Manufacture of 6 new UAVs launched in ANAS High Tech Park
The manufacture of 6 new types of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) has been launched at the High Technologies Park (HTP) of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), Vugar Babayev, director of ANAS HTP, told APA.
“A young and experienced team staff has been brought together in a short time at ANAS HTP. The manufacture of UAVs is going on pretty fast and is almost finished. They have been tested successfully,” he said.
According to Babayev, there are 6 new types of UAV being manufactured at ANAS High Technologies Park.
"Of them, five types are multi-rotors and the remaining one is a type of aircraft. These UAVs are intended to be used in several areas—in agricultural irrigation and pharmaceuticals, environmental monitoring, forestation, aerial photography and mapping, as well as three-dimensional maps,” he said.
The director pointed out that UAVs are used in almost all fields in the modern era, adding that the UAVs being manufactured at ANAS HTP are primarily of civil and military nature.
"Examples include ambulance, postal services, search and rescue services of the Emergency Situations Ministry, aerial photography, etc. Generally, it is possible to modify UAVs and integrate appropriate equipment into the system in accord with consumer demand,” he added.
Speaking about the parameters of UAVs, Babayev said that parameters very depending on the model. “The estimated parameters are as follows: Flight time is up to 30 minutes, carrying capacity ranges from 0-5 kg, and the speed limit is up to 35 km/h,” he said.
The UAVs have not yet been named, added Babayev.
Noting that they have already received orders from several government agencies, Babayev said that negotiations were held with SOCAR, and UAVs will be produced in accordance with their requirements.
“Currently, test flights are being carried out jointly with SOCAR. A presentation will be held in the near future,” he said.
The director general also talked about the expected innovations in the techno-park.
“Though short time passed since the establishment of ANAS HTP, we have succeeded in several areas with 7 local residents operating in the techno-park. We began to implement joint projects with several foreign companies and local government agencies. ANAS HTP closely cooperates with the world’s leading techno-parks and brings together science and business in Azerbaijan,” added Babayev.
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 10.11.2017Newly-built dormitory of Azerbaijan State Agrarian University inaugurated
- 07.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Guba district
- 07.11.2017Corneal transplantation to be performed in Azerbaijan soon
- 06.11.2017Penalty against drivers for talk, requirement of permit for repair of damaged cars to be abrogated in Azerbaijan
- 06.11.2017Premarital examination: 92 diagnosed with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 05.11.2017US Embassy sponsors “WoWoman in Me” empowerment program
- 10.11.2017ICRC visits about 1,300 women and children of 20 nationalities in Iraq
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Ganja Mall
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Ganja after major overhaul
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan to use new mechanism for increase of pensions
- 08.11.2017Hadi Rajabli: Level of need criteria should be increased in Azerbaijan
- 07.11.2017Court reduces sentences of Vidadi Zeynalov and Beytulla Huseynov