Aliyev with other people.
"As for the externalization of names, there should be a different approach. The ruling New Azerbaijan Party highly appraises the service of everyone and favors perpetuating their names. However, unlike my colleague Gudrat Hasanguliyev said, it is not right to compare the Great Leader with others because it’s the people of Azerbaijan who brought the Great Leader back to power,” he said.
Novruzov stressed that the great leader came and saved Azerbaijan while chaos and separatism was raging across the country and the independence of the country was under threat.
“When the great leader came to power, he saved not only Azerbaijan, but also those in power and the ones who are now in opposition. Everyone knows that Surat Huseynov’s vow about setting up gallows in the Azadliq Square to hang certain people. Thus, the National Leader also saved the ones in opposition. That's why the name of the Great Leader must be eternalized and there must be schools and universities named after him,” he added.
Related news releases
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ali bey Huseynzade’s daughter “Dostlug” Order
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate second Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of employees of a number of state-funded organizations
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on additional measures to improve water supply for several villages in Sabirabad district
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in melioration, water economy, fishery fields
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in areas of housing and communal services, transport, communications.
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in agriculture, ecology, environment protection areas
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people working in culture, youth, sports organizations
- 30.06.2017Judicial investigation launched into Alexander Lapshin’s case - UPDATED
- 30.06.2017Six children given up to foreigners for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 01.07.2017Minister: No force is able to threaten public order and security in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves candidatures of several judges
- 30.06.2017July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2017Beytulla Huseynov testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials