Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
A conference on the role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism was held in Baku March 3.
The conference was co-organized by the State Security Service, State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Youth Fund under the President of Azerbaijan, Ministry of Education, State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Addressing the conference, Chief of the State Security Service Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev said that in recent years religious radicalism has become widespread in the neighboring regions of Azerbaijan, as well as in Central Asia, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Turkey.
According to him, terrorist organizations such as ISIL, Al-Qaeda pose a great threat to global peace.
He stressed that Azerbaijan, located in a complicated geopolitical position, is the most stable country in the South Caucasus.
Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of the Presidential Administration, gave detailed information about the state care of youth.
Deputy Education Minister Firudin Gurbanov, Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports Intigam Babayev, and MP Fuad Muradov also addressed the event.
In the end, the conference participants adopted an appeal to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
- 24.02.2018Presidential scholarship for students increased
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on development of education infrastructure
- 24.02.2018Baku awaits cloudy weather on Sunday
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017Court resumes trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 03.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards women
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district