MP: Azerbaijani president’s decree providing monthly allowance to IDPs – a right step
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s decree providing monthly allowance to IDPs and those equated to them is a right step, MP Vahid Ahmadov, who is a member of the parliamentary Committee on economic policy, industry and entrepreneurship, told APA on Wednesday.
Ahmadov noted that funds had formerly been allocated from the state budget to the State Committee for Work with Refugees and IDPs and payments had been made to SOCAR’s Azerigaz Production Association, Azerishıg OJSC, and Azersu OJSC to cover IDPs’ utility expenses.
“This time, however, the positive point is that it was targeted. It’s particularly known that every displaced person will receive a monthly allowance of 36 manats and they themselves will now decide how to spend these 36 manats—on electricity, gas, water, or bread. In the future, IDPs will regulate the use of electricity, gas and water," he said.
The MP said that the "Procedure for the payment of monthly allowances for internally displaced persons and persons equated to them instead of payments from the state budget for food costs as well as utility and other services” approved yesterday by the Cabinet of Ministers” excludes certain categories of people, which, according to the MP, is a positive approach.
“For example, there are people who have the status of IDP but are actually well-off. They have one or two houses, cars, and jobs but they still have the status of IDP, which enable them to benefit from certain privileges. It is logical not to provide monthly allowance to these people,” he said.
Ahmadov noted that executive authorities of occupied districts would bear more responsibility.
“They should submit the lists reflecting the reality, whether an IDP is living in bad conditions or not, whether he really needs monthly allowance or not. Serious work should be done in this regard,” the MP said, adding. “The State Committee for Work with Refugees and IDPs must conduct serious work with executive authorities of occupied districts. I know some people being in good financial situation, but using IDP status. These people have already gained broader opportunities, they should also take it into consideration themselves. 25 years are not a short period, new generation is brought up.”
The MP said monthly allowance should be given to the really needy IDPs. “Unlike in 1992, it is wrong to provide allowances to all IDPs,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final and entrance exams
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani State Commission addresses population over graves believed to be of missing persons
- 25.05.2017ANAS, Emergencies Ministry discuss issues of cooperation
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president approves Regulation on 'Subsidized housing' system
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani SMS: Rules for employment of foreigners are sometimes violated
- 24.05.2017Number of foreigners coming to Azerbaijan on the rise
- 24.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Beylagan
- 24.05.2017Ali Abbasov receives new appointment
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijan, Romania to conduct examination in field of education
- 24.05.2017First Azerbaijan-Romania Inter-University Forum kicks off in Baku
- 23.05.2017Tariff Council specifies prices of paid services related to civil service
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to see increase in tourist arrivals after Baku 2017
- 23.05.2017Traffic restriction on special lanes lifted in Baku
- 23.05.2017Registration for second participation in Azerbaijan university entrance exams over
- 22.05.2017Ibrahim Guliyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 22.05.2017Traffic ban on Baku 2017 ‘special lanes’ to be lifted on May 23
- 22.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Beylagan on May 24
- 22.05.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Romania Inter-University Forum
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani emergencies ministry denies reports of staff reductions
- 20.05.2017French-Azerbaijani University announces admission of students
- 20.05.2017Illegal passenger transportation by buses prevented in Baku-Sumgayit highway
- 19.05.2017WHO: Azerbaijan had lowest suicide rate in Europe in 2015
- 19.05.2017Students in some Azerbaijani universities changed electronic exam grades
- 19.05.2017Health Ministry: 108 people diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 1Q 2017
- 18.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov meets ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry to terminate employment contracts with teachers recruited without competition
- 17.05.2017Int’l seminar on human trafficking awareness kicks off in Vienna
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan launches campaign to aid Syrian children
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan’s population exceeds 9.8 million
- 17.05.2017More than 1.2 million adolescents die every year
- 17.05.2017Citizens of 12 more countries to use Azerbaijan’s ASAN Visa system
- 16.05.2017American Jewish community plans to invest in construction of Jewish school in Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani president confers honorary titles on persons who died of wounds sustained during 20 January events
- 16.05.2017NTRC: Broadcasting of foreign TV channels in Azerbaijan to be brought in line with standards
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves list of licensed services and work in field of private medicine
- 15.05.2017Presentation of ‘Asiada-2017’ held in Baku
- 15.05.2017Lawyer asks court to acquit Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijan’s ASAN Visa offers service for registration of group visas
- 12.05.2017Rich history of Azerbaijani equestrianism returns to Windsor
- 12.05.2017Azerbaijan to change conditions for labor contract terms
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijan to prepare draft laws on general secondary and higher education
- 25.01.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendment to law on organ transplantation
- 24.01.2017Moldovan gov't posthumously awards Azerbaijani man for fighting separatists in Transnistria
- 24.01.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Tovuz
- 24.01.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of most common diseases