CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
A conference, entitled “Conformity of Azerbaijan’s legislation and practice on NGOs to European standards”, kicked off in Baku April 18.
After the hearing of recommendations by Council of Europe experts, a report prepared by a team of EU experts as part of the joint EU-CoE project “Civil society dialogue in Azerbaijan” was presented at the conference, APA reported.
Addressing the event, the vice-speaker of the Azerbaijani Parliament, Bahar Muradova, noted that whatever necessary has been done in Azerbaijan for NGOs to become a part of social life since the country gained its independence.
“Our country has joined relevant conventions and adopted some laws. The state program “Azerbaijan 2020: A look into the future” includes provisions on NGO development,” said Muradova noting that international cooperation is of great importance in this regard.
The vice-speaker stressed that the Azerbaijani government has always favored overt and transparent discussion of problems.
“Institutional support for law enforcement is well ensured. We’ve been able to create fertile conditions for the development of NGOs,” she added.
Elman Pashayev, an official of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, said that some work has been done and several meetings have been held with the participation of experts and NGO representatives within the framework of the project.
According to him, recommendations on conformity of the activities of NGOs to international standards will play a positive role in achieving civil dialogue.
“Strengthening the activities of NGOs is not only limited to improving legislative issues. There is a need to increase the professionalism, transparency and accountability of NGO members,” he added.
The chairman of the Council of State Support to NGOs, Azay Guliyev, said that Azerbaijan always stands ready to cooperate with international organizations in the field of legislation on NGOs.
Dragana Filipovic, head of the Council of Europe Office in Baku said that the aim of the project is to improve the activities of NGOs and create a favorable environment for them.
Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation in Azerbaijan said that the organization she represents always supports the development of civil societies and the project will operate for another year.
- 23.03.2018Annual report on combating human trafficking to be tabled in parliament
- 22.03.2018Weather forecast for March 23
- 20.03.2018Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2018First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with wives of heads of diplomatic missions - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presented tickets to world championships on judo and cycling
- 19.03.2018Baku hosts seminar on media’s role and duties in presidential elections
- 19.03.2018Weather forecast for March 20-24
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan declares vacations in schools from March 20 due to Novruz holiday
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ali bey Huseynzade’s daughter “Dostlug” Order
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced