MP: Azerbaijani president’s decree providing monthly allowance to IDPs – a right step
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s decree providing monthly allowance to IDPs and those equated to them is a right step, MP Vahid Ahmadov, who is a member of the parliamentary Committee on economic policy, industry and entrepreneurship, told APA on Wednesday.
Ahmadov noted that funds had formerly been allocated from the state budget to the State Committee for Work with Refugees and IDPs and payments had been made to SOCAR’s Azerigaz Production Association, Azerishıg OJSC, and Azersu OJSC to cover IDPs’ utility expenses.
“This time, however, the positive point is that it was targeted. It’s particularly known that every displaced person will receive a monthly allowance of 36 manats and they themselves will now decide how to spend these 36 manats—on electricity, gas, water, or bread. In the future, IDPs will regulate the use of electricity, gas and water," he said.
The MP said that the "Procedure for the payment of monthly allowances for internally displaced persons and persons equated to them instead of payments from the state budget for food costs as well as utility and other services” approved yesterday by the Cabinet of Ministers” excludes certain categories of people, which, according to the MP, is a positive approach.
“For example, there are people who have the status of IDP but are actually well-off. They have one or two houses, cars, and jobs but they still have the status of IDP, which enable them to benefit from certain privileges. It is logical not to provide monthly allowance to these people,” he said.
Ahmadov noted that executive authorities of occupied districts would bear more responsibility.
“They should submit the lists reflecting the reality, whether an IDP is living in bad conditions or not, whether he really needs monthly allowance or not. Serious work should be done in this regard,” the MP said, adding. “The State Committee for Work with Refugees and IDPs must conduct serious work with executive authorities of occupied districts. I know some people being in good financial situation, but using IDP status. These people have already gained broader opportunities, they should also take it into consideration themselves. 25 years are not a short period, new generation is brought up.”
The MP said monthly allowance should be given to the really needy IDPs. “Unlike in 1992, it is wrong to provide allowances to all IDPs,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 25.03.2017Dry weather predicted for March 26
- 24.03.2017Temperature to reach 18 C in Azerbaijan tomorrow
- 23.03.2017Changeable cloudy and dry weather predicted in Baku
- 22.03.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 20.03.2017Azercell supports international event in Baku
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 17.03.2017Albanian president awarded title of honorary doctor of Azerbaijan University of Languages
- 17.03.201714 female inmates pardoned Azerbaijan's president
- 17.03.2017Pardon order: 40 inmates released from Correctional Facility No. 13
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan starts execution of presidential order on pardon
- 16.03.2017Rector appointed to Baku Engineering University
- 16.03.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MES: Project for 1st micro-district to cover more areas in case it proves successful
- 15.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 14.03.2017Two-time European karate champion standing trial on drug charges
- 14.03.2017Dust clouds over Turkmenistan to hit Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Hearing in case of former MNS generals postponed
- 14.03.2017Supreme Court considers IBA ex-chairman’s appeal
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani court rejects appeal of former OMON members
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 13.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets lawyer
- 13.03.2017Dust storm from Arabian Desert hits Baku
- 13.03.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 13.03.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill prohibiting smoking in public places
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announce dates of entrance exams for master’s degree
- 10.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announces admission to masters degree
- 09.03.2017Former MNS employees plead not guilty - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal is to provide 4,000 IDP families with apartments in Baku and Sumgayit
- 09.03.2017US ambassador begins trip to Azerbaijan’s southern region
- 08.03.2017Today marks International Women’s Day
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijan to prepare draft laws on general secondary and higher education
- 25.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendment to law on organ transplantation
- 24.01.2017Moldovan gov't posthumously awards Azerbaijani man for fighting separatists in Transnistria
- 24.01.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Tovuz
- 24.01.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of most common diseases