MP: Azerbaijani president’s decree providing monthly allowance to IDPs – a right step
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s decree providing monthly allowance to IDPs and those equated to them is a right step, MP Vahid Ahmadov, who is a member of the parliamentary Committee on economic policy, industry and entrepreneurship, told APA on Wednesday.
Ahmadov noted that funds had formerly been allocated from the state budget to the State Committee for Work with Refugees and IDPs and payments had been made to SOCAR’s Azerigaz Production Association, Azerishıg OJSC, and Azersu OJSC to cover IDPs’ utility expenses.
“This time, however, the positive point is that it was targeted. It’s particularly known that every displaced person will receive a monthly allowance of 36 manats and they themselves will now decide how to spend these 36 manats—on electricity, gas, water, or bread. In the future, IDPs will regulate the use of electricity, gas and water," he said.
The MP said that the "Procedure for the payment of monthly allowances for internally displaced persons and persons equated to them instead of payments from the state budget for food costs as well as utility and other services” approved yesterday by the Cabinet of Ministers” excludes certain categories of people, which, according to the MP, is a positive approach.
“For example, there are people who have the status of IDP but are actually well-off. They have one or two houses, cars, and jobs but they still have the status of IDP, which enable them to benefit from certain privileges. It is logical not to provide monthly allowance to these people,” he said.
Ahmadov noted that executive authorities of occupied districts would bear more responsibility.
“They should submit the lists reflecting the reality, whether an IDP is living in bad conditions or not, whether he really needs monthly allowance or not. Serious work should be done in this regard,” the MP said, adding. “The State Committee for Work with Refugees and IDPs must conduct serious work with executive authorities of occupied districts. I know some people being in good financial situation, but using IDP status. These people have already gained broader opportunities, they should also take it into consideration themselves. 25 years are not a short period, new generation is brought up.”
The MP said monthly allowance should be given to the really needy IDPs. “Unlike in 1992, it is wrong to provide allowances to all IDPs,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017Number of Armenians living in Azerbaijan revealed
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani Parl’t deputy speaker stresses need for reforms in law enforcement, security and judicial bodies
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for more spending on healthcare
- 22.11.2017MP proposes creating business incubators in Azerbaijan’s educational institutions
- 22.11.2017Baku hosts int’l conference on promoting tolerance among youth
- 22.11.2017Leyla Aliyeva meets with UNICEF regional director
- 22.11.201720 judges, including 7 chairmen of courts dismissed in Azerbaijan this year
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani state should provide serious support for treatment of autistic children – MP
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijan to prepare draft laws on general secondary and higher education
- 25.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendment to law on organ transplantation
- 24.01.2017Moldovan gov't posthumously awards Azerbaijani man for fighting separatists in Transnistria
- 24.01.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Tovuz
- 24.01.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of most common diseases