Azerbaijani SEC presents its first int’l project
The State Examination Center of Azerbaijan (SEC) held an event on Tuesday to present its new twinning project titled “Support to the continuation of reforms in the civil service system of Azerbaijan”.
The project partners are the Azerbaijani SEC and the State Secretariat of the Republic of Lithuania.
Present at the event were Maleyka Abbaszade, chairperson of the SEC Board of Directors; Bahram Khalilov, deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors; Sevinj Hasanova, deputy minister of economy; Safa Mirzayev, head of the Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament.
Addressing the event, Abbaszade said the two-year project aims to contribute to further development of the professional and sustainable civil service system of Azerbaijan that is compatible with the best European practice.
According to her, the project provides support to public administration, exchange of best practices, as well as the adaptation of national legislation to EU standards.
Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation in Azerbaijan, said in her speech that the budget of the EU-funded two-year project amounts to 1.2 million euro.
The project is aimed at the establishment of a professional civil service system in Azerbaijan, said Mard, noting that European partners will work with the Azerbaijani side for two years and make recommendations on the project.
“The EU has implemented 47 twinning projects in Azerbaijan over the past decade. Hopefully, this figure will reach 50 by the end of this year,” she added.
Safa Mirzayev, head of the Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament, said this project is an important step forward.
“Azerbaijan cooperates with the EU in various areas. The working group with the EU has been operating in the Azerbaijani parliament for 8 years. Twinning projects require funding. However, proper spending of funds depends on the experience of the countries involved. Some difficulties are inevitable,” he added.
Deputy Minister of Economy Sevinj Hasanova and other speakers also underlined the importance of the project.
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission rejects allegations of pardon for a person who wasn’t listed
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold first university entrance exams on April 30
- 27.04.2017MP: Some cafes and restaurants in Azerbaijan offer hookahs containing drugs
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan's former health minister gets 7 years and 5 days in prison - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017New prosecutor of Baku appointed
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 21.04.2017EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament passes bill restricting tobacco use
- 14.04.2017Baku Education Department: No violations recorded during teacher recruitment
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijan to broadcast anti-smoking TV and radio programs
- 13.04.201790 first aid brigades to be available during Baku Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.04.2017Bears and gazelles illegally kept at some recreational centers in Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan: Minors to be required to present ID while buying cigarettes
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC develops new rules for civil service recruitment
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan: Utility costs of IDPs settled in dormitories, boarding houses to be paid by state
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC sets dates for final exams for ninth graders
- 14.02.2017SEC: Civil service recruitment process should be simplified in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan, Austria launch joint exercises for search and rescue ops during avalanches
- 13.02.2017Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan