Caspian 2017 int’l complex exercise underway in Baku
An international complex exercise “Caspian 2017” of the rescue services of Caspian littoral states is underway in Shipyard Plant in Garadagh district, Baku.
The two-day exercise involves the manpower and vehicles of the MES, the relevant bodies of Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Turkmenistan.
Besides, the personnel and special equipment and devices of Azerbaijan’s power structures and other bodies, including the Special State Protection Service, State Security Service, State Border Service, the Ministries of Defense, Internal Affairs and Health, State Maritime Administration, ANAMA, SOCAR and BP are involved in the exercise as well.
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel-General Kamaladdin Heydarov, Head of the State Border Service, Colonel General Elchin Guliyev, Head of the Azerbaijani State Security Service, Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev, Iran's Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Head of Iranian Disaster Management Organization Ismail Najjar, Deputy Minister of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters Vladlen Aksyonov, Chairman of the Committee for Emergency Situations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan Marat Kuldikov, Chief of Rescue Department of the Ministry of Defense of Turkmenistan Panah Ilyasov, diplomatic representatives of foreign states in Azerbaijan, officers of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces and officials of relevant agencies watched the exercise titled “Joint activity of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations and rescue services of Caspian littoral states during emergency situations”.
First, equipment and devices of the bodies involved in the exercise were reviewed.
Then a consultation was held at the headquarters.
Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov said that for the first time Baku is hosting the "Caspian 2017" international exercise with the participation of Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
"This exercise with the participation of the Caspian littoral countries' rescue services is an important event. Today, a new format of cooperation is emerging between the five countries. Our peoples, who have been neighbors for centuries, are united by common geography and history,” he said.
The minister said that Azerbaijan is closely cooperating with Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan. “In recent years, these ties have reached the level of strategic partnership,” he noted.
“Natural and man-made risks have been growing in the region we live in. We know that earthquakes, floods, volcanic eruptions and similar natural disasters do not result directly from human activities. Climate change has already resulted in serious consequences in different countries, and it is only becoming more and more dangerous as times goes by. The Caspian Sea, by which we are united, is our common property. We regard the Caspian Sea as the sea of peace, friendship and cooperation. Azerbaijan is focused on developing bilateral relations with the Caspian littoral states on the basis of mutual respect and trust. Close friendly relations and multi-vectored cooperation between these countries ensure stability, prosperity and security in our region. Therefore, protection of the Caspian Sea ecosystem is a common cause for all Caspian littoral states,” he added.
Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations, Lieutenant-General Etibar Mirzayev, who is managing the exercise, said that 1,100 personnel, 208 vehicles of varying purposes, 2 planes, 5 helicopters, 10 speed boats, 8 ships and 6 specially trained dogs are involved in the exercise.
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Education appointed
- 28.06.2018Baku Forum on Sustainable Development to be held in October
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates funds for development of Baku’s master plan
- 27.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves new composition of Sate Oil Fund Supervisory Board
- 27.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 26.06.2018Weather forecast for June 27
- 25.06.2018Over 70,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan on June 27
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani Defense Industry Minister Yavar Jamalov dies
- 03.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov: No human causalities recorded during disasters since MES creation
- 03.11.2017Baku City Main Police Department warns Musavat Party
- 03.11.2017Baku-hosted Caspian 2017 int’l exercise wraps up
- 03.11.2017“Dərs Evi” Educational Centre launches international test preparation courses
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan State Economic University’s self-government status abolished
- 02.11.2017Employees of Sumgayit State University awarded Taraggi Medal