Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
The Copyright Agency of Azerbaijan held a conference, entitled "Antique manuscripts and classic sources expose Armenian forgeries and falsifications,” in Baku on April 20.
Speaking at the conference, Chairman of the Agency Kamran Imanov said that this year's conference is dedicated to the 95th birthday anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev and to the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, APA reports.
He noted that active work is underway to have Azerbaijan’s national art jewels included in the list of UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage.
Thanks to the efforts of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President, President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Mehriban Aliyeva, 11 samples of Azerbaijani culture have been included in the list of Intangible Cultural Heritage since 2008, added Imanov.
"The number of our cultural heritage samples included in UNESCO's list is twice as many as that of our enemy. Nevertheless, the Armenian side, having an eye on our intellectual property, still claims to the material and non-material heritage of the Azerbaijani people in order to add them to the list of UNESCO Cultural Heritage. We must step up our efforts to disprove their unfounded claims. That's exactly the purpose of today's event,” he said.
Imanov noted that Armenians are inclined to mythomania. According to him, these fabrications connect the myth of the “great lands”, territorial claims to the neighbors and the appropriation of their cultural heritage.
He underlined that the main goals of the Copyright Agency is to expose Armenian falsifications and prevent Armenian plagiarism.
“A lot of events, including international events, have been held, numerous books and other publications have been prepared and published, and the irrefutable historical facts of frauds and claims of Armenians to our cultural heritage were exposed on the basis of historical facts and scientific evidence,” Imanov added.
MP Fattah Heydarov, Rector of the Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction Gulchohra Mammadova and MP Elmira Akhundova gave detailed information about the falsifications of Armenians who make unfounded claims against historical Azerbaijani lands. The speakers praised the activity of the Copyright Agency in this respect.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended commencement ceremony at ADA University
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks