Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
An initiative group of Azerbaijani teachers have issued a statement regarding the presidential election to take place in the country on April 11.
The statement says that national education policy has improved remarkably during President Ilham Aliyev’s reign, with crucial steps taken towards integration into international educational system.
“During these years, a number of state programs have been adopted for the development of education, which resulted in improved quality of education at all levels, significant achievements have been made in expanding educational opportunities for children and young people, applying modern management models, strengthening the capacity and competence of staff potential, pedagogy of general education facilities, providing education for children with disabilities, providing guidance to staff, evaluating and stimulating teaching activities, updating educational resources, modernizing material and technical base, providing education with modern information and communication technologies,” reads the statement.
The statement also praises progress achieved in the field of infrastructure renewal of general education institutions over the past 14 years.
“Over the past fourteen years, 3,104 new schools have been built or overhauled. The establishment of modular schools has been started in order to renew school buildings with small contingent of students even in the country’s remote villages. In 2017, 106 such types of schools were built, 137 of them are expected to be launched in the current year,” the statement says.
The statement further says that despite unstable financial situation in many countries, the salaries of more than 140,000 teachers working in Azerbaijan’s general education schools have been double as a result of fundamental reforms carried out in Azerbaijan in the area of promotion teachers’ labor in last years.
“As a result of successful educational policy pursued under the leadership of the head of state, the reputation of teachers has been significantly increased in the society.
This is a reality that Azerbaijani teachers have always been supporters of the president’s policy. This is our principled position and this will always remain so, because when Ilham Aliyev was elected as a president for the first time, he promised “to be the president of each citizen”, and he proved it in practice. Dear compatriots, by voting for Ilham Aliyev, a worthy successor to national leader Heydar Aliyev’s political course, in the forthcoming election, you will vote for the future of independent Azerbaijan, distinct fate of our national education, guarantee of our independence, and tranquility in our country!” the statement reads.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018WhatsApp to limit message forwarding
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil