Gabala hosts int’l scientific conference entitled ‘Archeology of Gabala’
SEBA (Seoul-Baku) Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association Public Union, the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography, and the Korean Embassy in Azerbaijan have held a joint international scientific conference entitled “Archeology of Gabala”.
The seminar, organized by the Gabala Archeological Center, is dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, APA's local bureau reports.
The opening of the seminar was attended by Korean Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu, SEBA Chairwoman Ruhangiz Heydarova, Azerbaijan’s Deputy Minister of Culture and Tourism Nazim Samadov, Director of the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography, Prof. Maisa Rahimova, Doctor of historical sciences, ANAS active member, Academic Teymur Bunyadov, head of the Gabala archeological expedition, ANAS corresponding member, Prof. Ilyas Babayev, and Director of the National History Museum, doctor of historical sciences, professor, ANAS active member, academician Naila Valikhanli.
It was noted that the Republic of Korea and the Republic of Azerbaijan have made great progress in the history of cooperation over the past 25 years and have constantly developed relations in the political, economic, cultural and other spheres. It was noted that Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association Public Union, which has been operating for 12 years, has played an important role in expanding these friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Korea.
They noted that the Gabala Azerbaijan-Korea archeological expedition’s work, as an example of cooperation in the field of science between the two countries, has a special place in this International Scientific Seminar. It was stressed that Gabala's hosting of such an international scientific seminar has attracted international attention not only to Gabala, but also to Azerbaijan as a whole. It was noted that the Azerbaijani-Korean archeological expedition started with the initiative, financial and organizational support of SEBA. Since then, archaeological investigations have been conducted each year in the three historic areas of Gabala (7th-century BC - 18th century AD), which was the capital of Caucasian Albania and later an important city in Azerbaijan and the whole East, as well as in areas dating back to the Paleolithic, Eneolithic and Early Bronze periods.
It was noted that archeological excavations in Gabala are being conducted by the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography and experts from several Korean scientific centers. All conditions are available for the preservation of archeological finds and for laboratory work. These samples are on display at the exhibition salon of the Archeological Center in the Chukhur Gabala village.
Apart from scientific lectures, a film titled “Gabala – Capital of Caucasian Albania” produced by Baku Media Center for SEBA as well as annual reports and finds on the results achieved during the excavations conducted in Gabala by Azerbaijani and Korean archeologists under the auspices of ANAS active member, Prof. Ilyas Babayev.
It was noted at the event that the seminar materials included 33 works by of 39 scientific works. Of these authors, some professors of Seoul National University, Kongju National University, Silla Cultural Heritage Research Institute, Moscow State University named after Lomonosov, and the German Archaeological Institute’s branch in Istanbul also took part in the event.
Famous Azerbaijani and Korean archeologists delivered speeches on the results of the research carried out in the ancient city of Gabala. The participants of the international scientific seminar then got acquainted with the archaeological excavations carried out in ancient areas of Gabala, as well as with exhibits and photographs.
Related news releases
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 10.11.2017Newly-built dormitory of Azerbaijan State Agrarian University inaugurated
- 23.10.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Shabran
- 23.10.2017Strong geomagnetic storm expected to begin tomorrow
- 24.10.20172,010 residential, non-residential buildings around Teze Pir mosque in Baku to be demolished
- 21.10.2017Baku awaits rainless weather on Sunday
- 20.10.2017Applicants to take entrance exams in two groups this academic year in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ambassador Cekuta: About 7,000 Azerbaijanis received education in U.S. over 25-year period of diplomatic relations