"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
The European Union Delegation to Azerbaijan is holding first "IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 in Baku.
The event is organized by embassies of the EU countries, as well as embassies of Switzerland, Norway, Moldova, Peru, Israel, Mexico, Argentina, Cuba and Brazil, Park Cinema, Landmark, United Cultures, Baku Media Center in collaboration with YARAT, with the support of Turkish Airlines and ASAN Radio, APA reported.
Head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Kestutis Jankauskas, speaking at a press conference held on the occasion of the opening of the festival, said that he is proud of the fact that Baku will be the capital of tolerance from October 12 to 20.
He noted that "IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 will be the first festival organized in a third country by the EU.
Jankauskas said that this festival is dedicated to the 60th anniversary of the signing of the Rome Treaty.
“We thought that Baku is the best city for hosting such a festival, the essence of which can be expressed in two words – tolerance and diversity. Both these words embody Baku,” Jankauskas said calling on everyone to join the days of tolerance.
"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival aims to promote tolerant values and intercultural dialogue through art. This is one of the largest international festivals ever held in Azerbaijan. Within the framework of the event, creative people from the EU and Azerbaijan will exchange experience and hold debates, meetings.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform expresses deep condolences over 20 January tragedy
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijani public pays tribute to January 20 victims
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan holds minute of silence to honor January 20 victims
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan simplifies visa procedures for 2018 Formula 1 Grand Prix
- 19.01.2018Traffic to be restricted on some roads of Baku on January 20
- 18.01.2018Teymur Bunyadov awarded Shohrat Order
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first stage of paid mock exam for master admission
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases salaries of teachers working in state vocational education institutions
- 17.01.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final, entrance exams in 2018
- 16.01.2018Keshikchi Dag monastery needs to be repaired – Azerbaijani State Service
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli