Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
The development, stability and security in Azerbaijan, which is an initiator of key transnational projects in a fragile region despite part of its territory being under occupation, are an example to the world, said Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of the department on social political issues of the Presidential Administration.
He made the remarks addressing a conference on the theme “The role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism,” held in Baku March 3, APA reported.
“This stands to two reasons. The first reason is Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s pragmatic policy based on national interests,” said the PA official. “And the second reason is that the people of Azerbaijan support this policy.”
He said some circles have long tried to manipulate Azerbaijani youth in order to achieve their ambitions, noting that sometimes they have succeeded in doing so.
“In the 1990s, youth gathered in various political groups were competing to come to power. It was not until national leader Heydar Aliyev returned to power that a well-thought-out youth policy was established and its conceptual bases were created. Youth must demonstrate solidarity with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev,” he added.
Aliyev noted that the Azerbaijani state attaches huge importance to youth.
“Comprehensive conditions are available for Azerbaijani youth to flourish. The development of Azerbaijani society is being largely contributed to by youth,” he said.
Aliyev said the state provide huge care to journalism, noting that media must make its contributions to developing a sense of patriotism in society and younger generation.
“Because journalism is a highly responsible area, young journalists must increase their theoretical knowledge,” he added.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Presidential scholarship for students increased
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on development of education infrastructure
- 24.02.2018Baku awaits cloudy weather on Sunday
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan to begin gasification of IDP settlements in Bilasuvar next week
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1