Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
The Baku Congress Center hosted a ceremony of SABAH Alumni on July 5.
The event was attended by Head of Department for Humanitarian Policy of the Presidential Administration Farah Aliyeva, Head of Youth Policy and Sports Department of the Presidential Administration, Assistant to the First Vice-President Yusuf Mammadaliyev, Education Minister Jeyhun Bayramov, MPs, rectors, media representatives and students, APA reports.
At the ceremony, First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva’s message addressed to the event participants was read out by Yusuf Mammadaliyev.
The SABAH groups have created a new and diverse academic environment in higher education institutions to produce qualified and capable professionals who meet the needs of the labor market, Mrs. Aliyeva said in her message.
"Graduating in these conditions is a success and will play an exceptional role in your professional development. I’m convinced that each of you will be able to benefit from this and engage in your desired professional activity. I can say with confidence that education is always in the focus of our state as a strategic priority,” reads the message.
In her message, Mrs. Aliyeva recalled that according to the “State Strategy for the development of education in the Republic of Azerbaijan” signed by President Ilham Aliyev in 2013, a number of major reforms have been carried out in the country’s education sphere, and this process is still underway.
“One of the main goals is to increase the quality of education in universities and to produce graduates who meet the needs of the global labor market. We have achieved some high levels of education in recent years based on the phrase “Education is the future of the nation”. The literacy in Azerbaijan is close to almost 100 percent today. Such an environment first of all creates many opportunities for you – young people. Naturally, our country has been developing in all spheres in recent years. According to President Ilham Aliyev, we must make sure that this development is sustainable. To achieve this, of course, young people should be knowledgeable. This undoubtedly defines our vision of the future and our goals,” says message.
Education Minister Jeyhun Bayramov emphasized that the development of education in Azerbaijan was of great importance at all times.
Speaking about the first results of SABAH groups created four years ago, the minister said that 37 percent of 721 graduates of higher education institutions in 2017 study master’s degree in Azerbaijan, while 16 percent of them continue their education at master’s degree in foreign countries.
At the ceremony, certificates were awarded to SABAH alumni, who received the highest academic performance, and the symbolic SABAH key was handed over to 3rd year students.
- 20.07.2018WhatsApp to limit message forwarding
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Education appointed
- 28.06.2018Baku Forum on Sustainable Development to be held in October
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates funds for development of Baku’s master plan
- 27.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves new composition of Sate Oil Fund Supervisory Board
- 27.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 26.06.2018Weather forecast for June 27
- 25.06.2018Over 70,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan on June 27
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS