February 2 – Youth Day celebrated at Azerbaijani MES
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) held an event to mark February 2nd, celebrated as the Youth Day in the country.
The event, organized by the ministry’s Trade Union, was attended by deputy ministers of emergency situations, lieutenant generals Faig Taghizade and Etibar Mirzayev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department Vusal Guliyev, and deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Union of Azerbaijan Javanshir Alkhasov, APA reported.
Delivering keynote remarks at the event, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations Etibar Mirzayev congratulated Azerbaijani youth on behalf of the ministry’s leadership.
He underlined the great contribution of national leader Heydar Aliyev, who laid the foundation of youth policy in Azerbaijan, to the training of young personnel.
“Taking care of young people is a tradition in Azerbaijan. Mr President Ilham Aliyev pays special attention to young people. Young Azerbaijanis are studying in over 200 foreign universalities. Our country will benefit from these young people after their graduation,” Mirzayev said.
He noted that nearly 70 percent of ministry employees are young people. “We are ready to participate in the liberation of our lands under the order of Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev.”
Mirzayev praised the Azerbaijani president’s order on the allocation of four million manats for restoration of the liberated Jojug Marjanli village of Jabrayil district.
“This is a historical event that caused panic among Armenians,” he said.
In his speech, Vusal Guliyev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department, said national leader Heydar Aliyev gave huge importance to youth.
“As a result of these affairs, the Ministry of Youth and Sports was established and the first forum of Azerbaijani youth was held. Azerbaijan has achieved a lot in the area of youth policy, which is being successfully pursued by President Ilham Aliyev,” he said.
Guliyev noted that the Ministry of Emergency Situations gives priority to cooperating with youth.
Chairman of the MES Trade Union Mehman Ismayilov reminded that the 2nd of February has been celebrated as Youth Day since 1996.
“National leader Heydar Aliyev, during both his reign within the Soviet Union and the years of independence, always paid extensive attention and care to youth. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, too, provides big care to the younger generation,” he said.
Javanshir Alkhasov, deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Unions of Azerbaijan, also held that ideal conditions have been created for Azerbaijani youth to receive education and work.
In the end, the ministry’s young workers were awarded honorary diplomas and precious gifts.
- 25.04.2018NGOs adopt statement on 100th anniversary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to impose new penalties for breaking rules on rallies, street marches
- 25.04.2018BHOS concludes 3rd SOCAR International Forum with conference
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan considers restriction of freedom for several offences
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new fines for violating entry and exit rules
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law on employment
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on vocational education
- 23.04.2018Jeyhun Bayramov relieved of his duties as Deputy Minister of Education
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on allocation of lump-sum financial aid to WW II veterans
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks
- 19.04.2018Health Ministry: Anemia, kidney and heart diseases widespread among pregnant women in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201837,618 abortion cases recorded in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals number of maternal deaths registered in 1Q 2018
- 19.04.2018Early marriages reported not only among Azerbaijanis living in Georgia: UNFPA study
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan initiates 12 criminal cases over municipal offences
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
- 01.02.2017Akif Chovdarov not brought to court due to adverse weather conditions
- 01.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official