Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
The development, stability and security in Azerbaijan, which is an initiator of key transnational projects in a fragile region despite part of its territory being under occupation, are an example to the world, said Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of the department on social political issues of the Presidential Administration.
He made the remarks addressing a conference on the theme “The role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism,” held in Baku March 3, APA reported.
“This stands to two reasons. The first reason is Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s pragmatic policy based on national interests,” said the PA official. “And the second reason is that the people of Azerbaijan support this policy.”
He said some circles have long tried to manipulate Azerbaijani youth in order to achieve their ambitions, noting that sometimes they have succeeded in doing so.
“In the 1990s, youth gathered in various political groups were competing to come to power. It was not until national leader Heydar Aliyev returned to power that a well-thought-out youth policy was established and its conceptual bases were created. Youth must demonstrate solidarity with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev,” he added.
Aliyev noted that the Azerbaijani state attaches huge importance to youth.
“Comprehensive conditions are available for Azerbaijani youth to flourish. The development of Azerbaijani society is being largely contributed to by youth,” he said.
Aliyev said the state provide huge care to journalism, noting that media must make its contributions to developing a sense of patriotism in society and younger generation.
“Because journalism is a highly responsible area, young journalists must increase their theoretical knowledge,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Public legal entity status will open up new opportunities for development of higher education
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to have five non-working days on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Final exams for IX-XI graders starts in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Former Azerbaijani health minister gets his appeal denied by court
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on telecommunications
- 22.06.2017Preliminary hearing held for Alexander Lapshin - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Two Universities in Azerbaijan to get public legal entity status
- 21.06.2017Sayyaf Ismayilov awarded “Honored Civil Servant” title
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on granting young talents a special stipend
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry comments on lawyers’ statement about Akif Chovdarov’s health
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry: Doctors are closely following Lapshin’s health condition
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of Narimanov District Court
- 20.06.2017US Embassy celebrates opening of Ganja American Corner
- 20.06.2017Court rejects Afgan Mukhtarli’s petition
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 19.06.2017Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja
- 17.06.2017Traffic police address drivers in connection with Formula 1
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan University of Languages to get public legal entity status
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on healthcare workers
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan allocates two hospitals for F1 Grand Prix
- 16.06.2017Number of official unemployed population announced
- 16.06.20174-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Number of Azerbaijan population increases 0.3%
- 16.06.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Jalilabad
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan restricts entry of 264 foreigners in May
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan: Military service problems of male students with 1-2 unpaid academic debts to be solved
- 15.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended memorial event for outstanding scientist, academician Rafiga Aliyeva
- 14.06.2017European Union celebrates the launch of its media projects and congratulates winners of its competitions
- 14.06.2017Jojug Marjanli resident awarded “Labor” Order
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s deputy PM: Mandatory medical insurance fees should be acceptable to citizens
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2017Lapshin to stand trial on June 22 - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan: Deaths among children aged under 1 mainly observed in Baku
- 13.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov pays for part of damage caused to state
- 13.06.2017ANAS president: Farmlands make up 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan to begin gasification of IDP settlements in Bilasuvar next week
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan simplifying visa procedures in connection with F1