Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
The implementation of infrastructure projects was in the spotlight of the Azerbaijani state in 2017, said President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that over the past year the electricity supply was improved in Azerbaijan and the work to gasify the country’s districts was accelerated.
President Aliyev went on to say that last year important measures were taken to develop the agricultural sphere.
“In addition, 1,300 km of highways were built in Azerbaijan last year. New roads were built in more than 500 villages. Drinking water projects were successfully implemented. Last year 133 new schools and 30 medical facilities were built or repaired, and two more Olympic complexes were commissioned,” he said.
The head of state also said that last year the issue of IDPs was also resolved. “2,300 IDP families were provided with new apartments,” he added.
President Aliyev was also touched upon the restoration of the liberated Jojug Marjanli village.
“The restoration of the village of Jojug Marjanli is a historic event. The ongoing construction work in Shikharkh settlement is of great importance,” he added.
Related news releases
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijan restricts right of 14,000 debtors to leave the country
- 22.01.2018Landslides causing cracks on walls of houses in Azerbaijan’s Shamakh
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on organ transplantation
- 22.01.2018Up to 60% of last year’s deaths in Azerbaijan resulted from heart failure
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijan to prohibit sale of medications to teenagers under 14
- 22.01.2018Board of Appeal: Sometimes central, local executive authorities make unreasonable decisions, ignoring entrepreneurs’ demands
- 22.01.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Tartar
- 20.01.2018Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform expresses deep condolences over 20 January tragedy
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijani public pays tribute to January 20 victims
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan holds minute of silence to honor January 20 victims
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan simplifies visa procedures for 2018 Formula 1 Grand Prix
- 19.01.2018Traffic to be restricted on some roads of Baku on January 20
- 18.01.2018Teymur Bunyadov awarded Shohrat Order
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first stage of paid mock exam for master admission
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases salaries of teachers working in state vocational education institutions
- 17.01.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final, entrance exams in 2018
- 16.01.2018Keshikchi Dag monastery needs to be repaired – Azerbaijani State Service
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan