Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
Additional ten carpet weaving factories will be opened in Azerbaijan next year, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks during a meeting with carpet-makers at the opening of the Guba branch of "Azerkhalcha" Open Joint Stock Company on Thursday, APA reported.
"Azerbaijan is famous for ancient traditions of carpet weaving. There are unique carpet-weaving works in different parts of our country. Guba has always been one of the centers of carpet weaving. Guba's carpets are exhibited in museums of our country and beyond,” he said.
The head of state noted that there are several carpet weaving factories in Guba.
“One of them is this factory of "Azerkhalcha" OJSC which has recently been created. Ten factories have already been put into operation by Azerkhalcha". I attended the opening of the Horadiz and Shamkir carpet weaving factories. Today we’re celebrating the opening of this factory. At the same time, there are seven other factories. And next year, additional ten carpet weaving factories will be opened in different parts of our country. Thus, 20 new carpet weaving factories will open,” added President Aliyev.
He said that the absolute majority of workers at carpet weaving factories are women.
“Good work conditions have been provided for women here. The employment of women is very important for us. Carpet weaving is an art of women. Yes, women do bring this art to life. In each factory approximately 150 jobs are created. At least 3,000 women will be employed at 20 factories,” said the president.
“Carpet weaving is Azerbaijan’s national wealth,” added President Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Presidential scholarship for students increased
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on development of education infrastructure
- 24.02.2018Baku awaits cloudy weather on Sunday
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba