Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
The entrance to part of the Baku Seaside National Park will be closed from June 20 to 26 due to 2017 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, the deputy head of Department of the Seaside National Park’s Office, Nazim Majidov, told APA.
According to him, a section called “Old Boulevard” with an area of 3 km of the Seaside National Park will be closed.
He said that as it was in previous year, this year the part of the National Seaside Park along Neftchilar avenue will be closed for residents, those having no tickets and guests.
Majidov added that the site from Azneft Square to the Maritime Station will also be closed.
“Only people with special allowance and those having tickets could enter this area. They could enjoy their time and watch the races,” he said.
Majidov stressed that other parts of the boulevard - "White City Boulevard”, “Bayil Boulevard” and a section of the park called "New Boulevard" will be open to residents and guests of the city 24 hours a day. According to him, in these parts of the boulevard there are certain entertainment places and recreational facilities, but, in comparison with the old part of the boulevard, there are few of them.
"There were these bans last year as well. Probably, the city residents have certain information because such a ban has not been applied for the first time. This is done according to the rules of the Formula One race. Employees of the boulevard were given special passes. The territory of the park should be cleaned several times a day. In addition, there are communal workers, gardeners, who take care of trees and flowers. Therefore, employees of the boulevard were given special passes by the organizers of the Formula One race, which will allow them to deal with their business during this period,” he said.
The director of the Baku City Circuit Marketing and Communication Department, Nigar Arpadarai, told APA that since the territory of the boulevard is a F1 entertaining zone, the entrance there will be closed from June 20 to 26.
According to her, the entrance to the boulevard will be allowed only to those who have a ticket for Formula One.
She noted that from June 22 for those who have a ticket will have the permission to enter the boulevard.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 11.05.2018ITV Director General Jamil Guliyev removed from duty
- 11.05.2018"Sevdiyim" project presented in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups on May 13
- 10.05.2018Unknown predators found in Azerbaijan’s Ismayilli
- 09.05.2018MENR reveals causes of strong odor in Baku’s atmosphere
- 09.05.2018Weather forecast for May 10
- 09.05.2018Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on May 10
- 08.05.2018Police salaries increased 16-fold in last 15 years – interior minister
- 07.05.2018Kamran Imanov appointed chairman of Board of Intellectual Property Agency
- 07.05.2018Torture in prisons discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting in Baku
- 07.05.2018Top official: Freedom of speech and press ensured in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani official: Counterfeit drugs trade – one of most serious crimes
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja