Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted
An international arrest warrant has been issued for former, Kriman Salim Eldarovich, director of the “Bank Standard” Board of Directors, APA reported.
Investigative search operations are underway to find and arrest him.
According to the press service of the Prosecutor General’s Office, investigations have revealed that Chingiz Jalilov, founder of “Çudo Peçka” LLC and “ÇP Aqro” LLC, having conspired with former Director of “Bank Standard” Board of Directors Kriman Salim Eldarovich, took a loan in the amount of 21,874,000 manats at the expense of large funds that entered the bank from various sources, including from external and internal investors and deposits, without the consent of the Supervisory Council of the bank by pledging properties, the prices of which were artificially inflated. He specified the purpose of the loan as the alleged purchase of a summer residence, the repair of an apartment, the purchase of land, etc. in his name, in the name of close relatives, the names of different persons working in the societies he directed. Then, on the basis of these loan agreements, he pretended that he owed the loan to the bank on a large scale, restructured the loan several times (changing the terms of the loan or his payment), thereby sharing the 13 million 962 thousand manats he had embezzled with Salim Kriman.
Jalilov was put in pretrial detention under the article of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan #179.3.2 (Assignment or waste in a large amount, plunder of property entrusted to guilty by another person) and #308.2 (Abusing official powers which entailed heavy consequences) as there were revealed grounds for suspicions on spending of loans for his own purposes with officials of the bank.
Investigations have revealed that Guliyev Emin Gazanfar oglu, founder and director of Harvest LLC, specially created on behalf of former Director of “Bank Standard” Board of Directors Kriman Salim Eldarovich, entered into an agreement with him under the pretext of acquiring a 30% stock and completion of construction work shared with him 3,091,000 manats from a loan totaling 10,749,000 manats. The loan was allocated to Harvest LLC on the basis of several contracts at the expense of large amounts of money received from various sources at that time, including from external and internal investors and deposits.
In addition, E. Guliyev, continuing his criminal relations with Kriman, knowing in advance that he will not be able to fulfill his obligations under the contract, was able to, under the pretext of allegedly constructing a summer house, issue several loans without pledge for a total of 8,588,000 manats, which he also shared with Kriman.
E.Guliyev, being in collusion with the bank's officials, abusing his official position, spent these loans not for his personal needs, he was charged under articles 179.3.2 and 308.2. Guliyev has been put in pretrial detention.
The investigation into both cases is continuing.
Related news releases
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijan defines procedure for accrediting scientific institutions
- 15.12.2017Honorary titles conferred on MES employees
- 15.12.2017Court denies Mehman Huseynov’s appeal
- 15.12.2017Trial continues in case of Giyas Ibrahimov and his father
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Election Code
- 15.12.2017Director of Azerbaijani TV channel jailed for 6 years
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views overhauled Ludwigshafen Park in Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views "Kimyachi" Culture Palace in Sumgayit after major overhaul
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Important steps being taken in Azerbaijan to attract youth to science
- 14.12.2017State Program on Development of Inclusive Education for People with Disabilities approved
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry holds board meeting on its 12th anniversary
- 14.12.2017Winners of “Emergency Situations Through The Eyes of Children” competition awarded
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan prohibits changing of specialty in master’s degree
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 26.07.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted for evading investigation - UPDATED
- 26.07.2017Alexander Lapshin refuses to file appeal, asks to be extradited to Israel
- 26.07.2017Justice Ministry: Lapshin’s request for his extradition to Israel may be considered
- 26.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty to take aptitude test
- 25.07.2017Trial of former Azerbaijani ministry official continues
- 25.07.2017Man detained for illegally cutting down trees