League of Georgian Organizations in Azerbaijan creates new structure
The League of Georgian Organizations in Azerbaijan has announced the establishment of a new structure, the head of the league, Teymuraz Kirimov, told APA.
He said that the creation of a new structure coincides with the 100 anniversary of the establishment of the first democratic republics in Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Kirimov pointed out that a new structure will play an important role in expanding ties between the two nations.
“The new structure will unite people who will represent both nations, and who have contributed to the development, expansion and prosperity of the relations between two countries,” he added.
Kirimov said that name of the new structure has not been defined yet.
The Tbilisi Mayor’s Office opened its permanent representation in Azerbaijan in 1995.
Teymuraz Kirimov was appointed permanent representative of the Tbilisi Mayor’s Office in Azerbaijan. The Permanent Representation established “Baku-Tbilisi” newspaper, Center for the Study of Georgian-Azerbaijani Relations, “Tbilisi” sport club, “Iberia Press” News Agency, and the Council of Elders. The Leagues of Georgian Organizations was founded in 2005 to strengthen the coordination of the abovementioned structures.
Related news releases
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 06.06.2018Aftershocks likely to continue after strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Zagatala – Seismic Survey Center
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 04.06.2018Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 02.06.2018EuroVillage 2018 opens in Baku
- 01.06.2018Governor: Georgian citizens injured in bus accident in Azerbaijan are in stable condition
- 01.06.2018UK Embassy in Baku holds forum on harmful effects of plastic products
- 01.06.2018Two Azerbaijani children adopted by Iranian and Turkish citizens this year
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president awards civil aviation workers
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan sees rapid male population growth over past 2 decades
- 31.05.2018Increase in number of men in Azerbaijan may lead to disproportionate decrease in female population – ministry
- 31.05.2018ASAN Service may be empowered to define degrees of disability
- 30.05.2018Presentation in Moscow of book on “Armenian genocide” by American historian cancelled at last minute
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijani State Examination Center announces final exam schedules
- 30.05.2018Facebook to be banned in Papua New Guinea for a month