EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
A seminar on the subject “Creation and management of database in public service system” was held Friday in Baku within the framework of the Panel on Public Administration Reform (PAR), which was created under the multilateral Platform 1 on democracy, good governance and stability of the European Union’s Eastern Partnership program.
At the seminar, co-organized by the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the State Examination Center (SEC) of Azerbaijan, the deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors, Bahram Khalilov, spoke about the developing partnership between the EU and Azerbaijan and institutional building mechanisms preferred by the EU, APA reported.
The deputy chairman noted the mutual benefits of the exchange of knowledge carried out during the Eastern Partnership Panel on Public Administration Reform.
“There is database on public service in the country. We would like new mechanisms to be added to this database in the future providing access to all data about public servants,” he added.
Addressing the event, Jeroen Willems, head of Operations Section of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan noted that the EU pays special attention to the sphere of public administration in Azerbaijan like in other Eastern Partnership participating countries.
According to him, the EU always supports the reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan with the aim of strengthening public administration.
“Twinning projects are one of the main sections of the ongoing reforms in Azerbaijan's institutional governance. The improvement of twinning projects in Azerbaijan leads to increased cooperation on other projects within the framework of the Eastern Partnership,” said Willems, stressing that twinning projects are highly important for public administration reforms.
Azerbaijani SEC employees made presentations on the current situation and problems encountered during the creation and management of public service.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017About 2.6 million children live in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.20173 million robotic surgeries carried out throughout world in 2016
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Seismic Survey Center releases info on consequences of 6-magnnitude quake in Aghdam
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan appeals to int’l organizations to return body of its soldier
- 23.11.2017Upper level of need criteria set at AZN 116
- 23.11.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 22.11.2017Number of Armenians living in Azerbaijan revealed
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani Parl’t deputy speaker stresses need for reforms in law enforcement, security and judicial bodies
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for more spending on healthcare
- 22.11.2017MP proposes creating business incubators in Azerbaijan’s educational institutions
- 22.11.2017Baku hosts int’l conference on promoting tolerance among youth
- 22.11.2017Leyla Aliyeva meets with UNICEF regional director
- 22.11.201720 judges, including 7 chairmen of courts dismissed in Azerbaijan this year
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani state should provide serious support for treatment of autistic children – MP
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May