Caspian 2017 int’l complex exercise underway in Baku
An international complex exercise “Caspian 2017” of the rescue services of Caspian littoral states is underway in Shipyard Plant in Garadagh district, Baku.
The two-day exercise involves the manpower and vehicles of the MES, the relevant bodies of Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Turkmenistan.
Besides, the personnel and special equipment and devices of Azerbaijan’s power structures and other bodies, including the Special State Protection Service, State Security Service, State Border Service, the Ministries of Defense, Internal Affairs and Health, State Maritime Administration, ANAMA, SOCAR and BP are involved in the exercise as well.
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, Head of the State Border Service, Colonel General Elchin Guliyev, Head of the Azerbaijani State Security Service, Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev, Iran's Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Head of Iranian Disaster Management Organization Ismail Najjar, Deputy Minister of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters Vladlen Aksyonov, Chairman of the Committee for Emergency Situations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan Marat Kuldikov, Chief of Rescue Department of the Ministry of Defense of Turkmenistan Panah Ilyasov, diplomatic representatives of foreign states in Azerbaijan, officers of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces and officials of relevant agencies watched the exercise titled “Joint activity of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations and rescue services of Caspian littoral states during emergency situations”.
First, equipment and devices of the bodies involved in the exercise were reviewed.
Then a consultation was held at the headquarters.
Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov said that for the first time Baku is hosting the "Caspian 2017" international exercise with the participation of Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
"This exercise with the participation of the Caspian littoral countries' rescue services is an important event. Today, a new format of cooperation is emerging between the five countries. Our peoples, who have been neighbors for centuries, are united by common geography and history,” he said.
The minister said that Azerbaijan is closely cooperating with Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan. “In recent years, these ties have reached the level of strategic partnership,” he noted.
“Natural and man-made risks have been growing in the region we live in. We know that earthquakes, floods, volcanic eruptions and similar natural disasters do not result directly from human activities. Climate change has already resulted in serious consequences in different countries, and it is only becoming more and more dangerous as times goes by. The Caspian Sea, by which we are united, is our common property. We regard the Caspian Sea as the sea of peace, friendship and cooperation. Azerbaijan is focused on developing bilateral relations with the Caspian littoral states on the basis of mutual respect and trust. Close friendly relations and multi-vectored cooperation between these countries ensure stability, prosperity and security in our region. Therefore, protection of the Caspian Sea ecosystem is a common cause for all Caspian littoral states,” he added.
Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations, Lieutenant-General Etibar Mirzayev, who is managing the exercise, said that 1,100 personnel, 208 vehicles of varying purposes, 2 planes, 5 helicopters, 10 speed boats, 8 ships and 6 specially trained dogs are involved in the exercise.
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate second Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of employees of a number of state-funded organizations
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on additional measures to improve water supply for several villages in Sabirabad district
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in melioration, water economy, fishery fields
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in areas of housing and communal services, transport, communications.
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in agriculture, ecology, environment protection areas
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people working in culture, youth, sports organizations
- 03.03.2018Weather condition for tomorrow announced
- 03.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: No human causalities recorded during disasters since MES creation
- 03.11.2017Baku City Main Police Department warns Musavat Party
- 03.11.2017Baku-hosted Caspian 2017 int’l exercise wraps up
- 03.11.2017“Dərs Evi” Educational Centre launches international test preparation courses
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan State Economic University’s self-government status abolished
- 02.11.2017Employees of Sumgayit State University awarded Taraggi Medal