Gabala hosts int’l scientific conference entitled ‘Archeology of Gabala’
SEBA (Seoul-Baku) Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association Public Union, the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography, and the Korean Embassy in Azerbaijan have held a joint international scientific conference entitled “Archeology of Gabala”.
The seminar, organized by the Gabala Archeological Center, is dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, APA's local bureau reports.
The opening of the seminar was attended by Korean Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu, SEBA Chairwoman Ruhangiz Heydarova, Azerbaijan’s Deputy Minister of Culture and Tourism Nazim Samadov, Director of the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography, Prof. Maisa Rahimova, Doctor of historical sciences, ANAS active member, Academic Teymur Bunyadov, head of the Gabala archeological expedition, ANAS corresponding member, Prof. Ilyas Babayev, and Director of the National History Museum, doctor of historical sciences, professor, ANAS active member, academician Naila Valikhanli.
It was noted that the Republic of Korea and the Republic of Azerbaijan have made great progress in the history of cooperation over the past 25 years and have constantly developed relations in the political, economic, cultural and other spheres. It was noted that Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association Public Union, which has been operating for 12 years, has played an important role in expanding these friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Korea.
They noted that the Gabala Azerbaijan-Korea archeological expedition’s work, as an example of cooperation in the field of science between the two countries, has a special place in this International Scientific Seminar. It was stressed that Gabala's hosting of such an international scientific seminar has attracted international attention not only to Gabala, but also to Azerbaijan as a whole. It was noted that the Azerbaijani-Korean archeological expedition started with the initiative, financial and organizational support of SEBA. Since then, archaeological investigations have been conducted each year in the three historic areas of Gabala (7th-century BC - 18th century AD), which was the capital of Caucasian Albania and later an important city in Azerbaijan and the whole East, as well as in areas dating back to the Paleolithic, Eneolithic and Early Bronze periods.
It was noted that archeological excavations in Gabala are being conducted by the ANAS Institute of Archeology and Ethnography and experts from several Korean scientific centers. All conditions are available for the preservation of archeological finds and for laboratory work. These samples are on display at the exhibition salon of the Archeological Center in the Chukhur Gabala village.
Apart from scientific lectures, a film titled “Gabala – Capital of Caucasian Albania” produced by Baku Media Center for SEBA as well as annual reports and finds on the results achieved during the excavations conducted in Gabala by Azerbaijani and Korean archeologists under the auspices of ANAS active member, Prof. Ilyas Babayev.
It was noted at the event that the seminar materials included 33 works by of 39 scientific works. Of these authors, some professors of Seoul National University, Kongju National University, Silla Cultural Heritage Research Institute, Moscow State University named after Lomonosov, and the German Archaeological Institute’s branch in Istanbul also took part in the event.
Famous Azerbaijani and Korean archeologists delivered speeches on the results of the research carried out in the ancient city of Gabala. The participants of the international scientific seminar then got acquainted with the archaeological excavations carried out in ancient areas of Gabala, as well as with exhibits and photographs.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Term for registration of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan to be extended
- 22.06.2018Presidential Administration: 29.3 thousand civil servants make up 0.6% of Azerbaijan’s working population
- 22.06.2018Cabinet of Ministers eliminates dispute over vertical position of the state flag of Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijan Teacher Development Centre authorized as CELTA Training Centre
- 21.06.2018Date of Kamaladdin Heydarov’s reception of citizens in Siyazan rescheduled
- 21.06.2018New youth peace platform presented in Tbilisi
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 23.10.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Shabran
- 23.10.2017Strong geomagnetic storm expected to begin tomorrow
- 24.10.20172,010 residential, non-residential buildings around Teze Pir mosque in Baku to be demolished
- 21.10.2017Baku awaits rainless weather on Sunday
- 20.10.2017Applicants to take entrance exams in two groups this academic year in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ambassador Cekuta: About 7,000 Azerbaijanis received education in U.S. over 25-year period of diplomatic relations