EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
A seminar on the subject “Creation and management of database in public service system” was held Friday in Baku within the framework of the Panel on Public Administration Reform (PAR), which was created under the multilateral Platform 1 on democracy, good governance and stability of the European Union’s Eastern Partnership program.
At the seminar, co-organized by the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the State Examination Center (SEC) of Azerbaijan, the deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors, Bahram Khalilov, spoke about the developing partnership between the EU and Azerbaijan and institutional building mechanisms preferred by the EU, APA reported.
The deputy chairman noted the mutual benefits of the exchange of knowledge carried out during the Eastern Partnership Panel on Public Administration Reform.
“There is database on public service in the country. We would like new mechanisms to be added to this database in the future providing access to all data about public servants,” he added.
Addressing the event, Jeroen Willems, head of Operations Section of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan noted that the EU pays special attention to the sphere of public administration in Azerbaijan like in other Eastern Partnership participating countries.
According to him, the EU always supports the reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan with the aim of strengthening public administration.
“Twinning projects are one of the main sections of the ongoing reforms in Azerbaijan's institutional governance. The improvement of twinning projects in Azerbaijan leads to increased cooperation on other projects within the framework of the Eastern Partnership,” said Willems, stressing that twinning projects are highly important for public administration reforms.
Azerbaijani SEC employees made presentations on the current situation and problems encountered during the creation and management of public service.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan to apply new model of final and entrance exams
- 21.09.2017Number of IDP children studying in Azerbaijan’s military schools increases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Lapshin attempts suicide under pretext of delayed extradition: Penitentiary Service
- 11.09.2017Mehman Aliyev released from prison
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani president tells law enforcement agencies to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views schools in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor
- 09.09.2017Iosif Kobzon awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May