Int’l conference dedicated to acts of genocide against Turkic-Muslim nations in 20th century kicks off in Azerbaijan
The 5th international scientific conference, titled “Acts of Genocides against Turkic-Muslim Nations in the 20th Century”, kicked off in Azerbaijan’s Gusar district on April 26, APA’s northern bureau reports.
The conference is taking place under President Ilham Aliyev’s order on marking the centenary of the 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis.
The conference was organized jointly by the Presidium of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), the ANAS Institute of History named after Bakikhanov, Ataturk Culture, Language and History Department at Ataturk Research Center under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Turkey, the Turkish Embassy in Azerbaijan and the Gusar Executive Authority.
Prior to the conference, the participants visited a monument to national leader Heydar Aliyev and a memorial to the ‘Bloody valley’ heroes.
The conference was also joined by representatives of Turkey, Russia, Poland, Albania, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, India and Iraq.
Head of the Gusar District Executive Authority Shair Alkhasov spoke about the tragic events that happened throughout the history of Azerbaijan.
The conference will last 3 days.
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 08.05.2018Police salaries increased 16-fold in last 15 years – interior minister
- 07.05.2018Kamran Imanov appointed chairman of Board of Intellectual Property Agency
- 07.05.2018Torture in prisons discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting in Baku
- 07.05.2018Top official: Freedom of speech and press ensured in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani official: Counterfeit drugs trade – one of most serious crimes
- 04.05.2018Results of final exams held for 9th form pupils on March 18 publicized
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Azerbaijani carpet weavers
- 27.04.2018New chairman of Azerbaijani State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations appointed
- 30.04.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of social benefits for I group disabled citizens
- 01.05.2018State Committee: Education at Azerbaijan Institute of Theology to be free
- 26.04.2018Education Ministry: Employment procedures for directors and teachers to be amended in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018NGOs adopt statement on 100th anniversary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to impose new penalties for breaking rules on rallies, street marches