Manufacture of 6 new UAVs launched in ANAS High Tech Park
The manufacture of 6 new types of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) has been launched at the High Technologies Park (HTP) of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), Vugar Babayev, director of ANAS HTP, told APA.
“A young and experienced team staff has been brought together in a short time at ANAS HTP. The manufacture of UAVs is going on pretty fast and is almost finished. They have been tested successfully,” he said.
According to Babayev, there are 6 new types of UAV being manufactured at ANAS High Technologies Park.
"Of them, five types are multi-rotors and the remaining one is a type of aircraft. These UAVs are intended to be used in several areas—in agricultural irrigation and pharmaceuticals, environmental monitoring, forestation, aerial photography and mapping, as well as three-dimensional maps,” he said.
The director pointed out that UAVs are used in almost all fields in the modern era, adding that the UAVs being manufactured at ANAS HTP are primarily of civil and military nature.
"Examples include ambulance, postal services, search and rescue services of the Emergency Situations Ministry, aerial photography, etc. Generally, it is possible to modify UAVs and integrate appropriate equipment into the system in accord with consumer demand,” he added.
Speaking about the parameters of UAVs, Babayev said that parameters very depending on the model. “The estimated parameters are as follows: Flight time is up to 30 minutes, carrying capacity ranges from 0-5 kg, and the speed limit is up to 35 km/h,” he said.
The UAVs have not yet been named, added Babayev.
Noting that they have already received orders from several government agencies, Babayev said that negotiations were held with SOCAR, and UAVs will be produced in accordance with their requirements.
“Currently, test flights are being carried out jointly with SOCAR. A presentation will be held in the near future,” he said.
The director general also talked about the expected innovations in the techno-park.
“Though short time passed since the establishment of ANAS HTP, we have succeeded in several areas with 7 local residents operating in the techno-park. We began to implement joint projects with several foreign companies and local government agencies. ANAS HTP closely cooperates with the world’s leading techno-parks and brings together science and business in Azerbaijan,” added Babayev.
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate second Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of employees of a number of state-funded organizations
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on additional measures to improve water supply for several villages in Sabirabad district
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in melioration, water economy, fishery fields
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in areas of housing and communal services, transport, communications.
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in agriculture, ecology, environment protection areas
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people working in culture, youth, sports organizations
- 03.03.2018Weather condition for tomorrow announced
- 10.11.2017ICRC visits about 1,300 women and children of 20 nationalities in Iraq
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Ganja Mall
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Ganja after major overhaul
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan to use new mechanism for increase of pensions
- 08.11.2017Hadi Rajabli: Level of need criteria should be increased in Azerbaijan
- 07.11.2017Court reduces sentences of Vidadi Zeynalov and Beytulla Huseynov