Heydar Aliyev Foundation to support Baku Marathon 2017
On April 30, the Baku Marathon is to be arranged under the auspices of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation.
Held for the second time, this year’s Marathon retains its motto: Win the Wind, the Foundation told APA.
With its major goal of promoting sports, healthy lifestyle and bringing people in their pursuit of good intents, the Marathon will be organized by the Administration of the Seafront Boulevard along with the Baku Olympic Stadium, and Sport Marketing Group (SMG) acting as the executive agency.
As it was the case last year, the Baku Marathon 2017 will start at the National Flag Square and run 21 kilometers all the way to the Baku Olympic Stadium.
A noteworthy detail is that the first semi-marathon event held on May 1, 2016 got over 7000 registered participants. The semi-marathon attended by Leyla Aliyeva, the Vice President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, along with the Azerbaijani participants, brought together almost 500 expats from Spain, France, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, Iran, India, Czech Republic as well as representatives of embassies of other countries living and working in Azerbaijan. The participants also included tourists from Austria, Germany, Spain, France, Russia, the UK, the UAE, Kenya, etc.
This year’s semi-marathon is open to anyone above the age of 16 upon prior registration. Registration for the Baku Marathon 2017 is available either at Baku’s shopping malls or at www.bakumarathon.az website since February 10 until April 20. The registration procedure requires filling out an application form, presenting a copy of valid ID (student ID in case of students) and paying the admission fee.
Individual fee for natural persons is 20 AZN, whereas corporate fee (minimum 5 representatives from an agency) is 100 AZN per person. As the expenses for students’ participation are covered by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, no fee shall be charged on students in the course of registration.
Awards for the Baku Marathon 2017 will be granted in two categories: the first three places among men and women. Winners of the first places in both categories shall be awarded 3,000 AZN, whereas the second and third prize winners are to get 2,000 and 1,000 AZN respectively along with gifts, medals and certificates.
Besides the three major winners among men and women, winners of the 4th, 5th and 6th places in both categories are to get a tourist voucher for two persons to any European country of their choice.
Those ending the 7th and the 8th in both categories are to be remunerated by the sponsors of the Baku Marathon 2017, whereas holders of the 9th and 10th places shall get a 100AZN gift card each.
Further information on the developments and events related to the Marathon is available at the Baku Marathon 2017 Facebook page (www.facebook.com/bakumarathon) and the www.bakumarathon.az website.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 06.10.2017Some Ashura blood donators found to be infected with HIV, Hepatitis, Syphilis: Health Ministry
- 06.10.2017Nobel Peace Prize 2017 awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Press Council recommends fines for violation of literary language norms
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijan’s NTRC reveals main problems with using literary language on television and radio
- 06.10.201711th International Education Exhibition opens in Baku
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President attended ceremony to give out new apartments to IDP families in Masazir
- 05.10.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva visits new building for IDP families
- 05.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for school construction in Lahij
- 04.10.2017Minister Kamaleddin Heydarov meets with CEO of Italian Leonardo company
- 04.10.2017Men also among victims of domestic violence in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 04.10.2017Euronews presents report about Azerbaijan's Lahij city - VIDEO
- 03.10.2017Int’l experience shows risk of sexually transmitted diseases is higher, sociologist says
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister appeals to Supreme Court chairman
- 03.10.2017Kamal Abdullayev granted Azerbaijani president’s personal stipend
- 06.02.2017Witnesses testify in Akif Chovdarov’s trial
- 07.02.2017First lunar eclipse to occur on February 11
- 08.02.2017Azerbaijan to change rules for university entry
- 06.02.2017Photo exhibition that captures plight of Azerbaijani IDPs opens in Düsseldorf
- 04.02.2017Weather forecast for Feb 5: dry weather expected in Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijan starts relocating IDPs from buildings that are in disrepair