February 2 – Youth Day celebrated at Azerbaijani MES
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) held an event to mark February 2nd, celebrated as the Youth Day in the country.
The event, organized by the ministry’s Trade Union, was attended by deputy ministers of emergency situations, lieutenant generals Faig Taghizade and Etibar Mirzayev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department Vusal Guliyev, and deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Union of Azerbaijan Javanshir Alkhasov, APA reported.
Delivering keynote remarks at the event, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations Etibar Mirzayev congratulated Azerbaijani youth on behalf of the ministry’s leadership.
He underlined the great contribution of national leader Heydar Aliyev, who laid the foundation of youth policy in Azerbaijan, to the training of young personnel.
“Taking care of young people is a tradition in Azerbaijan. Mr President Ilham Aliyev pays special attention to young people. Young Azerbaijanis are studying in over 200 foreign universalities. Our country will benefit from these young people after their graduation,” Mirzayev said.
He noted that nearly 70 percent of ministry employees are young people. “We are ready to participate in the liberation of our lands under the order of Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev.”
Mirzayev praised the Azerbaijani president’s order on the allocation of four million manats for restoration of the liberated Jojug Marjanli village of Jabrayil district.
“This is a historical event that caused panic among Armenians,” he said.
In his speech, Vusal Guliyev, head of the Sector for work with youth organizations under the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration's social and political department, said national leader Heydar Aliyev gave huge importance to youth.
“As a result of these affairs, the Ministry of Youth and Sports was established and the first forum of Azerbaijani youth was held. Azerbaijan has achieved a lot in the area of youth policy, which is being successfully pursued by President Ilham Aliyev,” he said.
Guliyev noted that the Ministry of Emergency Situations gives priority to cooperating with youth.
Chairman of the MES Trade Union Mehman Ismayilov reminded that the 2nd of February has been celebrated as Youth Day since 1996.
“National leader Heydar Aliyev, during both his reign within the Soviet Union and the years of independence, always paid extensive attention and care to youth. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, too, provides big care to the younger generation,” he said.
Javanshir Alkhasov, deputy chairman of the Confederation of Trade Unions of Azerbaijan, also held that ideal conditions have been created for Azerbaijani youth to receive education and work.
In the end, the ministry’s young workers were awarded honorary diplomas and precious gifts.
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani Defense Industry Minister Yavar Jamalov dies
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijan to mark Mehdi Huseynzade’s 100th birth anniversary
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards healthcare workers
- 23.06.2018Akif Alizade approved as ANAS president
- 22.06.2018An event held dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Council on State Support to NGOs
- 22.06.2018Translation of US historian Frederick Starr’s book into Azerbaijani presented
- 22.06.2018Term for registration of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan to be extended
- 22.06.2018Presidential Administration: 29.3 thousand civil servants make up 0.6% of Azerbaijan’s working population
- 22.06.2018Cabinet of Ministers eliminates dispute over vertical position of the state flag of Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijan Teacher Development Centre authorized as CELTA Training Centre
- 21.06.2018Date of Kamaladdin Heydarov’s reception of citizens in Siyazan rescheduled
- 21.06.2018New youth peace platform presented in Tbilisi
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan initiates 12 criminal cases over municipal offences
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games
- 01.02.2017Akif Chovdarov not brought to court due to adverse weather conditions
- 01.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official