Mehman Aliyev released from prison
Today, the Baku City Yasamal district court changed the measure of restraint in respect of Director of Turan News Agency Mehman Aliyev, his lawyer Fuad Aghayev told APA.
Mehman Aliyev was released from custody and placed under house arrest upon his recognizance not to leave the country.
Following the trial, M.Aliyev told reporters that he had appealed to President Ilham Aliyev, reminding him of the work of the agency and that he had not avoided the investigation. Mehman Aliyev asked the president to change the measure of restraint in respect of him.
Mehman Aliyev also noted that he was normally treated while he was detained.
Mehman Aliyev has appealed to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev in order for the measure of restraint in respect of him to be commuted to house arrest.
The issue was reported to President Ilham Aliyev following his return from Kazakhstan and the head of state instructed law enforcement agencies to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal.
Mehman Aliyev was charged under articles 192.2 (illegal entrepreneurship), 213.1 (tax evasion) and 308 (abuse of power).
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 11.09.2017Lapshin attempts suicide under pretext of delayed extradition: Penitentiary Service
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani president tells law enforcement agencies to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views schools in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor