Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has congratulated the participants of the 1st International Forum of the Caucasus Studies Scholars.
“Dear participants, I cordially congratulate you on the occasion of the start of the 1st International Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars in Azerbaijan’s capital and wish each of you success in your future scientific endeavors,” said President Aliyev in his congratulatory message.
The Azerbaijani president noted that the Caucasus has for centuries been a unique center of civilization where different nations co-existed in peace and respected each other’s traditions.
“This region, located on the Silk Road and for which mighty empires longed in the early stages, has also caused geopolitical interests of great powers in recent centuries for its exceptional geographical location, rich natural resources and the strategic importance,” said President Aliyev.
The Azerbaijani president highly appreciated the participation of more than 150 scientists and researchers from the world’s well-known centers in the event.
“High-level scientific meetings held in a multilateral format contribute to the expansion of cooperation between peoples and nations, relevant scientific research institutes and scientists,” Ilham Aliyev said in his message.
“I hope that the discussions and exchange of views to be held within the framework of the forum, your recommendations and suggestions will be a turning point in solving the current problems of the Caucasus studies, promote new areas of international scientific cooperation and give impetus to the strengthening of peace and tranquility in the region,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Gabala hosts int’l scientific conference entitled ‘Archeology of Gabala’
- 21.10.2017Baku awaits rainless weather on Sunday
- 20.10.2017Applicants to take entrance exams in two groups this academic year in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ambassador Cekuta: About 7,000 Azerbaijanis received education in U.S. over 25-year period of diplomatic relations
- 20.10.2017In Azerbaijan, final exams to be held once, but entrance exams more than once under new model
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament excludes 3 issues from agenda
- 20.10.2017AZN 50.5 mln allocated for IDPs who don’t have access to gas supply
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani SEC: In 2019 maximum point in university entrance exams will be 400
- 20.10.2017Education expenditure in Azerbaijan’s draft state budget 2018 exceeds AZN 2 bln
- 20.10.2017Teachers’ diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan to end next year
- 20.10.2017AZN 5M to be allocated to mark 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 20.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov to be taken to Germany for treatment
- 19.10.201770 people brought to responsibility in Baku for auto-hooliganism
- 19.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve water supply, livestock management for residents of Zardab and Aghjabadi
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow