Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
Additional ten carpet weaving factories will be opened in Azerbaijan next year, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks during a meeting with carpet-makers at the opening of the Guba branch of "Azerkhalcha" Open Joint Stock Company on Thursday, APA reported.
"Azerbaijan is famous for ancient traditions of carpet weaving. There are unique carpet-weaving works in different parts of our country. Guba has always been one of the centers of carpet weaving. Guba's carpets are exhibited in museums of our country and beyond,” he said.
The head of state noted that there are several carpet weaving factories in Guba.
“One of them is this factory of "Azerkhalcha" OJSC which has recently been created. Ten factories have already been put into operation by Azerkhalcha". I attended the opening of the Horadiz and Shamkir carpet weaving factories. Today we’re celebrating the opening of this factory. At the same time, there are seven other factories. And next year, additional ten carpet weaving factories will be opened in different parts of our country. Thus, 20 new carpet weaving factories will open,” added President Aliyev.
He said that the absolute majority of workers at carpet weaving factories are women.
“Good work conditions have been provided for women here. The employment of women is very important for us. Carpet weaving is an art of women. Yes, women do bring this art to life. In each factory approximately 150 jobs are created. At least 3,000 women will be employed at 20 factories,” said the president.
“Carpet weaving is Azerbaijan’s national wealth,” added President Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 29.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for renovation works in Aghjabadi
- 29.11.2017Most appeals to State Committee have to do with non-payment of alimonies
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends inauguration of Sabirabad District Central Hospital
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Flag Museum in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017Ivanka Trump praises Azerbaijani girl entrepreneur for her invention
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Aghjabadi Olympic Sport Complex
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created at military unit in Aghjabadi
- 28.11.2017Baku hosts int’l conference “Azerbaijan’s model of multiculturalism: ethno-cultural diversity”
- 28.11.2017Hugues Krafft’s stunning 19th century views of Baku unearthed in Reims
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views new residential complex for IDPs in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017Yusif Yusibov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba