February 2 – Youth Day celebrated at Azerbaijani MES
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) held an event to mark February 2nd, celebrated as the Youth Day in the country.
The event, organized by the ministry’s Trade Union, was attended by deputy ministers of emergency situations, lieutenant generals Faig Taghizade and Etibar Mirzayev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department Vusal Guliyev, and deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Union of Azerbaijan Javanshir Alkhasov, APA reported.
Delivering keynote remarks at the event, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations Etibar Mirzayev congratulated Azerbaijani youth on behalf of the ministry’s leadership.
He underlined the great contribution of national leader Heydar Aliyev, who laid the foundation of youth policy in Azerbaijan, to the training of young personnel.
“Taking care of young people is a tradition in Azerbaijan. Mr President Ilham Aliyev pays special attention to young people. Young Azerbaijanis are studying in over 200 foreign universalities. Our country will benefit from these young people after their graduation,” Mirzayev said.
He noted that nearly 70 percent of ministry employees are young people. “We are ready to participate in the liberation of our lands under the order of Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev.”
Mirzayev praised the Azerbaijani president’s order on the allocation of four million manats for restoration of the liberated Jojug Marjanli village of Jabrayil district.
“This is a historical event that caused panic among Armenians,” he said.
In his speech, Vusal Guliyev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department, said national leader Heydar Aliyev gave huge importance to youth.
“As a result of these affairs, the Ministry of Youth and Sports was established and the first forum of Azerbaijani youth was held. Azerbaijan has achieved a lot in the area of youth policy, which is being successfully pursued by President Ilham Aliyev,” he said.
Guliyev noted that the Ministry of Emergency Situations gives priority to cooperating with youth.
Chairman of the MES Trade Union Mehman Ismayilov reminded that the 2nd of February has been celebrated as Youth Day since 1996.
“National leader Heydar Aliyev, during both his reign within the Soviet Union and the years of independence, always paid extensive attention and care to youth. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, too, provides big care to the younger generation,” he said.
Javanshir Alkhasov, deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Unions of Azerbaijan, also held that ideal conditions have been created for Azerbaijani youth to receive education and work.
In the end, the ministry’s young workers were awarded honorary diplomas and precious gifts.
- 23.09.2017Baku holding extreme “Mübarizlər” contest for 1st time
- 22.09.2017Bicycle ride under motto of “Cycling to work” held in Baku
- 22.09.2017MP Tandilyan: Combating prostitution has become a necessity in Armenia
- 22.09.2017First endoscopic liver removal operation successfully performed in Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Balakhani Industrial Park
- 22.09.2017ANAMA, NATO to launch third phase of Jeyranchel clearance project
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan to apply new model of final and entrance exams
- 21.09.2017Number of IDP children studying in Azerbaijan’s military schools increases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan initiates 12 criminal cases over municipal offences
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
- 01.02.2017Akif Chovdarov not brought to court due to adverse weather conditions
- 01.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official