Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
A conference on the role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism was held in Baku March 3.
The conference was co-organized by the State Security Service, State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Youth Fund under the President of Azerbaijan, Ministry of Education, State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Addressing the conference, Chief of the State Security Service Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev said that in recent years religious radicalism has become widespread in the neighboring regions of Azerbaijan, as well as in Central Asia, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Turkey.
According to him, terrorist organizations such as ISIL, Al-Qaeda pose a great threat to global peace.
He stressed that Azerbaijan, located in a complicated geopolitical position, is the most stable country in the South Caucasus.
Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of the Presidential Administration, gave detailed information about the state care of youth.
Deputy Education Minister Firudin Gurbanov, Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports Intigam Babayev, and MP Fuad Muradov also addressed the event.
In the end, the conference participants adopted an appeal to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
- 16.08.2017Prosecutor seeks 15 years for Akif Chovdarov - UPDATED
- 14.08.2017Baku to host Global Young Leaders Forum
- 14.08.20172,650 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgia
- 14.08.2017Ghulam Isaczai: Azerbaijani young people are energetic, innovative and inspirational
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijan announces university placement results
- 09.08.2017Iran building hospitals near border with Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan declares 4 days off for Eid al-Adha
- 07.08.2017Interior Ministry and Prosecutor’s Office issue joint statement on traffic accident caused by ‘Gelandewagen’
- 07.08.2017Prosecutor seeks penalty for woman for falsely presenting herself as MNS officials
- 05.08.2017Temperature to be 38C in Baku, 40C in regions tomorrow
- 04.08.2017President: Level of unemployment and poverty to reduce more
- 04.08.2017Argument erupts during trial of former MNS general
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launches new electrical substation in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of 180-seat orphanage-kindergarten in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opened in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Zagatala
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of ABAD Center in Balakan
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opens in Balakan
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title on 20 January martyr
- 02.08.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations call on the public to abide by safety regulations on beaches
- 02.08.2017Azerbaijani President attends opening of Pirshagi-Novkhani and Binagadi-Novkhani-Corat highways
- 01.08.2017Baku Higher Oil School students undertake internship at BP
- 31.07.2017Zakir Garalov: Imprisoned MNS officials’ properties worth AZN 56mln under arrest
- 31.07.2017UNEC Business School graduates get global job opportunities
- 31.07.2017Solar eclipse to occur next month
- 29.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty takes aptitude test
- 28.07.2017Interior Minister of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 28.07.2017Program Manager from Massachusetts Institute of Technology visits Baku Higher Oil School
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijan publicizes number of people bitten by snakes in July
- 28.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 5-year sentence for ex-official of liquidated ministry
- 28.07.2017State Examination Center addresses applicants who took entrance exam on July 27
- 28.07.2017The number of people released from arrest has increased by 28% over the past year in Azerbaijan
- 27.07.201783 people killed, 159 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan this year
- 27.07.2017Lapshin appeals to Azerbaijani Justice Ministry for his extradition to Israel
- 27.07.2017Temperature in Baku to reach 34-39C in late July
- 27.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov, Beytulla Huseynov each get 13 years in prison - UPDATED
- 27.07.2017Applicants evacuated due to fire retake entrance exams
- 26.07.2017Justice Ministry: Lapshin’s request for his extradition to Israel may be considered
- 26.07.2017Alexander Lapshin refuses to file appeal, asks to be extradited to Israel
- 26.07.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted for evading investigation - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017Court resumes trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 03.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards women
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district