Book-album ‘Museum of Genocide’ presented in Baku
The presentation of the ‘Museum of Genocide’ book-album was held at the Presidential Library in Baku Feb. 16.
The book-album has been prepared by the Azerbaijani Military Prosecutor’s Office and the Institute of History of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences.
The documentary “Tragedy of the Century,” prepared by the Studio for Documentaries and Education Films of the Defense Ministry upon the order of the Military Prosecutor’s Office, was also presented during the event.
Presidential Library director Mayil Ahmadov said various events are being held in different countries to commemorate the Khojaly victims.
Institute of History director Yagub Mahmudov said one of the Institute’s priorities is to investigate the history of acts of genocide committed by Armenians against the Azerbaijani people.
Military prosecutor Khanlar Valiyev said the Museum of Genocide is dedicated to the memory of the tens of thousands of Azerbaijanis killed in the acts of genocide committed by Armenian-Bolshevik forces since the early twentieth century. The Museum consists of four sections – history, deportations and repressions, acts of genocide, and terror.
The purpose of the Museum is to raise public awareness and provide future generations with authentic information about the genocides suffered by Azerbaijanis in the twentieth century.
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 10.11.2017Newly-built dormitory of Azerbaijan State Agrarian University inaugurated
- 14.12.2016Snowfall expected for Azerbaijan
- 14.12.2016Cabinet of Minister to take decision on payment for exams
- 14.12.2016Number of Azerbaijani population up as of Nov. 1
- 14.12.2016Azerbaijan: 17 people undergo bone marrow transplant surgery in 2016
- 14.12.2016Drugs worth over 12M manats burned in Baku
- 13.12.2016Unsteady weather predicted for Azerbaijan, temperature to drop by 10 C