Lapshin to stand trial on June 22 - UPDATED
A preliminary hearing on the criminal case initiated against Alexander Lapshin, who is under arrest in Azerbaijan, will be held on June 22, APA reported.
Case materials were submitted to judge of the Baku Court of Grave Crimes Alovsat Abbasov for consideration.
Materials of the criminal case initiated against Alexander Lapshin, who is under arrest in Azerbaijan, have been sent to court.
The materials were submitted to judge of the Baku Court of Grave Crimes Alovsat Abbasov for consideration, APA reported.
The date of a preliminary hearing on Lapshin’s case will be announced in the coming days.
Lapshin, who holds Russian, Israeli, and Ukrainian citizenship, paid illegal visits to the occupied Azerbaijani territories in April 2011 and in October 2012, violating Azerbaijan’s laws on the state border and passports.
He made statements against Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office opened a criminal case against him on articles 281.2 (public appeals directed against the state) and 318.2 (illegal crossing border of the Azerbaijan Republic) and issued an international arrest warrant for him.
Lapshin was detained in Minsk on December 15, 2016 and extradited to Azerbaijan on February 7, 2017.
Related news releases
- 20.03.2018Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2018First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with wives of heads of diplomatic missions - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presented tickets to world championships on judo and cycling
- 19.03.2018Baku hosts seminar on media’s role and duties in presidential elections
- 19.03.2018Weather forecast for March 20-24
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan declares vacations in schools from March 20 due to Novruz holiday
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ali bey Huseynzade’s daughter “Dostlug” Order
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s deputy PM: Mandatory medical insurance fees should be acceptable to citizens
- 14.06.2017Jojug Marjanli resident awarded “Labor” Order
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan: Deaths among children aged under 1 mainly observed in Baku
- 13.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov pays for part of damage caused to state
- 13.06.2017ANAS president: Farmlands make up 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory