Book-album ‘Museum of Genocide’ presented in Baku
The presentation of the ‘Museum of Genocide’ book-album was held at the Presidential Library in Baku Feb. 16.
The book-album has been prepared by the Azerbaijani Military Prosecutor’s Office and the Institute of History of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences.
The documentary “Tragedy of the Century,” prepared by the Studio for Documentaries and Education Films of the Defense Ministry upon the order of the Military Prosecutor’s Office, was also presented during the event.
Presidential Library director Mayil Ahmadov said various events are being held in different countries to commemorate the Khojaly victims.
Institute of History director Yagub Mahmudov said one of the Institute’s priorities is to investigate the history of acts of genocide committed by Armenians against the Azerbaijani people.
Military prosecutor Khanlar Valiyev said the Museum of Genocide is dedicated to the memory of the tens of thousands of Azerbaijanis killed in the acts of genocide committed by Armenian-Bolshevik forces since the early twentieth century. The Museum consists of four sections – history, deportations and repressions, acts of genocide, and terror.
The purpose of the Museum is to raise public awareness and provide future generations with authentic information about the genocides suffered by Azerbaijanis in the twentieth century.
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018New president of ANAS to be elected today
- 06.06.2018Strong, destructive earthquake not expected in Azerbaijan – top seismologist
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Bar Association rejects rumors on alleged bias towards lawyers with opposition views
- 06.06.2018Inauguration of new lawyers held in Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018No causalities reported after quake in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala: Health Ministry
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani setting up electronic system for assessment of judicial activity
- 06.06.2018Aftershocks likely to continue after strong earthquake hits Azerbaijan’s Zagatala – Seismic Survey Center
- 05.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Development of Azerbaijan’s healthcare system remains center of attention
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Naftalan City Central Hospital
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani MES leadership visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev and Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 04.06.2018Academy of Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry marks 10th anniversary
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Emergency Situations, Int’l Civil Defense Organization sign document on information exchange
- 02.06.2018EuroVillage 2018 opens in Baku
- 01.06.2018Governor: Georgian citizens injured in bus accident in Azerbaijan are in stable condition
- 01.06.2018UK Embassy in Baku holds forum on harmful effects of plastic products
- 01.06.2018Two Azerbaijani children adopted by Iranian and Turkish citizens this year
- 16.02.2017Lithuania’s independence marked in Baku
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan: 3,868 people still missing after Karabakh conflict
- 17.02.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 16.02.2017State Committee chairperson: Parents losing their sense of responsibility
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani State Committee dissatisfied with non-implementation of laws on family and children affairs
- 16.02.2017Medicine prices in Azerbaijan regulated based on manat rate against dollar: Tariff Council