February 2 – Youth Day celebrated at Azerbaijani MES
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) held an event to mark February 2nd, celebrated as the Youth Day in the country.
The event, organized by the ministry’s Trade Union, was attended by deputy ministers of emergency situations, lieutenant generals Faig Taghizade and Etibar Mirzayev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department Vusal Guliyev, and deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Union of Azerbaijan Javanshir Alkhasov, APA reported.
Delivering keynote remarks at the event, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations Etibar Mirzayev congratulated Azerbaijani youth on behalf of the ministry’s leadership.
He underlined the great contribution of national leader Heydar Aliyev, who laid the foundation of youth policy in Azerbaijan, to the training of young personnel.
“Taking care of young people is a tradition in Azerbaijan. Mr President Ilham Aliyev pays special attention to young people. Young Azerbaijanis are studying in over 200 foreign universalities. Our country will benefit from these young people after their graduation,” Mirzayev said.
He noted that nearly 70 percent of ministry employees are young people. “We are ready to participate in the liberation of our lands under the order of Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev.”
Mirzayev praised the Azerbaijani president’s order on the allocation of four million manats for restoration of the liberated Jojug Marjanli village of Jabrayil district.
“This is a historical event that caused panic among Armenians,” he said.
In his speech, Vusal Guliyev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department, said national leader Heydar Aliyev gave huge importance to youth.
“As a result of these affairs, the Ministry of Youth and Sports was established and the first forum of Azerbaijani youth was held. Azerbaijan has achieved a lot in the area of youth policy, which is being successfully pursued by President Ilham Aliyev,” he said.
Guliyev noted that the Ministry of Emergency Situations gives priority to cooperating with youth.
Chairman of the MES Trade Union Mehman Ismayilov reminded that the 2nd of February has been celebrated as Youth Day since 1996.
“National leader Heydar Aliyev, during both his reign within the Soviet Union and the years of independence, always paid extensive attention and care to youth. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, too, provides big care to the younger generation,” he said.
Javanshir Alkhasov, deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Unions of Azerbaijan, also held that ideal conditions have been created for Azerbaijani youth to receive education and work.
In the end, the ministry’s young workers were awarded honorary diplomas and precious gifts.
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 21.04.2017EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament passes bill restricting tobacco use
- 14.04.2017Baku Education Department: No violations recorded during teacher recruitment
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijan to broadcast anti-smoking TV and radio programs
- 13.04.201790 first aid brigades to be available during Baku Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.04.2017Bears and gazelles illegally kept at some recreational centers in Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan: Minors to be required to present ID while buying cigarettes
- 13.04.2017APFP member arrested over FETO links standing trial
- 12.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues
- 12.04.2017Witnesses testify in trial of former Azerbaijani health minister
- 12.04.2017Belarus studies Azerbaijan's experience in providing security during European Games
- 12.04.2017Demolition of Haji Javad Mosque in Baku’s Sovetsky temporarily halted
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan initiates 12 criminal cases over municipal offences
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
- 01.02.2017Akif Chovdarov not brought to court due to adverse weather conditions
- 01.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official