Heydar Aliyev Foundation to support Baku Marathon 2017
On April 30, the Baku Marathon is to be arranged under the auspices of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation.
Held for the second time, this year’s Marathon retains its motto: Win the Wind, the Foundation told APA.
With its major goal of promoting sports, healthy lifestyle and bringing people in their pursuit of good intents, the Marathon will be organized by the Administration of the Seafront Boulevard along with the Baku Olympic Stadium, and Sport Marketing Group (SMG) acting as the executive agency.
As it was the case last year, the Baku Marathon 2017 will start at the National Flag Square and run 21 kilometers all the way to the Baku Olympic Stadium.
A noteworthy detail is that the first semi-marathon event held on May 1, 2016 got over 7000 registered participants. The semi-marathon attended by Leyla Aliyeva, the Vice President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, along with the Azerbaijani participants, brought together almost 500 expats from Spain, France, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, Iran, India, Czech Republic as well as representatives of embassies of other countries living and working in Azerbaijan. The participants also included tourists from Austria, Germany, Spain, France, Russia, the UK, the UAE, Kenya, etc.
This year’s semi-marathon is open to anyone above the age of 16 upon prior registration. Registration for the Baku Marathon 2017 is available either at Baku’s shopping malls or at www.bakumarathon.az website since February 10 until April 20. The registration procedure requires filling out an application form, presenting a copy of valid ID (student ID in case of students) and paying the admission fee.
Individual fee for natural persons is 20 AZN, whereas corporate fee (minimum 5 representatives from an agency) is 100 AZN per person. As the expenses for students’ participation are covered by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, no fee shall be charged on students in the course of registration.
Awards for the Baku Marathon 2017 will be granted in two categories: the first three places among men and women. Winners of the first places in both categories shall be awarded 3,000 AZN, whereas the second and third prize winners are to get 2,000 and 1,000 AZN respectively along with gifts, medals and certificates.
Besides the three major winners among men and women, winners of the 4th, 5th and 6th places in both categories are to get a tourist voucher for two persons to any European country of their choice.
Those ending the 7th and the 8th in both categories are to be remunerated by the sponsors of the Baku Marathon 2017, whereas holders of the 9th and 10th places shall get a 100AZN gift card each.
Further information on the developments and events related to the Marathon is available at the Baku Marathon 2017 Facebook page (www.facebook.com/bakumarathon) and the www.bakumarathon.az website.
Related news releases
- 29.06.2017Beytulla Huseynov testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 29.06.2017Mehman Huseynov files appeal against court decision
- 29.06.2017Investigation into criminal cases against ex-Azerbaijani diplomat and person who emigrated illegally suspended
- 29.06.2017Baku Zoo to undergo reconstruction
- 29.06.2017Children who can’t enter lyceums and gymnasiums to be admitted to other schools in Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2017Internal management at Azerbaijani universities undergoes changes
- 28.06.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Facebook hits two billion users
- 26.06.2017Baku’s central streets to reopen for full public use this evening as F-1 race comes to a close
- 23.06.2017Team that always plays ‘away’: story of Garabagh FC comes to Stamford Bridge
- 23.06.2017Moldovan president visits Formula 1 Paddock
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Public legal entity status will open up new opportunities for development of higher education
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to have five non-working days on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Final exams for IX-XI graders starts in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Former Azerbaijani health minister gets his appeal denied by court
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on telecommunications
- 22.06.2017Preliminary hearing held for Alexander Lapshin - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Two Universities in Azerbaijan to get public legal entity status
- 21.06.2017Sayyaf Ismayilov awarded “Honored Civil Servant” title
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on granting young talents a special stipend
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry comments on lawyers’ statement about Akif Chovdarov’s health
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry: Doctors are closely following Lapshin’s health condition
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of Narimanov District Court
- 20.06.2017US Embassy celebrates opening of Ganja American Corner
- 20.06.2017Court rejects Afgan Mukhtarli’s petition
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 19.06.2017Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja
- 17.06.2017Traffic police address drivers in connection with Formula 1
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan University of Languages to get public legal entity status
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on healthcare workers
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan allocates two hospitals for F1 Grand Prix
- 16.06.2017Number of official unemployed population announced
- 16.06.20174-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Number of Azerbaijan population increases 0.3%
- 16.06.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Jalilabad
- 06.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 07.02.2017First lunar eclipse to occur on February 11
- 08.02.2017Azerbaijan to change rules for university entry
- 06.02.2017Photo exhibition that captures plight of Azerbaijani IDPs opens in Düsseldorf
- 04.02.2017Weather forecast for Feb 5: dry weather expected in Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijan starts relocating IDPs from buildings that are in disrepair