Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
The opening ceremony of the bookstore Libraff Park Akademiya and the presentation of books by the European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (ADR) were held in Baku on June 8, APA reports.
The event was attended by TEAS Chairman Tale Heydarov, Deputy Minister of Culture Vagif Aliyev, People’s Writer Chingiz Abdullayev, MPs and representatives of literary community.
Addressing the event, TEAS Chairman Heydarov said that this store is the largest bookstore of Libraff network.
“Libraff bookstores are open to readers in trade centers, airports and in different places in Baku, as well as in the city of Ganja,” he said.
Heydarov noted that Libraff is not only a bookstore, but also a multifunctional project.
“We set ourselves various goals when we initiated this project. Along with the sale of books, one of the main objectives of our project is the development of literature and the popularization of reading in Azerbaijan. Everything is taken into account in this store, from the place to the services to be provided. Readers will not only be able to buy books, but will also have the opportunity to read them here. With this project, we aim to develop book trade in Azerbaijan. We believe that this place will turn into one of the favorite book centers for readers,” he said.
The TEAS chairman hailed the great role of the TEAS Press Publishing House in organizing Libraff bookstores.
“Our various brands – TEAS Press, Üç alma (Three Apples) and Yay (Summer) are already popular among readers. These brands are not popular not only in the country, but also abroad. We can proudly say that TEAS Press is among the top ten in Turkey,” he said.
Heydarov went on to say: “TEAS also organized a presentation of various books dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic. As you know, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has declared 2018 the ‘Year of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’ in the country. Numerous events are organized to celebrate the centenary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic. TEAS also joined these events, started the printing of different books. The biggest one is a four-volume book about the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic, prepared based on Turkish archival materials and press. In addition, we printed the four-volume magazine “Yeni Kafkasiya” (New Caucasus) covering 1923-27, which was first published under the leadership of Mamamd Amin Rasulzade.”
Speaking at the event, Azerbaijani Deputy Minister of Culture Vagif Aliyev highly appreciated the opening of the bookstore Libraff.
People’s Writer Chingiz Abdullayev praised the opening of the bookstore as a significant event for writers and readers.
Later, a presentation of books published by TEAS Press Publishing House on the occasion of the centenary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic was held.
Head of Azerbaijani Studies Department at TEAS Press, Professor Karim Shukurov gave detailed information about books dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
Other speakers also appreciated the opening of the bookstore Libraff as an indicator of the development and high culture of Azerbaijan.
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 06.06.2018Aftershocks likely to continue after strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Zagatala – Seismic Survey Center
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 04.06.2018Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 02.06.2018EuroVillage 2018 opens in Baku
- 01.06.2018Governor: Georgian citizens injured in bus accident in Azerbaijan are in stable condition
- 01.06.2018UK Embassy in Baku holds forum on harmful effects of plastic products
- 01.06.2018Two Azerbaijani children adopted by Iranian and Turkish citizens this year
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president awards civil aviation workers
- 31.05.2018Ragub Samadov granted Azerbaijani President’s personal pension
- 31.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints rector of Azerbaijan Institute of Theology
- 31.05.2018June weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 31.05.2018MP: Number of disabled people in Azerbaijan higher than world countries
- 31.05.2018ASAN Service may be empowered to define degrees of disability
- 31.05.2018Increase in number of men in Azerbaijan may lead to disproportionate decrease in female population – ministry
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan sees rapid male population growth over past 2 decades
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED