Book-album ‘Museum of Genocide’ presented in Baku
The presentation of the ‘Museum of Genocide’ book-album was held at the Presidential Library in Baku Feb. 16.
The book-album has been prepared by the Azerbaijani Military Prosecutor’s Office and the Institute of History of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences.
The documentary “Tragedy of the Century,” prepared by the Studio for Documentaries and Education Films of the Defense Ministry upon the order of the Military Prosecutor’s Office, was also presented during the event.
Presidential Library director Mayil Ahmadov said various events are being held in different countries to commemorate the Khojaly victims.
Institute of History director Yagub Mahmudov said one of the Institute’s priorities is to investigate the history of acts of genocide committed by Armenians against the Azerbaijani people.
Military prosecutor Khanlar Valiyev said the Museum of Genocide is dedicated to the memory of the tens of thousands of Azerbaijanis killed in the acts of genocide committed by Armenian-Bolshevik forces since the early twentieth century. The Museum consists of four sections – history, deportations and repressions, acts of genocide, and terror.
The purpose of the Museum is to raise public awareness and provide future generations with authentic information about the genocides suffered by Azerbaijanis in the twentieth century.
- 23.03.2017Changeable cloudy and dry weather predicted in Baku
- 22.03.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 20.03.2017Azercell supports international event in Baku
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 17.03.2017Albanian president awarded title of honorary doctor of Azerbaijan University of Languages
- 17.03.201714 female inmates pardoned Azerbaijan's president
- 17.03.2017Pardon order: 40 inmates released from Correctional Facility No. 13
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan starts execution of presidential order on pardon
- 16.03.2017Rector appointed to Baku Engineering University
- 16.03.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MES: Project for 1st micro-district to cover more areas in case it proves successful
- 15.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 14.03.2017Two-time European karate champion standing trial on drug charges
- 14.03.2017Dust clouds over Turkmenistan to hit Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Hearing in case of former MNS generals postponed
- 14.03.2017Supreme Court considers IBA ex-chairman’s appeal
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani court rejects appeal of former OMON members
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 13.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets lawyer
- 13.03.2017Dust storm from Arabian Desert hits Baku
- 13.03.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 13.03.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill prohibiting smoking in public places
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announce dates of entrance exams for master’s degree
- 10.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announces admission to masters degree
- 09.03.2017Former MNS employees plead not guilty - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal is to provide 4,000 IDP families with apartments in Baku and Sumgayit
- 09.03.2017US ambassador begins trip to Azerbaijan’s southern region
- 08.03.2017Today marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2017Polluted environments kill 1.7 million children each year: WHO
- 06.03.2017Tariff Council determines exam entry fees - LIST
- 16.02.2017Lithuania’s independence marked in Baku
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan: 3,868 people still missing after Karabakh conflict
- 17.02.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 16.02.2017State Committee chairperson: Parents losing their sense of responsibility
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani State Committee dissatisfied with non-implementation of laws on family and children affairs
- 16.02.2017Medicine prices in Azerbaijan regulated based on manat rate against dollar: Tariff Council