Cabinet of Ministers eliminates dispute over vertical position of the state flag of Azerbaijan
The Cabinet of Ministers has eliminated the mistake made in October 29, 2013 resolution "On Amendments to the rules for lifting (hanging), lowering, storing and manufacturing the National Flag of the Republic of Azerbaijan", APA reports.
"On rules for lifting (hanging), lowering, storing and manufacturing the National Flag of the Republic of Azerbaijan" approved by the Cabinet of Ministers on March 25, 2005, reads that the flag is raised with the support of the poles or special fasteners and the blue strip of the flag should be directed to the top of the flag pole.
The flag may also be hanged without a pole. In this case, the flag should be tightly attached to the vertical plane and mounted to the horizontal appliance position in the horizontal position. The moon and star should look to the right.
Hanging the Azerbaijani state flag in a vertical position without a flagpole on the wall of the building, or attaching it by special holders are determined by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 317 of October 29, 2013 "On rules for lifting (hanging), lowering, storing and manufacturing the National Flag of the Republic of Azerbaijan". The decision notes that if the flag is hung on the building wall vertically and without a flagpole, then the blue flag strip should be on the left, and the crescent and the eight-pointed star are directed downwards.
However, in this case, returning the flag to the horizontal position, the placement of the strip and the crescent with the star will not comply with the rules. For example, if the flag displayed in this order is returned to the horizontal position counter-clockwise (from right to left), then not blue, and the green bar will be on top. If you return the flag posted in the vertical position to the horizontal position clockwise (from left to right), then the location of the bands is not violated. That is, the blue band will be located on top, the red bar on the middle, the green one on the bottom. However, in this case, the crescent is directed to the left, and not to the right. Both cases do not correspond to the rule of the location of the flag in a horizontal position.
This mistake has been corrected by the recent decision of the Cabinet of Ministers. In other words, according to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers on 21 June 2018 "On Amendments to the rules for lifting (hanging), lowering, storing and manufacturing the National Flag of the Republic of Azerbaijan", the State Flag of the Republic of Azerbaijan is reflected vertically on the wall of the building by the green strip positioned on the left if looking in the opposite direction.
APA News Agency has published a study on June 5, 2018, on the mistake made in the October 29, 2013 decision of the Cabinet of Ministers "On Amendment to the rules for lifting (hanging), lowering, storing and manufacturing the National Flag of the Republic of Azerbaijan" , and also sent an appropriate request to the Cabinet of Ministers.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Education appointed
- 22.06.2018Presidential Administration: 29.3 thousand civil servants make up 0.6% of Azerbaijan’s working population
- 22.06.2018Term for registration of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan to be extended
- 22.06.2018Translation of US historian Frederick Starr’s book into Azerbaijani presented
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijan Teacher Development Centre authorized as CELTA Training Centre
- 21.06.2018Date of Kamaladdin Heydarov’s reception of citizens in Siyazan rescheduled
- 21.06.2018New youth peace platform presented in Tbilisi