Historical hamam opens in Guba after restoration
The opening of Gumbazli Hamam, a unique historical monument, which had been restored with the support of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan, was held in Guba district on March 26.
The restoration of the historical monument was funded by the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) in coordination with Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
Addressing the opening ceremony, Ziyaddin Aliyev, head of the Guba District Executive Authority, said that Guba has historical cultural and multicultural roots. He noted that such monuments are restored and will be restored in order to preserve these values for future generations.
Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev said that all historical monuments are preserved in Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan has always been loyal to multicultural traditions, the minister noted.
U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta said that the ambassadors should strengthen not only the relations among countries, but also the relations among peoples: “One of the most beautiful ties is established via culture. History brings together all of us. Many forces try to separate peoples from one another. Tolerance in Azerbaijan is an example for several counties. The project has started since March 2014. After restoration, it will be put into use as a place to support local economic development. Restoration of the historical hamam will be a symbol of friendship between our countries”.
Gumbazli Hamam was built in the 19th century and operated until the 1980s.
- 20.07.2018WhatsApp to limit message forwarding
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijani student named in Forbes 30 Under 30 list
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan toughening responsibility with regard to compulsory medical insurance
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan’s State Exam Center uncovers up to 45,000 counterfeit test preparation books
- 26.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference on development of cotton-growing in Barda
- 23.03.2018Annual report on combating human trafficking to be tabled in parliament
- 22.03.2018Weather forecast for March 23