EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
A seminar on the subject “Creation and management of database in public service system” was held Friday in Baku within the framework of the Panel on Public Administration Reform (PAR), which was created under the multilateral Platform 1 on democracy, good governance and stability of the European Union’s Eastern Partnership program.
At the seminar, co-organized by the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the State Examination Center (SEC) of Azerbaijan, the deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors, Bahram Khalilov, spoke about the developing partnership between the EU and Azerbaijan and institutional building mechanisms preferred by the EU, APA reported.
The deputy chairman noted the mutual benefits of the exchange of knowledge carried out during the Eastern Partnership Panel on Public Administration Reform.
“There is database on public service in the country. We would like new mechanisms to be added to this database in the future providing access to all data about public servants,” he added.
Addressing the event, Jeroen Willems, head of Operations Section of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan noted that the EU pays special attention to the sphere of public administration in Azerbaijan like in other Eastern Partnership participating countries.
According to him, the EU always supports the reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan with the aim of strengthening public administration.
“Twinning projects are one of the main sections of the ongoing reforms in Azerbaijan's institutional governance. The improvement of twinning projects in Azerbaijan leads to increased cooperation on other projects within the framework of the Eastern Partnership,” said Willems, stressing that twinning projects are highly important for public administration reforms.
Azerbaijani SEC employees made presentations on the current situation and problems encountered during the creation and management of public service.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament passes bill restricting tobacco use
- 14.04.2017Baku Education Department: No violations recorded during teacher recruitment
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijan to broadcast anti-smoking TV and radio programs
- 13.04.201790 first aid brigades to be available during Baku Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.04.2017Bears and gazelles illegally kept at some recreational centers in Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan: Minors to be required to present ID while buying cigarettes
- 13.04.2017APFP member arrested over FETO links standing trial
- 12.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues
- 12.04.2017Witnesses testify in trial of former Azerbaijani health minister
- 12.04.2017Belarus studies Azerbaijan's experience in providing security during European Games
- 12.04.2017Demolition of Haji Javad Mosque in Baku’s Sovetsky temporarily halted
- 12.04.2017‘European Days’ to be held in Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 12.04.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed again
- 12.04.2017Court rejects Mehman Huseynov’s appeal
- 12.04.2017Submission of applications for higher schools ends
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC announces results of first stage of master exams
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan, Russia discuss prospects for mutually beneficial security co-op
- 10.04.2017Azerbaijani president awards construction workers
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May