Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
A conference on the role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism was held in Baku March 3.
The conference was co-organized by the State Security Service, State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Youth Fund under the President of Azerbaijan, Ministry of Education, State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Addressing the conference, Chief of the State Security Service Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev said that in recent years religious radicalism has become widespread in the neighboring regions of Azerbaijan, as well as in Central Asia, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Turkey.
According to him, terrorist organizations such as ISIL, Al-Qaeda pose a great threat to global peace.
He stressed that Azerbaijan, located in a complicated geopolitical position, is the most stable country in the South Caucasus.
Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of the Presidential Administration, gave detailed information about the state care of youth.
Deputy Education Minister Firudin Gurbanov, Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports Intigam Babayev, and MP Fuad Muradov also addressed the event.
In the end, the conference participants adopted an appeal to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
- 14.12.2017Winners of “Emergency Situations Through The Eyes of Children” competition awarded
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan prohibits changing of specialty in master’s degree
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan developing concept of cadaveric organ transplantation
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies conditions in which students will get academic vacation
- 12.12.2017Abbas Alasgarov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 11.12.2017Traffic to be restricted in some streets and avenues of Baku on Dec. 12
- 08.12.2017Tariff Council approves prices of more than 300 registered medicines
- 08.12.2017Book titled “Splendor and Misery of Leyla Yunus” presented
- 08.12.2017Anar Baghirov: Bar Association was partly responsible for delay in lawyer admissions
- 07.12.2017Criminal elements detected in activities of 23 municipalities
- 07.12.2017Several human rights defenders appeal to President Ilham Aliyev
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Another 10 carpet weaving factories to open in Azerbaijan next year
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan specifies non-working days for next year's holidays
- 07.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: "ASAN Service" is most effective tool against corruption, bribery
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Flag Museum in Guba
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates ‘ASAN heyat’ complex in Guba
- 07.12.2017New chairman of Azerbaijan’s Bar Association elected
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ground breaking ceremony of highway to be built on Azerbaijan-Russia state border
- 06.12.2017Citizens of OIC countries to get grants for education in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Javanshir Gurbanov awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 06.12.2017About 80 percent of Azerbaijani citizens optimistic about the country's future
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards workers of communication and high-tech sector
- 05.12.2017Number of Nakhchivan’s population publicized
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan postpones election of new ombudsperson
- 04.12.2017Baku’s population nears 2.6 million
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan Business Case Competition 2017 wraps up
- 02.12.2017Weather forecast for tomorrow
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases duties on reissue of lost and deteriorated international passports and ID cards
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan modifying conditions for selection of pretrial detention type
- 01.12.2017MP Hasanguliyev: English-language TV channel should be created in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Half of HIV-infected people in Europe is diagnosed late – WHO
- 01.12.2017Preliminary hearing held for APFP deputy chairperson accused of smuggling
- 01.12.2017MP: Half of men in Azerbaijan smoke
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Azerbaijan unlikely to adopt mandatory medical insurance in 1-2 years
- 30.11.2017Deputy PM: Unemployment rate high in trade and service areas
- 30.11.2017State Committee: Work underway to get Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 30.11.2017December weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2017AZN 3M allocated for renovation works and capital repair of multi-apartment building in Tartar
- 29.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for renovation works in Aghjabadi
- 29.11.2017Most appeals to State Committee have to do with non-payment of alimonies
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017Court resumes trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 03.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards women
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district