Azerbaijan demonstrated to world model of bridge between state and youth: deputy minister
Azerbaijan has demonstrated to the world a model of bridge between state and youth, said Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports Intigam Babayev.
A new younger generation has formed in Azerbaijan over the past 20 years, the deputy minister said Thursday addressing an event, co-organized by the Youth Foundation under the President of Azerbaijan and the parliamentary Youth and Sports Committee on the occasion of the 2nd of February, celebrated as the Youth Day in the country.
According to him, the celebration of February 2 – Youth Day shows that youth policy is always a priority for the Azerbaijani state.
“I believe youth organizations will contribute to the delivery of the truth about Azerbaijan to the international community,” he added.
Speaking at the event, Tahir Suleymanov, deputy head of the Presidential Administration’s department for social-political affairs, informed the participants about the first forum of Azerbaijani youth that took place 20 years ago with the participation of about 2,200 people.
He noted that President Ilham Aliyev successfully continues the youth policy founded by national leader Heydar Aliyev.
“Today, Azerbaijani youth are provided with special state care. In Azerbaijan, more than 20 years ago a successful youth model was established, a perfect legislation was developed in this direction,” Suleymanov said, adding. “There is necessary infrastructure for young people in Azerbaijan’s districts. The Azerbaijani state always provides strong support to youth organizations.”
Addressing the event, Farhad Hajiyev, executive director of the Youth Foundation, noted that over the past years 3,341 projects have been financed, which had successful outcomes.
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 21.04.2017EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament passes bill restricting tobacco use
- 14.04.2017Baku Education Department: No violations recorded during teacher recruitment
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijan to broadcast anti-smoking TV and radio programs
- 13.04.201790 first aid brigades to be available during Baku Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.04.2017Bears and gazelles illegally kept at some recreational centers in Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan: Minors to be required to present ID while buying cigarettes
- 13.04.2017APFP member arrested over FETO links standing trial
- 12.04.2017Akif Chovdarov's trial continues
- 12.04.2017Witnesses testify in trial of former Azerbaijani health minister
- 12.04.2017Belarus studies Azerbaijan's experience in providing security during European Games
- 12.04.2017Demolition of Haji Javad Mosque in Baku’s Sovetsky temporarily halted
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people
- 03.02.2017Judge of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court awarded title of ‘Honored lawyer’
- 03.02.2017New children’s magazine presented in Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan initiates 12 criminal cases over municipal offences
- 02.02.2017February 2 – Youth Day celebrated at Azerbaijani MES
- 01.02.2017Baku Media Center to provide host broadcasting services for Baku 2017 Islamic Solidarity Games