Fifth Int’l Jam Festival opens in Gabala - UPDATED
The festival was organized in the park outside Qafqaz Karvansaray hotel in Gabala.
The festival brought together teams from 22 countries – Turkey, Germany, Belarus, the UK, Georgia, Croatia, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Romania, Russia, Poland, Serbia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus an China as well as from 44 cities and districts of Azerbaijan, an APA correspondent reported from the event.
Officials, ambassadors of some foreign countries to Azerbaijan, over 5,000 local and foreign tourists arrived at the festival organized by the Gabala District Executive Authority with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Azerbaijan National Culinary Center and National Culinary Association.
Enterprises manufacturing jams, wine, fruit juices and food products demonstrated their products in the festival.
Within the framework of the festival, exhibitions and fairs of works by masters of folk applied art, as well as performances by artistic collectives of Gabala were also organized. The jury specified the persons who make the best jams. Winners were announced in three nominations.
The participants were awarded trophies, medals and valuable gifts.
The festival continued with an interesting concert program.
- 22.06.2018An event held dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Council on State Support to NGOs
- 22.06.2018Translation of US historian Frederick Starr’s book into Azerbaijani presented
- 22.06.2018Term for registration of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan to be extended
- 22.06.2018Presidential Administration: 29.3 thousand civil servants make up 0.6% of Azerbaijan’s working population
- 22.06.2018Cabinet of Ministers eliminates dispute over vertical position of the state flag of Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijan Teacher Development Centre authorized as CELTA Training Centre
- 21.06.2018Date of Kamaladdin Heydarov’s reception of citizens in Siyazan rescheduled
- 21.06.2018New youth peace platform presented in Tbilisi
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 26.08.2017Facebook and Instagram 'crash' for thousands of internet users
- 28.08.2017Azerbaijan wraps up registration of applicants for universities
- 30.08.2017ASAN Visa to grant e-visa within 3 hours
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijani SEC: deadline for registration of applicants, bachelors extended
- 25.08.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Sabirabad
- 25.08.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: 11 fake diplomas revealed in interviews for recruitment of teachers