Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
The development, stability and security in Azerbaijan, which is an initiator of key transnational projects in a fragile region despite part of its territory being under occupation, are an example to the world, said Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of the department on social political issues of the Presidential Administration.
He made the remarks addressing a conference on the theme “The role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism,” held in Baku March 3, APA reported.
“This stands to two reasons. The first reason is Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s pragmatic policy based on national interests,” said the PA official. “And the second reason is that the people of Azerbaijan support this policy.”
He said some circles have long tried to manipulate Azerbaijani youth in order to achieve their ambitions, noting that sometimes they have succeeded in doing so.
“In the 1990s, youth gathered in various political groups were competing to come to power. It was not until national leader Heydar Aliyev returned to power that a well-thought-out youth policy was established and its conceptual bases were created. Youth must demonstrate solidarity with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev,” he added.
Aliyev noted that the Azerbaijani state attaches huge importance to youth.
“Comprehensive conditions are available for Azerbaijani youth to flourish. The development of Azerbaijani society is being largely contributed to by youth,” he said.
Aliyev said the state provide huge care to journalism, noting that media must make its contributions to developing a sense of patriotism in society and younger generation.
“Because journalism is a highly responsible area, young journalists must increase their theoretical knowledge,” he added.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 06.10.2017Some Ashura blood donators found to be infected with HIV, Hepatitis, Syphilis: Health Ministry
- 06.10.2017Nobel Peace Prize 2017 awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Press Council recommends fines for violation of literary language norms
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijan’s NTRC reveals main problems with using literary language on television and radio
- 06.10.201711th International Education Exhibition opens in Baku
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President attended ceremony to give out new apartments to IDP families in Masazir
- 05.10.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva visits new building for IDP families
- 05.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for school construction in Lahij
- 04.10.2017Minister Kamaleddin Heydarov meets with CEO of Italian Leonardo company
- 04.10.2017Men also among victims of domestic violence in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 04.10.2017Euronews presents report about Azerbaijan's Lahij city - VIDEO
- 03.10.2017Int’l experience shows risk of sexually transmitted diseases is higher, sociologist says
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister appeals to Supreme Court chairman
- 03.10.2017Kamal Abdullayev granted Azerbaijani president’s personal stipend
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan to begin gasification of IDP settlements in Bilasuvar next week
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1