Farewell ceremony held for Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev in Baku
A farewell ceremony was held for Azerbaijan’s Minister of Energy Natig Aliyev in the Cultural Center named after Shahriyar in Baku June 10.
He hailed the importance role Natig Aliyev had played in the implementation of the Contract of the Century, the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline projects, as well as other oil and gas projects.
SOCAR Vice-President Khoshbakh Yusufzade shared his memories about Natig Aliyev, noting that the late minister had always tried to protect Azerbaijan’s interests.
Chairman of Azerishig OJSC Balababa Rzayev underscored Natig Aliyev’s important role in the implementation of oil strategy in Azerbaijan.
The late minister’s son, Farhad Aliyev, in turn, expressed gratitude to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev for the help rendered during his father’s treatment.
Farhad Aliyev also thanked everyone who took part in the farewell ceremony.
Following the farewell ceremony, the late energy minister was laid to rest at the Alley of Honor in Baku.
A few days ago, Natig Aliyev was placed at the Central Hospital of Oil Workers in Baku due to heart problems. Then, he was brought to Turkey for medical treatment.
The energy minister died in a hospital in Istanbul on June 8.
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 29.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for renovation works in Aghjabadi
- 29.11.2017Most appeals to State Committee have to do with non-payment of alimonies
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends inauguration of Sabirabad District Central Hospital
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Flag Museum in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017Ivanka Trump praises Azerbaijani girl entrepreneur for her invention
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Aghjabadi Olympic Sport Complex
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created at military unit in Aghjabadi
- 11.06.2017More than 15,000 applicants taking mock exam in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2017Azerbaijani gov’t members, representatives of public attend funeral for Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 09.06.2017Florence Nightingale Hospital: Natig Aliyev died on June 8
- 09.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Proposals on problem with Guba Genocide Memorial Complex to be presented to Azerbaijani president