Farewell ceremony held for Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev in Baku
A farewell ceremony was held for Azerbaijan’s Minister of Energy Natig Aliyev in the Cultural Center named after Shahriyar in Baku June 10.
He hailed the importance role Natig Aliyev had played in the implementation of the Contract of the Century, the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline projects, as well as other oil and gas projects.
SOCAR Vice-President Khoshbakh Yusufzade shared his memories about Natig Aliyev, noting that the late minister had always tried to protect Azerbaijan’s interests.
Chairman of Azerishig OJSC Balababa Rzayev underscored Natig Aliyev’s important role in the implementation of oil strategy in Azerbaijan.
The late minister’s son, Farhad Aliyev, in turn, expressed gratitude to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev for the help rendered during his father’s treatment.
Farhad Aliyev also thanked everyone who took part in the farewell ceremony.
Following the farewell ceremony, the late energy minister was laid to rest at the Alley of Honor in Baku.
A few days ago, Natig Aliyev was placed at the Central Hospital of Oil Workers in Baku due to heart problems. Then, he was brought to Turkey for medical treatment.
The energy minister died in a hospital in Istanbul on June 8.
- 16.08.2017Prosecutor seeks 15 years for Akif Chovdarov - UPDATED
- 14.08.2017Baku to host Global Young Leaders Forum
- 14.08.20172,650 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgia
- 14.08.2017Ghulam Isaczai: Azerbaijani young people are energetic, innovative and inspirational
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijan announces university placement results
- 09.08.2017Iran building hospitals near border with Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan declares 4 days off for Eid al-Adha
- 07.08.2017Interior Ministry and Prosecutor’s Office issue joint statement on traffic accident caused by ‘Gelandewagen’
- 07.08.2017Prosecutor seeks penalty for woman for falsely presenting herself as MNS officials
- 05.08.2017Temperature to be 38C in Baku, 40C in regions tomorrow
- 04.08.2017President: Level of unemployment and poverty to reduce more
- 04.08.2017Argument erupts during trial of former MNS general
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launches new electrical substation in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of 180-seat orphanage-kindergarten in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opened in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Zagatala
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of ABAD Center in Balakan
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opens in Balakan
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title on 20 January martyr
- 02.08.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations call on the public to abide by safety regulations on beaches
- 02.08.2017Azerbaijani President attends opening of Pirshagi-Novkhani and Binagadi-Novkhani-Corat highways
- 01.08.2017Baku Higher Oil School students undertake internship at BP
- 31.07.2017Zakir Garalov: Imprisoned MNS officials’ properties worth AZN 56mln under arrest
- 31.07.2017UNEC Business School graduates get global job opportunities
- 31.07.2017Solar eclipse to occur next month
- 29.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty takes aptitude test
- 28.07.2017Interior Minister of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 28.07.2017Program Manager from Massachusetts Institute of Technology visits Baku Higher Oil School
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijan publicizes number of people bitten by snakes in July
- 28.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 5-year sentence for ex-official of liquidated ministry
- 28.07.2017State Examination Center addresses applicants who took entrance exam on July 27
- 28.07.2017The number of people released from arrest has increased by 28% over the past year in Azerbaijan
- 27.07.201783 people killed, 159 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan this year
- 27.07.2017Lapshin appeals to Azerbaijani Justice Ministry for his extradition to Israel
- 27.07.2017Temperature in Baku to reach 34-39C in late July
- 27.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov, Beytulla Huseynov each get 13 years in prison - UPDATED
- 27.07.2017Applicants evacuated due to fire retake entrance exams
- 26.07.2017Justice Ministry: Lapshin’s request for his extradition to Israel may be considered
- 26.07.2017Alexander Lapshin refuses to file appeal, asks to be extradited to Israel
- 26.07.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted for evading investigation - UPDATED
- 11.06.2017More than 15,000 applicants taking mock exam in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2017Azerbaijani gov’t members, representatives of public attend funeral for Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 09.06.2017Florence Nightingale Hospital: Natig Aliyev died on June 8
- 09.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Proposals on problem with Guba Genocide Memorial Complex to be presented to Azerbaijani president