Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
An initiative group of Azerbaijani teachers have issued a statement regarding the presidential election to take place in the country on April 11.
The statement says that national education policy has improved remarkably during President Ilham Aliyev’s reign, with crucial steps taken towards integration into international educational system.
“During these years, a number of state programs have been adopted for the development of education, which resulted in improved quality of education at all levels, significant achievements have been made in expanding educational opportunities for children and young people, applying modern management models, strengthening the capacity and competence of staff potential, pedagogy of general education facilities, providing education for children with disabilities, providing guidance to staff, evaluating and stimulating teaching activities, updating educational resources, modernizing material and technical base, providing education with modern information and communication technologies,” reads the statement.
The statement also praises progress achieved in the field of infrastructure renewal of general education institutions over the past 14 years.
“Over the past fourteen years, 3,104 new schools have been built or overhauled. The establishment of modular schools has been started in order to renew school buildings with small contingent of students even in the country’s remote villages. In 2017, 106 such types of schools were built, 137 of them are expected to be launched in the current year,” the statement says.
The statement further says that despite unstable financial situation in many countries, the salaries of more than 140,000 teachers working in Azerbaijan’s general education schools have been double as a result of fundamental reforms carried out in Azerbaijan in the area of promotion teachers’ labor in last years.
“As a result of successful educational policy pursued under the leadership of the head of state, the reputation of teachers has been significantly increased in the society.
This is a reality that Azerbaijani teachers have always been supporters of the president’s policy. This is our principled position and this will always remain so, because when Ilham Aliyev was elected as a president for the first time, he promised “to be the president of each citizen”, and he proved it in practice. Dear compatriots, by voting for Ilham Aliyev, a worthy successor to national leader Heydar Aliyev’s political course, in the forthcoming election, you will vote for the future of independent Azerbaijan, distinct fate of our national education, guarantee of our independence, and tranquility in our country!” the statement reads.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan considers restriction of freedom for several offences
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new fines for violating entry and exit rules
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law on employment
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on vocational education
- 23.04.2018Jeyhun Bayramov relieved of his duties as Deputy Minister of Education
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on allocation of lump-sum financial aid to WW II veterans
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks
- 19.04.2018Health Ministry: Anemia, kidney and heart diseases widespread among pregnant women in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201837,618 abortion cases recorded in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals number of maternal deaths registered in 1Q 2018
- 19.04.2018Early marriages reported not only among Azerbaijanis living in Georgia: UNFPA study
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan may create vacancy bank for unemployed
- 05.04.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens imprisoned in Georgia revealed
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil