Caspian 2017 int’l complex exercise underway in Baku
An international complex exercise “Caspian 2017” of the rescue services of Caspian littoral states is underway in Shipyard Plant in Garadagh district, Baku.
The two-day exercise involves the manpower and vehicles of the MES, the relevant bodies of Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Turkmenistan.
Besides, the personnel and special equipment and devices of Azerbaijan’s power structures and other bodies, including the Special State Protection Service, State Security Service, State Border Service, the Ministries of Defense, Internal Affairs and Health, State Maritime Administration, ANAMA, SOCAR and BP are involved in the exercise as well.
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, Head of the State Border Service, Colonel General Elchin Guliyev, Head of the Azerbaijani State Security Service, Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev, Iran's Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Head of Iranian Disaster Management Organization Ismail Najjar, Deputy Minister of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters Vladlen Aksyonov, Chairman of the Committee for Emergency Situations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan Marat Kuldikov, Chief of Rescue Department of the Ministry of Defense of Turkmenistan Panah Ilyasov, diplomatic representatives of foreign states in Azerbaijan, officers of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces and officials of relevant agencies watched the exercise titled “Joint activity of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations and rescue services of Caspian littoral states during emergency situations”.
First, equipment and devices of the bodies involved in the exercise were reviewed.
Then a consultation was held at the headquarters.
Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov said that for the first time Baku is hosting the "Caspian 2017" international exercise with the participation of Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
"This exercise with the participation of the Caspian littoral countries' rescue services is an important event. Today, a new format of cooperation is emerging between the five countries. Our peoples, who have been neighbors for centuries, are united by common geography and history,” he said.
The minister said that Azerbaijan is closely cooperating with Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan. “In recent years, these ties have reached the level of strategic partnership,” he noted.
“Natural and man-made risks have been growing in the region we live in. We know that earthquakes, floods, volcanic eruptions and similar natural disasters do not result directly from human activities. Climate change has already resulted in serious consequences in different countries, and it is only becoming more and more dangerous as times goes by. The Caspian Sea, by which we are united, is our common property. We regard the Caspian Sea as the sea of peace, friendship and cooperation. Azerbaijan is focused on developing bilateral relations with the Caspian littoral states on the basis of mutual respect and trust. Close friendly relations and multi-vectored cooperation between these countries ensure stability, prosperity and security in our region. Therefore, protection of the Caspian Sea ecosystem is a common cause for all Caspian littoral states,” he added.
Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations, Lieutenant-General Etibar Mirzayev, who is managing the exercise, said that 1,100 personnel, 208 vehicles of varying purposes, 2 planes, 5 helicopters, 10 speed boats, 8 ships and 6 specially trained dogs are involved in the exercise.
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 10.11.2017Newly-built dormitory of Azerbaijan State Agrarian University inaugurated
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Ganja after major overhaul
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Ganja Mall
- 10.11.2017ICRC visits about 1,300 women and children of 20 nationalities in Iraq
- 08.11.2017Manufacture of 6 new UAVs launched in ANAS High Tech Park
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan to use new mechanism for increase of pensions
- 03.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: No human causalities recorded during disasters since MES creation
- 03.11.2017Baku City Main Police Department warns Musavat Party
- 03.11.2017Baku-hosted Caspian 2017 int’l exercise wraps up
- 03.11.2017“Dərs Evi” Educational Centre launches international test preparation courses
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan State Economic University’s self-government status abolished
- 02.11.2017Employees of Sumgayit State University awarded Taraggi Medal