Sculptor Tokay Mammadov laid to rest in 2nd Alley of Honor - UPDATED
People's artist, sculptor Tokay Mammadov has been buried in the 2nd Alley of Honor.
Minister of Culture Abulfas Garayev, Education Minister Jeyhun Bayramov, head of the Presidential Secretariat Dilara Seyidzadeh, artists, public figures and family members of the deceased took part in the funeral ceremony at the Taza Pir mosque.
Minister Abulfas Garayev called Tokay Mammadov a prominent sculptor and educator:
"Tokay Mammadov's works are very successful examples of Azerbaijani sculpture. Tokay Mammadov received arts education in Baku and Russia, thereby learning the secrets of art from outstanding artists. He made a lot of efforts to form an art school in Azerbaijan for many years. He was always in touch with the ounger generation. Our state always paid attention to Mr Tokay's creativity. May God have mercy on him,” he said.
People’s artists Omar Eldarov, Aghaali Ibrahimov, MP Rafael Huseynov, director of the National Museum of Art Chingiz Farzaliyev talked about their memories about Tokay Mammadov and praised him as an exemplary person and as a great artist.
The artist's son, Jahangir Mammadov, expressed his gratitude to the President of Azerbaijan for his respect for Tokay Mammadov.
The farewell ceremony is taking place at Tezepir Mosque in Baku for people’s artist, renowned sculptor Tokay Mammadov, who died in hospital yesterday at age 91.
The ceremony is being attended by culture and public figures as well the deceased’s family members, APA reported.
After the farewell ceremony comes to an end at 16:00 local time, the artist’s body will be taken to 2nd Alley of Honor to be laid to rest.
He is the author of many grave monuments and statues to historical figures such as Nasimi, Mahammad Fuzuli, Mashadi Azizbayov, Uzeyir Hajibayov, Koroglu, etc.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 04.05.2018Over 3,000 hectares of forest in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh, Goranboy districts under Armenian occupation – ministry
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly renovated road
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Azerbaijani carpet weavers
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament’s health committee proposes prohibiting advertising of drugs
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Education Ministry appeals to teachers to participate in diagnostic assessment
- 03.05.2018ASAN Visa to grant e-visa to citizens of 15 countries