Gabala hosts int’l scientific conference entitled ‘Archeology of Gabala’
SEBA (Seoul-Baku) Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association Public Union, the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography, and the Korean Embassy in Azerbaijan have held a joint international scientific conference entitled “Archeology of Gabala”.
The seminar, organized by the Gabala Archeological Center, is dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, APA's local bureau reports.
The opening of the seminar was attended by Korean Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu, SEBA Chairwoman Ruhangiz Heydarova, Azerbaijan’s Deputy Minister of Culture and Tourism Nazim Samadov, Director of the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography, Prof. Maisa Rahimova, Doctor of historical sciences, ANAS active member, Academic Teymur Bunyadov, head of the Gabala archeological expedition, ANAS corresponding member, Prof. Ilyas Babayev, and Director of the National History Museum, doctor of historical sciences, professor, ANAS active member, academician Naila Valikhanli.
It was noted that the Republic of Korea and the Republic of Azerbaijan have made great progress in the history of cooperation over the past 25 years and have constantly developed relations in the political, economic, cultural and other spheres. It was noted that Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association Public Union, which has been operating for 12 years, has played an important role in expanding these friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Korea.
They noted that the Gabala Azerbaijan-Korea archeological expedition’s work, as an example of cooperation in the field of science between the two countries, has a special place in this International Scientific Seminar. It was stressed that Gabala's hosting of such an international scientific seminar has attracted international attention not only to Gabala, but also to Azerbaijan as a whole. It was noted that the Azerbaijani-Korean archeological expedition started with the initiative, financial and organizational support of SEBA. Since then, archaeological investigations have been conducted each year in the three historic areas of Gabala (7th-century BC - 18th century AD), which was the capital of Caucasian Albania and later an important city in Azerbaijan and the whole East, as well as in areas dating back to the Paleolithic, Eneolithic and Early Bronze periods.
It was noted that archeological excavations in Gabala are being conducted by the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography and experts from several Korean scientific centers. All conditions are available for the preservation of archeological finds and for laboratory work. These samples are on display at the exhibition salon of the Archeological Center in the Chukhur Gabala village.
Apart from scientific lectures, a film titled “Gabala – Capital of Caucasian Albania” produced by Baku Media Center for SEBA as well as annual reports and finds on the results achieved during the excavations conducted in Gabala by Azerbaijani and Korean archeologists under the auspices of ANAS active member, Prof. Ilyas Babayev.
It was noted at the event that the seminar materials included 33 works by of 39 scientific works. Of these authors, some professors of Seoul National University, Kongju National University, Silla Cultural Heritage Research Institute, Moscow State University named after Lomonosov, and the German Archaeological Institute’s branch in Istanbul also took part in the event.
Famous Azerbaijani and Korean archeologists delivered speeches on the results of the research carried out in the ancient city of Gabala. The participants of the international scientific seminar then got acquainted with the archaeological excavations carried out in ancient areas of Gabala, as well as with exhibits and photographs.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 23.10.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Shabran
- 23.10.2017Strong geomagnetic storm expected to begin tomorrow
- 24.10.20172,010 residential, non-residential buildings around Teze Pir mosque in Baku to be demolished
- 21.10.2017Baku awaits rainless weather on Sunday
- 20.10.2017Applicants to take entrance exams in two groups this academic year in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ambassador Cekuta: About 7,000 Azerbaijanis received education in U.S. over 25-year period of diplomatic relations