Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
The development, stability and security in Azerbaijan, which is an initiator of key transnational projects in a fragile region despite part of its territory being under occupation, are an example to the world, said Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of the department on social political issues of the Presidential Administration.
He made the remarks addressing a conference on the theme “The role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism,” held in Baku March 3, APA reported.
“This stands to two reasons. The first reason is Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s pragmatic policy based on national interests,” said the PA official. “And the second reason is that the people of Azerbaijan support this policy.”
He said some circles have long tried to manipulate Azerbaijani youth in order to achieve their ambitions, noting that sometimes they have succeeded in doing so.
“In the 1990s, youth gathered in various political groups were competing to come to power. It was not until national leader Heydar Aliyev returned to power that a well-thought-out youth policy was established and its conceptual bases were created. Youth must demonstrate solidarity with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev,” he added.
Aliyev noted that the Azerbaijani state attaches huge importance to youth.
“Comprehensive conditions are available for Azerbaijani youth to flourish. The development of Azerbaijani society is being largely contributed to by youth,” he said.
Aliyev said the state provide huge care to journalism, noting that media must make its contributions to developing a sense of patriotism in society and younger generation.
“Because journalism is a highly responsible area, young journalists must increase their theoretical knowledge,” he added.
Related news releases
- 14.12.2017Winners of “Emergency Situations Through The Eyes of Children” competition awarded
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan prohibits changing of specialty in master’s degree
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 29.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for renovation works in Aghjabadi
- 29.11.2017Most appeals to State Committee have to do with non-payment of alimonies
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan to begin gasification of IDP settlements in Bilasuvar next week
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1