Int’l conference dedicated to acts of genocide against Turkic-Muslim nations in 20th century kicks off in Azerbaijan
The 5th international scientific conference, titled “Acts of Genocides against Turkic-Muslim Nations in the 20th Century”, kicked off in Azerbaijan’s Gusar district on April 26, APA’s northern bureau reports.
The conference is taking place under President Ilham Aliyev’s order on marking the centenary of the 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis.
The conference was organized jointly by the Presidium of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), the ANAS Institute of History named after Bakikhanov, Ataturk Culture, Language and History Department at Ataturk Research Center under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Turkey, the Turkish Embassy in Azerbaijan and the Gusar Executive Authority.
Prior to the conference, the participants visited a monument to national leader Heydar Aliyev and a memorial to the ‘Bloody valley’ heroes.
The conference was also joined by representatives of Turkey, Russia, Poland, Albania, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, India and Iraq.
Head of the Gusar District Executive Authority Shair Alkhasov spoke about the tragic events that happened throughout the history of Azerbaijan.
The conference will last 3 days.
- 20.07.2018WhatsApp to limit message forwarding
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 27.04.2018New chairman of Azerbaijani State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations appointed
- 30.04.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of social benefits for I group disabled citizens
- 01.05.2018State Committee: Education at Azerbaijan Institute of Theology to be free
- 26.04.2018Education Ministry: Employment procedures for directors and teachers to be amended in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018NGOs adopt statement on 100th anniversary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to impose new penalties for breaking rules on rallies, street marches