Heydar Aliyev Foundation to support Baku Marathon 2017
On April 30, the Baku Marathon is to be arranged under the auspices of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation.
Held for the second time, this year’s Marathon retains its motto: Win the Wind, the Foundation told APA.
With its major goal of promoting sports, healthy lifestyle and bringing people in their pursuit of good intents, the Marathon will be organized by the Administration of the Seafront Boulevard along with the Baku Olympic Stadium, and Sport Marketing Group (SMG) acting as the executive agency.
As it was the case last year, the Baku Marathon 2017 will start at the National Flag Square and run 21 kilometers all the way to the Baku Olympic Stadium.
A noteworthy detail is that the first semi-marathon event held on May 1, 2016 got over 7000 registered participants. The semi-marathon attended by Leyla Aliyeva, the Vice President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, along with the Azerbaijani participants, brought together almost 500 expats from Spain, France, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, Iran, India, Czech Republic as well as representatives of embassies of other countries living and working in Azerbaijan. The participants also included tourists from Austria, Germany, Spain, France, Russia, the UK, the UAE, Kenya, etc.
This year’s semi-marathon is open to anyone above the age of 16 upon prior registration. Registration for the Baku Marathon 2017 is available either at Baku’s shopping malls or at www.bakumarathon.az website since February 10 until April 20. The registration procedure requires filling out an application form, presenting a copy of valid ID (student ID in case of students) and paying the admission fee.
Individual fee for natural persons is 20 AZN, whereas corporate fee (minimum 5 representatives from an agency) is 100 AZN per person. As the expenses for students’ participation are covered by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, no fee shall be charged on students in the course of registration.
Awards for the Baku Marathon 2017 will be granted in two categories: the first three places among men and women. Winners of the first places in both categories shall be awarded 3,000 AZN, whereas the second and third prize winners are to get 2,000 and 1,000 AZN respectively along with gifts, medals and certificates.
Besides the three major winners among men and women, winners of the 4th, 5th and 6th places in both categories are to get a tourist voucher for two persons to any European country of their choice.
Those ending the 7th and the 8th in both categories are to be remunerated by the sponsors of the Baku Marathon 2017, whereas holders of the 9th and 10th places shall get a 100AZN gift card each.
Further information on the developments and events related to the Marathon is available at the Baku Marathon 2017 Facebook page (www.facebook.com/bakumarathon) and the www.bakumarathon.az website.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2017Changeable cloudy and dry weather predicted in Baku
- 22.03.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 20.03.2017Azercell supports international event in Baku
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 17.03.2017Albanian president awarded title of honorary doctor of Azerbaijan University of Languages
- 17.03.201714 female inmates pardoned Azerbaijan's president
- 17.03.2017Pardon order: 40 inmates released from Correctional Facility No. 13
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan starts execution of presidential order on pardon
- 16.03.2017Rector appointed to Baku Engineering University
- 16.03.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MES: Project for 1st micro-district to cover more areas in case it proves successful
- 15.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 14.03.2017Two-time European karate champion standing trial on drug charges
- 14.03.2017Dust clouds over Turkmenistan to hit Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Hearing in case of former MNS generals postponed
- 14.03.2017Supreme Court considers IBA ex-chairman’s appeal
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani court rejects appeal of former OMON members
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 13.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets lawyer
- 13.03.2017Dust storm from Arabian Desert hits Baku
- 13.03.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 13.03.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill prohibiting smoking in public places
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announce dates of entrance exams for master’s degree
- 10.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announces admission to masters degree
- 09.03.2017Former MNS employees plead not guilty - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal is to provide 4,000 IDP families with apartments in Baku and Sumgayit
- 09.03.2017US ambassador begins trip to Azerbaijan’s southern region
- 08.03.2017Today marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2017Polluted environments kill 1.7 million children each year: WHO
- 06.03.2017Tariff Council determines exam entry fees - LIST
- 06.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 07.02.2017First lunar eclipse to occur on February 11
- 08.02.2017Azerbaijan to change rules for university entry
- 06.02.2017Photo exhibition that captures plight of Azerbaijani IDPs opens in Düsseldorf
- 04.02.2017Weather forecast for Feb 5: dry weather expected in Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijan starts relocating IDPs from buildings that are in disrepair