Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted
An international arrest warrant has been issued for former, Kriman Salim Eldarovich, director of the “Bank Standard” Board of Directors, APA reported.
Investigative search operations are underway to find and arrest him.
According to the press service of the Prosecutor General’s Office, investigations have revealed that Chingiz Jalilov, founder of “Çudo Peçka” LLC and “ÇP Aqro” LLC, having conspired with former Director of “Bank Standard” Board of Directors Kriman Salim Eldarovich, took a loan in the amount of 21,874,000 manats at the expense of large funds that entered the bank from various sources, including from external and internal investors and deposits, without the consent of the Supervisory Council of the bank by pledging properties, the prices of which were artificially inflated. He specified the purpose of the loan as the alleged purchase of a summer residence, the repair of an apartment, the purchase of land, etc. in his name, in the name of close relatives, the names of different persons working in the societies he directed. Then, on the basis of these loan agreements, he pretended that he owed the loan to the bank on a large scale, restructured the loan several times (changing the terms of the loan or his payment), thereby sharing the 13 million 962 thousand manats he had embezzled with Salim Kriman.
Jalilov was put in pretrial detention under the article of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan #179.3.2 (Assignment or waste in a large amount, plunder of property entrusted to guilty by another person) and #308.2 (Abusing official powers which entailed heavy consequences) as there were revealed grounds for suspicions on spending of loans for his own purposes with officials of the bank.
Investigations have revealed that Guliyev Emin Gazanfar oglu, founder and director of Harvest LLC, specially created on behalf of former Director of “Bank Standard” Board of Directors Kriman Salim Eldarovich, entered into an agreement with him under the pretext of acquiring a 30% stock and completion of construction work shared with him 3,091,000 manats from a loan totaling 10,749,000 manats. The loan was allocated to Harvest LLC on the basis of several contracts at the expense of large amounts of money received from various sources at that time, including from external and internal investors and deposits.
In addition, E. Guliyev, continuing his criminal relations with Kriman, knowing in advance that he will not be able to fulfill his obligations under the contract, was able to, under the pretext of allegedly constructing a summer house, issue several loans without pledge for a total of 8,588,000 manats, which he also shared with Kriman.
E.Guliyev, being in collusion with the bank's officials, abusing his official position, spent these loans not for his personal needs, he was charged under articles 179.3.2 and 308.2. Guliyev has been put in pretrial detention.
The investigation into both cases is continuing.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Gabala hosts int’l scientific conference entitled ‘Archeology of Gabala’
- 21.10.2017Baku awaits rainless weather on Sunday
- 20.10.2017Applicants to take entrance exams in two groups this academic year in Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ambassador Cekuta: About 7,000 Azerbaijanis received education in U.S. over 25-year period of diplomatic relations
- 20.10.2017In Azerbaijan, final exams to be held once, but entrance exams more than once under new model
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament excludes 3 issues from agenda
- 20.10.2017AZN 50.5 mln allocated for IDPs who don’t have access to gas supply
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani SEC: In 2019 maximum point in university entrance exams will be 400
- 20.10.2017Education expenditure in Azerbaijan’s draft state budget 2018 exceeds AZN 2 bln
- 20.10.2017Teachers’ diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan to end next year
- 20.10.2017AZN 5M to be allocated to mark 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 20.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov to be taken to Germany for treatment
- 19.10.201770 people brought to responsibility in Baku for auto-hooliganism
- 19.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve water supply, livestock management for residents of Zardab and Aghjabadi
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 26.07.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted for evading investigation - UPDATED
- 26.07.2017Alexander Lapshin refuses to file appeal, asks to be extradited to Israel
- 26.07.2017Justice Ministry: Lapshin’s request for his extradition to Israel may be considered
- 26.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty to take aptitude test
- 25.07.2017Trial of former Azerbaijani ministry official continues
- 25.07.2017Man detained for illegally cutting down trees