MP: Azerbaijani president’s decree providing monthly allowance to IDPs – a right step
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s decree providing monthly allowance to IDPs and those equated to them is a right step, MP Vahid Ahmadov, who is a member of the parliamentary Committee on economic policy, industry and entrepreneurship, told APA on Wednesday.
Ahmadov noted that funds had formerly been allocated from the state budget to the State Committee for Work with Refugees and IDPs and payments had been made to SOCAR’s Azerigaz Production Association, Azerishıg OJSC, and Azersu OJSC to cover IDPs’ utility expenses.
“This time, however, the positive point is that it was targeted. It’s particularly known that every displaced person will receive a monthly allowance of 36 manats and they themselves will now decide how to spend these 36 manats—on electricity, gas, water, or bread. In the future, IDPs will regulate the use of electricity, gas and water," he said.
The MP said that the "Procedure for the payment of monthly allowances for internally displaced persons and persons equated to them instead of payments from the state budget for food costs as well as utility and other services” approved yesterday by the Cabinet of Ministers” excludes certain categories of people, which, according to the MP, is a positive approach.
“For example, there are people who have the status of IDP but are actually well-off. They have one or two houses, cars, and jobs but they still have the status of IDP, which enable them to benefit from certain privileges. It is logical not to provide monthly allowance to these people,” he said.
Ahmadov noted that executive authorities of occupied districts would bear more responsibility.
“They should submit the lists reflecting the reality, whether an IDP is living in bad conditions or not, whether he really needs monthly allowance or not. Serious work should be done in this regard,” the MP said, adding. “The State Committee for Work with Refugees and IDPs must conduct serious work with executive authorities of occupied districts. I know some people being in good financial situation, but using IDP status. These people have already gained broader opportunities, they should also take it into consideration themselves. 25 years are not a short period, new generation is brought up.”
The MP said monthly allowance should be given to the really needy IDPs. “Unlike in 1992, it is wrong to provide allowances to all IDPs,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijan to prepare draft laws on general secondary and higher education
- 25.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendment to law on organ transplantation
- 24.01.2017Moldovan gov't posthumously awards Azerbaijani man for fighting separatists in Transnistria
- 24.01.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Tovuz
- 24.01.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of most common diseases