EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
A seminar on the subject “Creation and management of database in public service system” was held Friday in Baku within the framework of the Panel on Public Administration Reform (PAR), which was created under the multilateral Platform 1 on democracy, good governance and stability of the European Union’s Eastern Partnership program.
At the seminar, co-organized by the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the State Examination Center (SEC) of Azerbaijan, the deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors, Bahram Khalilov, spoke about the developing partnership between the EU and Azerbaijan and institutional building mechanisms preferred by the EU, APA reported.
The deputy chairman noted the mutual benefits of the exchange of knowledge carried out during the Eastern Partnership Panel on Public Administration Reform.
“There is database on public service in the country. We would like new mechanisms to be added to this database in the future providing access to all data about public servants,” he added.
Addressing the event, Jeroen Willems, head of Operations Section of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan noted that the EU pays special attention to the sphere of public administration in Azerbaijan like in other Eastern Partnership participating countries.
According to him, the EU always supports the reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan with the aim of strengthening public administration.
“Twinning projects are one of the main sections of the ongoing reforms in Azerbaijan's institutional governance. The improvement of twinning projects in Azerbaijan leads to increased cooperation on other projects within the framework of the Eastern Partnership,” said Willems, stressing that twinning projects are highly important for public administration reforms.
Azerbaijani SEC employees made presentations on the current situation and problems encountered during the creation and management of public service.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2017Former Azerbaijani health minister gets his appeal denied by court
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on telecommunications
- 22.06.2017Preliminary hearing held for Alexander Lapshin - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Two Universities in Azerbaijan to get public legal entity status
- 21.06.2017Sayyaf Ismayilov awarded “Honored Civil Servant” title
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on granting young talents a special stipend
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry comments on lawyers’ statement about Akif Chovdarov’s health
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry: Doctors are closely following Lapshin’s health condition
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of Narimanov District Court
- 20.06.2017US Embassy celebrates opening of Ganja American Corner
- 20.06.2017Court rejects Afgan Mukhtarli’s petition
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 19.06.2017Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja
- 17.06.2017Traffic police address drivers in connection with Formula 1
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan University of Languages to get public legal entity status
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on healthcare workers
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan allocates two hospitals for F1 Grand Prix
- 16.06.2017Number of official unemployed population announced
- 16.06.20174-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Number of Azerbaijan population increases 0.3%
- 16.06.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Jalilabad
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan restricts entry of 264 foreigners in May
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan: Military service problems of male students with 1-2 unpaid academic debts to be solved
- 15.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended memorial event for outstanding scientist, academician Rafiga Aliyeva
- 14.06.2017European Union celebrates the launch of its media projects and congratulates winners of its competitions
- 14.06.2017Jojug Marjanli resident awarded “Labor” Order
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s deputy PM: Mandatory medical insurance fees should be acceptable to citizens
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2017Lapshin to stand trial on June 22 - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan: Deaths among children aged under 1 mainly observed in Baku
- 13.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov pays for part of damage caused to state
- 13.06.2017ANAS president: Farmlands make up 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 12.06.2017UNEC hosts conference dedicated to Nobel Prize winner Aziz Sancar
- 12.06.2017Aziz Sancar: When I was awarded Nobel Prize, entire Turkic world was pleased
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May