Azerbaijani SEC presents its first int’l project
The State Examination Center of Azerbaijan (SEC) held an event on Tuesday to present its new twinning project titled “Support to the continuation of reforms in the civil service system of Azerbaijan”.
The project partners are the Azerbaijani SEC and the State Secretariat of the Republic of Lithuania.
Present at the event were Maleyka Abbaszade, chairperson of the SEC Board of Directors; Bahram Khalilov, deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors; Sevinj Hasanova, deputy minister of economy; Safa Mirzayev, head of the Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament.
Addressing the event, Abbaszade said the two-year project aims to contribute to further development of the professional and sustainable civil service system of Azerbaijan that is compatible with the best European practice.
According to her, the project provides support to public administration, exchange of best practices, as well as the adaptation of national legislation to EU standards.
Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation in Azerbaijan, said in her speech that the budget of the EU-funded two-year project amounts to 1.2 million euro.
The project is aimed at the establishment of a professional civil service system in Azerbaijan, said Mard, noting that European partners will work with the Azerbaijani side for two years and make recommendations on the project.
“The EU has implemented 47 twinning projects in Azerbaijan over the past decade. Hopefully, this figure will reach 50 by the end of this year,” she added.
Safa Mirzayev, head of the Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament, said this project is an important step forward.
“Azerbaijan cooperates with the EU in various areas. The working group with the EU has been operating in the Azerbaijani parliament for 8 years. Twinning projects require funding. However, proper spending of funds depends on the experience of the countries involved. Some difficulties are inevitable,” he added.
Deputy Minister of Economy Sevinj Hasanova and other speakers also underlined the importance of the project.
- 23.03.2017Changeable cloudy and dry weather predicted in Baku
- 22.03.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 20.03.2017Azercell supports international event in Baku
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 17.03.2017Albanian president awarded title of honorary doctor of Azerbaijan University of Languages
- 17.03.201714 female inmates pardoned Azerbaijan's president
- 17.03.2017Pardon order: 40 inmates released from Correctional Facility No. 13
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan starts execution of presidential order on pardon
- 16.03.2017Rector appointed to Baku Engineering University
- 16.03.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MES: Project for 1st micro-district to cover more areas in case it proves successful
- 15.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 14.03.2017Two-time European karate champion standing trial on drug charges
- 14.03.2017Dust clouds over Turkmenistan to hit Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Hearing in case of former MNS generals postponed
- 14.03.2017Supreme Court considers IBA ex-chairman’s appeal
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani court rejects appeal of former OMON members
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 13.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets lawyer
- 13.03.2017Dust storm from Arabian Desert hits Baku
- 13.03.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 13.03.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill prohibiting smoking in public places
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announce dates of entrance exams for master’s degree
- 10.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announces admission to masters degree
- 09.03.2017Former MNS employees plead not guilty - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal is to provide 4,000 IDP families with apartments in Baku and Sumgayit
- 09.03.2017US ambassador begins trip to Azerbaijan’s southern region
- 08.03.2017Today marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2017Polluted environments kill 1.7 million children each year: WHO
- 06.03.2017Tariff Council determines exam entry fees - LIST
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC develops new rules for civil service recruitment
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan: Utility costs of IDPs settled in dormitories, boarding houses to be paid by state
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC sets dates for final exams for ninth graders
- 14.02.2017SEC: Civil service recruitment process should be simplified in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan, Austria launch joint exercises for search and rescue ops during avalanches
- 13.02.2017Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan