EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
A seminar on the subject “Creation and management of database in public service system” was held Friday in Baku within the framework of the Panel on Public Administration Reform (PAR), which was created under the multilateral Platform 1 on democracy, good governance and stability of the European Union’s Eastern Partnership program.
At the seminar, co-organized by the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the State Examination Center (SEC) of Azerbaijan, the deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors, Bahram Khalilov, spoke about the developing partnership between the EU and Azerbaijan and institutional building mechanisms preferred by the EU, APA reported.
The deputy chairman noted the mutual benefits of the exchange of knowledge carried out during the Eastern Partnership Panel on Public Administration Reform.
“There is database on public service in the country. We would like new mechanisms to be added to this database in the future providing access to all data about public servants,” he added.
Addressing the event, Jeroen Willems, head of Operations Section of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan noted that the EU pays special attention to the sphere of public administration in Azerbaijan like in other Eastern Partnership participating countries.
According to him, the EU always supports the reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan with the aim of strengthening public administration.
“Twinning projects are one of the main sections of the ongoing reforms in Azerbaijan's institutional governance. The improvement of twinning projects in Azerbaijan leads to increased cooperation on other projects within the framework of the Eastern Partnership,” said Willems, stressing that twinning projects are highly important for public administration reforms.
Azerbaijani SEC employees made presentations on the current situation and problems encountered during the creation and management of public service.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president approves Regulation on 'Subsidized housing' system
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani SMS: Rules for employment of foreigners are sometimes violated
- 24.05.2017Number of foreigners coming to Azerbaijan on the rise
- 24.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Beylagan
- 24.05.2017Ali Abbasov receives new appointment
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijan, Romania to conduct examination in field of education
- 24.05.2017First Azerbaijan-Romania Inter-University Forum kicks off in Baku
- 23.05.2017Tariff Council specifies prices of paid services related to civil service
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to see increase in tourist arrivals after Baku 2017
- 23.05.2017Traffic restriction on special lanes lifted in Baku
- 23.05.2017Registration for second participation in Azerbaijan university entrance exams over
- 22.05.2017Ibrahim Guliyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 22.05.2017Traffic ban on Baku 2017 ‘special lanes’ to be lifted on May 23
- 22.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Beylagan on May 24
- 22.05.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Romania Inter-University Forum
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani emergencies ministry denies reports of staff reductions
- 20.05.2017French-Azerbaijani University announces admission of students
- 20.05.2017Illegal passenger transportation by buses prevented in Baku-Sumgayit highway
- 19.05.2017WHO: Azerbaijan had lowest suicide rate in Europe in 2015
- 19.05.2017Students in some Azerbaijani universities changed electronic exam grades
- 19.05.2017Health Ministry: 108 people diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 1Q 2017
- 18.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov meets ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry to terminate employment contracts with teachers recruited without competition
- 17.05.2017Int’l seminar on human trafficking awareness kicks off in Vienna
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan launches campaign to aid Syrian children
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan’s population exceeds 9.8 million
- 17.05.2017More than 1.2 million adolescents die every year
- 17.05.2017Citizens of 12 more countries to use Azerbaijan’s ASAN Visa system
- 16.05.2017American Jewish community plans to invest in construction of Jewish school in Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani president confers honorary titles on persons who died of wounds sustained during 20 January events
- 16.05.2017NTRC: Broadcasting of foreign TV channels in Azerbaijan to be brought in line with standards
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves list of licensed services and work in field of private medicine
- 15.05.2017Presentation of ‘Asiada-2017’ held in Baku
- 15.05.2017Lawyer asks court to acquit Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijan’s ASAN Visa offers service for registration of group visas
- 12.05.2017Rich history of Azerbaijani equestrianism returns to Windsor
- 12.05.2017Azerbaijan to change conditions for labor contract terms
- 11.05.2017Nardaran resident Natig Karimov gets 7-year conditional sentence
- 11.05.2017About 900 drivers fined over moving on Islamic Solidarity Games ‘special lanes’
- 11.05.2017In some cases Azerbaijani citizens to be able to travel abroad using national ID only
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May