Baku hosts meeting of CIS Interstate Council for natural and man-made emergencies
The 30th meeting of the CIS Interstate Council for Natural and Man-made Emergency Situations kicked off in Baku on Oct. 2.
Delegations from Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan are taking part in the meeting, APA reported.
Azerbaijan is represented by First Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations Lieutenant-General Rafail Mirzayev, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations Lieutenant-General Faig Tagizade and Deputy Chief of the ministry’s Head Office Gunduz Hamzayev.
After the announcement of the meeting’s agenda, Rafail Mirzayev was elected chairman of the Council for the next term.
The outcomes of the Council’s activities for 2016-2017 were discussed at the event.
The participants hailed the successful implementation of the decisions taken by the CIS Interstate Council for Natural and Man-made Emergency Situations.
The council members also discussed improving the legal framework for cooperation among the CIS countries in management of emergency situations and elimination of their consequences.
Then, amendments and appendices to the staff preparation report in the field of emergency situations were considered.
The inventory of contract - legal framework in prevention of natural and man-made emergency situations and elimination of consequences was also discussed, and it was decided to develop the main action plan of the Interstate Council for 2017-2018.
The main measures of the CIS Interstate Council for natural and man-made Emergency Situations for 2016-2017, the place for the next meeting of the Council and the draft agenda of the meeting were agreed at the meeting.
In addition, the participants agreed to hold the Council’s 31st meeting in Belarus.
Gunduz Hamzayev said that the Council’s meeting is organized every year in one of the CIS countries.
“The ministries of emergency situations and deputy ministers of each CIS member state are participating in the meeting and are discussing issues of assistance to each other during the emergency situations as natural and man-made emergency situations are observed more and more,” he added.
He noted that there is a plan between the CIS countries to help each other in emergency situations, on the basis of which, mutual assistance is provided.
A number of documents on future cooperation are intended to be signed at the meeting.
- 18.10.2017Spectators to be provided with buses following Qarabag-Atletico Madrid football match
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan registers 390 HIV-positive people in 2017
- 18.10.2017Documentary “Objective Baku: How Hitler Lost the Battle for Oil” screened in London
- 18.10.2017Increase in male victims of human trafficking, IOM says
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan considers amendment to Criminal Code regarding postponement of sentence for some prisoners
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan defines upper and lowers limits of new penalty for juvenile delinquency
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan’s trade representatives abroad to be paid in amount of 90 percent of ambassador’s salary
- 16.10.2017Interior Minister: Situation with sexual minorities in Azerbaijan no different from that in most European states
- 16.10.2017ANAS proposes businesses undertake to finance development of science in country
- 13.10.2017"IMAGINE" Euro Tolerance Festival 2017 kicks off in Baku
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan set to abrogate imprisonment for illegal trafficking of medications
- 13.10.2017ANAS says statement by Institute of History on map crisis does not reflect its position
- 13.10.2017U.S., Azerbaijan improve irrigation in Saatli
- 13.10.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 13.10.20174-year-old Azerbaijani child rescued from ISIL in Iraq brought home
- 12.10.2017ANAS Institute of History issues statement on map crisis
- 12.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards railway workers
- 11.10.2017New generation vaccine developed against malaria: Azerbaijani scientist
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan develops life expectancy map
- 10.10.2017Premarital examination: 240 diagnosed with thalassemia, 7 with AIDS in Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2017Strong magnetic storm to hit Earth
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Sometimes there are delays in execution of actions relating to Strategic Road Maps
- 09.10.2017Historian: ‘Greater Armenia’ map in history textbook may have been published for insidious purpose
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan conducts serious fight against corruption, cybercrime: Deputy Prosecutor General
- 06.10.2017Project ‘Italian language week’ presented in Baku
- 06.10.2017Ambassador: From among EU countries, Italy is where most Azerbaijani students choose to pursue their study
- 06.10.2017Some Ashura blood donators found to be infected with HIV, Hepatitis, Syphilis: Health Ministry
- 06.10.2017Nobel Peace Prize 2017 awarded to International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani Press Council recommends fines for violation of literary language norms
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijan’s NTRC reveals main problems with using literary language on television and radio
- 06.10.201711th International Education Exhibition opens in Baku
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President attended ceremony to give out new apartments to IDP families in Masazir
- 05.10.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva visits new building for IDP families
- 05.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for school construction in Lahij
- 04.10.2017Minister Kamaleddin Heydarov meets with CEO of Italian Leonardo company
- 04.10.2017Men also among victims of domestic violence in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 04.10.2017Euronews presents report about Azerbaijan's Lahij city - VIDEO
- 03.10.2017Int’l experience shows risk of sexually transmitted diseases is higher, sociologist says
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister appeals to Supreme Court chairman
- 03.10.2017Kamal Abdullayev granted Azerbaijani president’s personal stipend
- 02.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly built kindergarten in Gobustan district
- 02.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shamakhi district for visit
- 02.10.2017UNICEF: 4-month paid maternity leave in Azerbaijan 'insufficient'
- 29.09.2017US Embassy opens Salyan American Corner
- 29.09.2017Amendments envisaging decriminalization for use, possession of drugs in Azerbaijan considered ‘unacceptable’
- 29.09.2017Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Samukh - UPDATED