Baku hosts conference on role of youth in counterterrorism
A conference on the role of youth in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalism was held in Baku March 3.
The conference was co-organized by the State Security Service, State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Youth Fund under the President of Azerbaijan, Ministry of Education, State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Addressing the conference, Chief of the State Security Service Lieutenant General Madat Guliyev said that in recent years religious radicalism has become widespread in the neighboring regions of Azerbaijan, as well as in Central Asia, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Turkey.
According to him, terrorist organizations such as ISIL, Al-Qaeda pose a great threat to global peace.
He stressed that Azerbaijan, located in a complicated geopolitical position, is the most stable country in the South Caucasus.
Vugar Aliyev, deputy head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of the Presidential Administration, gave detailed information about the state care of youth.
Deputy Education Minister Firudin Gurbanov, Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports Intigam Babayev, and MP Fuad Muradov also addressed the event.
In the end, the conference participants adopted an appeal to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Public legal entity status will open up new opportunities for development of higher education
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to have five non-working days on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Final exams for IX-XI graders starts in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Former Azerbaijani health minister gets his appeal denied by court
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on telecommunications
- 22.06.2017Preliminary hearing held for Alexander Lapshin - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Two Universities in Azerbaijan to get public legal entity status
- 21.06.2017Sayyaf Ismayilov awarded “Honored Civil Servant” title
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on granting young talents a special stipend
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry comments on lawyers’ statement about Akif Chovdarov’s health
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry: Doctors are closely following Lapshin’s health condition
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of Narimanov District Court
- 20.06.2017US Embassy celebrates opening of Ganja American Corner
- 20.06.2017Court rejects Afgan Mukhtarli’s petition
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 19.06.2017Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja
- 17.06.2017Traffic police address drivers in connection with Formula 1
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan University of Languages to get public legal entity status
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on healthcare workers
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan allocates two hospitals for F1 Grand Prix
- 16.06.2017Number of official unemployed population announced
- 16.06.20174-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Number of Azerbaijan population increases 0.3%
- 16.06.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Jalilabad
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan restricts entry of 264 foreigners in May
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan: Military service problems of male students with 1-2 unpaid academic debts to be solved
- 15.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended memorial event for outstanding scientist, academician Rafiga Aliyeva
- 14.06.2017European Union celebrates the launch of its media projects and congratulates winners of its competitions
- 14.06.2017Jojug Marjanli resident awarded “Labor” Order
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s deputy PM: Mandatory medical insurance fees should be acceptable to citizens
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2017Lapshin to stand trial on June 22 - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan: Deaths among children aged under 1 mainly observed in Baku
- 13.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov pays for part of damage caused to state
- 13.06.2017ANAS president: Farmlands make up 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 03.03.2017Pre-trial detention term extended for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 03.03.2017Court resumes trial in ‘Nardaran case’
- 03.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards women
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan eliminated 9 extremists, arrested 4 more over past six months
- 03.03.2017Development, stability in Azerbaijan exemplary: PA official
- 03.03.2017US ambassador’s spouse attends opening of road in Azerbaijani district