Citizens living near landslide area housed in temporary shelters - UPDATED
Citizens residing within range of the landslide area near the Baku TV tower have been housed in temporary shelters, the Sabail district executive authority told APA.
Residents who have nowhere to stay overnight have been housed in temporary accommodation facilities within organizations and institutions of the district. They are provided with food and water. At the moment, the territory is under police control. Representatives of relevant government agencies visited the territory and examined the landslide area. Considering the seriousness of the situation, a headquarters has been created at the Sabail district Executive Power to ensure safety of the citizens.
After the meeting of the headquarters, representatives of the Sabail District Executive Power and the Police Department met with residents in the area.
The landslide zone is located 200-250 meters southeast of the TV tower. The cause of the landslide was atmospheric precipitation and vertical cutting of the slope during the construction work. The width of the cracks in the landslide zone reaches 1 meter, the depth is 7 meters
Citizens residing within range of the landslide area near the Baku TV tower are being relocated, the Sabail district executive authority told APA.
Those with nowhere else to spend the night have been housed in temporarily in buildings belonging to different organizations and enterprises. The area is being policed.
Concerned officials have visited the area. In consideration of the seriousness of the situation, a headquarters has been created at the Sabail district executive authority to ensure safety of the citizens. The area is being controlled on a constant basis. The Cabinet of Ministers is dealing with the crisis.
The landslide area is located just 200 to 250 meters southeast of the TV tower. Experts say the current activity in the area has been caused by rainfall and a vertical cutting of the slope during construction. Cracks 1 meter width and 7 meters in depth have emerged.
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.05.2018Lightning, heavy rain expected in some places tomorrow
- 25.01.2018Latvia announces new scholarship program for Azerbaijani citizens
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC soon to submit new exam model to Cabinet of Ministers
- 25.01.2018All residential and non-residential buildings in Azerbaijan to be redesigned for disabled people
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijan to prepare individual rehabilitation program for the disabled
- 24.01.2018Baku city prosecutor: Crime rates have increased in capital
- 24.01.2018Cabinet of Ministers control landslide area around Baku TV Tower