Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has congratulated the participants of the 1st International Forum of the Caucasus Studies Scholars.
“Dear participants, I cordially congratulate you on the occasion of the start of the 1st International Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars in Azerbaijan’s capital and wish each of you success in your future scientific endeavors,” said President Aliyev in his congratulatory message.
The Azerbaijani president noted that the Caucasus has for centuries been a unique center of civilization where different nations co-existed in peace and respected each other’s traditions.
“This region, located on the Silk Road and for which mighty empires longed in the early stages, has also caused geopolitical interests of great powers in recent centuries for its exceptional geographical location, rich natural resources and the strategic importance,” said President Aliyev.
The Azerbaijani president highly appreciated the participation of more than 150 scientists and researchers from the world’s well-known centers in the event.
“High-level scientific meetings held in a multilateral format contribute to the expansion of cooperation between peoples and nations, relevant scientific research institutes and scientists,” Ilham Aliyev said in his message.
“I hope that the discussions and exchange of views to be held within the framework of the forum, your recommendations and suggestions will be a turning point in solving the current problems of the Caucasus studies, promote new areas of international scientific cooperation and give impetus to the strengthening of peace and tranquility in the region,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 30.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC holds first university entrance exams
- 30.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold first university entrance exams today
- 29.04.2017Trials proceeds for ex-officials of Azerbaijan’s liquidated ministry of security
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijani court sentences Russian citizen of Armenian origin to 8 years in prison
- 28.04.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Gobustan
- 28.04.2017May weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission rejects allegations of pardon for a person who wasn’t listed
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold first university entrance exams on April 30
- 27.04.2017MP: Some cafes and restaurants in Azerbaijan offer hookahs containing drugs
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan's former health minister gets 7 years and 5 days in prison - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017New prosecutor of Baku appointed
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 21.04.2017EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 03.12.2014Special institutions for working of disabled persons can be established in Azerbaijan
- 04.12.2014Azerbaijani performs unique operation for first time in world
- 05.12.2014Garib Mammadov: “The Cabinet of Ministers has been appealed for increase of penalties on willful usage of lands suitable for agriculture” - INTERVIEW
- 02.12.2014Education Minister signs order to implement decision on extension of school year
- 02.12.2014UNHCR urges immediate support for suspended WFP food aid programme for Syrian refugees
- 02.12.2014Temperature to be -15 C in some regions of Azerbaijan tomorrow