Farewell ceremony held for Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev in Baku
A farewell ceremony was held for Azerbaijan’s Minister of Energy Natig Aliyev in the Cultural Center named after Shahriyar in Baku June 10.
He hailed the importance role Natig Aliyev had played in the implementation of the Contract of the Century, the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline projects, as well as other oil and gas projects.
SOCAR Vice-President Khoshbakh Yusufzade shared his memories about Natig Aliyev, noting that the late minister had always tried to protect Azerbaijan’s interests.
Chairman of Azerishig OJSC Balababa Rzayev underscored Natig Aliyev’s important role in the implementation of oil strategy in Azerbaijan.
The late minister’s son, Farhad Aliyev, in turn, expressed gratitude to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev for the help rendered during his father’s treatment.
Farhad Aliyev also thanked everyone who took part in the farewell ceremony.
Following the farewell ceremony, the late energy minister was laid to rest at the Alley of Honor in Baku.
A few days ago, Natig Aliyev was placed at the Central Hospital of Oil Workers in Baku due to heart problems. Then, he was brought to Turkey for medical treatment.
The energy minister died in a hospital in Istanbul on June 8.
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 11.06.2017More than 15,000 applicants taking mock exam in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2017Azerbaijani gov’t members, representatives of public attend funeral for Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 09.06.2017Florence Nightingale Hospital: Natig Aliyev died on June 8
- 09.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Proposals on problem with Guba Genocide Memorial Complex to be presented to Azerbaijani president