Malena Mard: EU will continue to support reforms in Azerbaijan
The EU will launch four new grant projects for Azerbaijan next month, which are aimed at modernization of individual vocational centers, said Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan.
She made the remarks at a ceremony held in Baku June 7 to launch a new EU project aimed at supporting vocational training in Azerbaijan, APA reported.
According to her, EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is of great importance for Brussels.
She noted that the development of vocational education and training forms the basis of economic diversification and reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan in this sphere.
Mard said that the improvement of vocational training should be conducted in the right direction.
“The EU has great experience in this field. In vocational education there should be good teachers, quality infrastructure and instructors. In addition, correct content, curriculums and programs that meet the market requirements are needed,” she added.
She stressed that vocational education should subsequently lead to an increase in employment.
“The new project is aimed at the development of vocational training in Azerbaijan,” said Mard, pledging that the EU will continue to support reforms in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 14.12.2017State Program on Development of Inclusive Education for People with Disabilities approved
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry holds board meeting on its 12th anniversary
- 14.12.2017Winners of “Emergency Situations Through The Eyes of Children” competition awarded
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan prohibits changing of specialty in master’s degree
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 07.06.2017‘Red notice’ to be issued for people who committed acts of corruption in ECO states
- 07.06.2017Project “EU Support to Vocational Education and Training in Azerbaijan” presented in Baku
- 08.06.2017Nobel laureate Aziz Sancar to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2017Baku’s population reach 2.5 million people
- 06.06.2017Kamran Aliyev: Investigation into numerous criminal cases on banking sector underway
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor seeks 7-year sentence for APFP member arrested over FETO links