Farewell ceremony held for Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev in Baku
A farewell ceremony was held for Azerbaijan’s Minister of Energy Natig Aliyev in the Cultural Center named after Shahriyar in Baku June 10.
He hailed the importance role Natig Aliyev had played in the implementation of the Contract of the Century, the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline projects, as well as other oil and gas projects.
SOCAR Vice-President Khoshbakh Yusufzade shared his memories about Natig Aliyev, noting that the late minister had always tried to protect Azerbaijan’s interests.
Chairman of Azerishig OJSC Balababa Rzayev underscored Natig Aliyev’s important role in the implementation of oil strategy in Azerbaijan.
The late minister’s son, Farhad Aliyev, in turn, expressed gratitude to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev for the help rendered during his father’s treatment.
Farhad Aliyev also thanked everyone who took part in the farewell ceremony.
Following the farewell ceremony, the late energy minister was laid to rest at the Alley of Honor in Baku.
A few days ago, Natig Aliyev was placed at the Central Hospital of Oil Workers in Baku due to heart problems. Then, he was brought to Turkey for medical treatment.
The energy minister died in a hospital in Istanbul on June 8.
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service detains 11 foreigners
- 12.02.2018Guba Genocide Memorial Complex under reconstruction
- 12.02.2018Plan of events on 26th anniversary of Khojaly genocide approved
- 10.02.2018Four houses destoryed after landslide hits Bayil, no casualities reported
- 10.02.2018190 years pass since signing of Turkmenchay treaty
- 09.02.2018Health Ministry official proposes to allow organ trade in Azerbaijan
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC reveals results of admission examination to Collegium of Advocates
- 08.02.2018Tbilisi court sentences Azerbaijani doctor to 6 years in prison
- 11.06.2017More than 15,000 applicants taking mock exam in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2017Azerbaijani gov’t members, representatives of public attend funeral for Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 09.06.2017Florence Nightingale Hospital: Natig Aliyev died on June 8
- 09.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Proposals on problem with Guba Genocide Memorial Complex to be presented to Azerbaijani president