February 2 – Youth Day celebrated at Azerbaijani MES
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) held an event to mark February 2nd, celebrated as the Youth Day in the country.
The event, organized by the ministry’s Trade Union, was attended by deputy ministers of emergency situations, lieutenant generals Faig Taghizade and Etibar Mirzayev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department Vusal Guliyev, and deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Union of Azerbaijan Javanshir Alkhasov, APA reported.
Delivering keynote remarks at the event, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations Etibar Mirzayev congratulated Azerbaijani youth on behalf of the ministry’s leadership.
He underlined the great contribution of national leader Heydar Aliyev, who laid the foundation of youth policy in Azerbaijan, to the training of young personnel.
“Taking care of young people is a tradition in Azerbaijan. Mr President Ilham Aliyev pays special attention to young people. Young Azerbaijanis are studying in over 200 foreign universalities. Our country will benefit from these young people after their graduation,” Mirzayev said.
He noted that nearly 70 percent of ministry employees are young people. “We are ready to participate in the liberation of our lands under the order of Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev.”
Mirzayev praised the Azerbaijani president’s order on the allocation of four million manats for restoration of the liberated Jojug Marjanli village of Jabrayil district.
“This is a historical event that caused panic among Armenians,” he said.
In his speech, Vusal Guliyev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department, said national leader Heydar Aliyev gave huge importance to youth.
“As a result of these affairs, the Ministry of Youth and Sports was established and the first forum of Azerbaijani youth was held. Azerbaijan has achieved a lot in the area of youth policy, which is being successfully pursued by President Ilham Aliyev,” he said.
Guliyev noted that the Ministry of Emergency Situations gives priority to cooperating with youth.
Chairman of the MES Trade Union Mehman Ismayilov reminded that the 2nd of February has been celebrated as Youth Day since 1996.
“National leader Heydar Aliyev, during both his reign within the Soviet Union and the years of independence, always paid extensive attention and care to youth. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, too, provides big care to the younger generation,” he said.
Javanshir Alkhasov, deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Unions of Azerbaijan, also held that ideal conditions have been created for Azerbaijani youth to receive education and work.
In the end, the ministry’s young workers were awarded honorary diplomas and precious gifts.
- 22.11.2017Number of Armenians living in Azerbaijan revealed
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani Parl’t deputy speaker stresses need for reforms in law enforcement, security and judicial bodies
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for more spending on healthcare
- 22.11.2017MP proposes creating business incubators in Azerbaijan’s educational institutions
- 22.11.2017Baku hosts int’l conference on promoting tolerance among youth
- 22.11.2017Leyla Aliyeva meets with UNICEF regional director
- 22.11.201720 judges, including 7 chairmen of courts dismissed in Azerbaijan this year
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani state should provide serious support for treatment of autistic children – MP
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan initiates 12 criminal cases over municipal offences
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
- 01.02.2017Akif Chovdarov not brought to court due to adverse weather conditions
- 01.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official