Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
The development, stability and security in Azerbaijan, which is an initiator of key transnational projects in a fragile region despite part of its territory being under occupation, are an example to the world, said Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of the department on social political issues of the Presidential Administration.
He made the remarks addressing a conference on the theme “The role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism,” held in Baku March 3, APA reported.
“This stands to two reasons. The first reason is Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s pragmatic policy based on national interests,” said the PA official. “And the second reason is that the people of Azerbaijan support this policy.”
He said some circles have long tried to manipulate Azerbaijani youth in order to achieve their ambitions, noting that sometimes they have succeeded in doing so.
“In the 1990s, youth gathered in various political groups were competing to come to power. It was not until national leader Heydar Aliyev returned to power that a well-thought-out youth policy was established and its conceptual bases were created. Youth must demonstrate solidarity with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev,” he added.
Aliyev noted that the Azerbaijani state attaches huge importance to youth.
“Comprehensive conditions are available for Azerbaijani youth to flourish. The development of Azerbaijani society is being largely contributed to by youth,” he said.
Aliyev said the state provide huge care to journalism, noting that media must make its contributions to developing a sense of patriotism in society and younger generation.
“Because journalism is a highly responsible area, young journalists must increase their theoretical knowledge,” he added.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018NGOs adopt statement on 100th anniversary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to impose new penalties for breaking rules on rallies, street marches
- 25.04.2018BHOS concludes 3rd SOCAR International Forum with conference
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan considers restriction of freedom for several offences
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new fines for violating entry and exit rules
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law on employment
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on vocational education
- 23.04.2018Jeyhun Bayramov relieved of his duties as Deputy Minister of Education
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on allocation of lump-sum financial aid to WW II veterans
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks
- 19.04.2018Health Ministry: Anemia, kidney and heart diseases widespread among pregnant women in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201837,618 abortion cases recorded in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals number of maternal deaths registered in 1Q 2018
- 19.04.2018Early marriages reported not only among Azerbaijanis living in Georgia: UNFPA study
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan to begin gasification of IDP settlements in Bilasuvar next week
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1