Azerbaijani SEC presents its first int’l project
The State Examination Center of Azerbaijan (SEC) held an event on Tuesday to present its new twinning project titled “Support to the continuation of reforms in the civil service system of Azerbaijan”.
The project partners are the Azerbaijani SEC and the State Secretariat of the Republic of Lithuania.
Present at the event were Maleyka Abbaszade, chairperson of the SEC Board of Directors; Bahram Khalilov, deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors; Sevinj Hasanova, deputy minister of economy; Safa Mirzayev, head of the Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament.
Addressing the event, Abbaszade said the two-year project aims to contribute to further development of the professional and sustainable civil service system of Azerbaijan that is compatible with the best European practice.
According to her, the project provides support to public administration, exchange of best practices, as well as the adaptation of national legislation to EU standards.
Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation in Azerbaijan, said in her speech that the budget of the EU-funded two-year project amounts to 1.2 million euro.
The project is aimed at the establishment of a professional civil service system in Azerbaijan, said Mard, noting that European partners will work with the Azerbaijani side for two years and make recommendations on the project.
“The EU has implemented 47 twinning projects in Azerbaijan over the past decade. Hopefully, this figure will reach 50 by the end of this year,” she added.
Safa Mirzayev, head of the Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament, said this project is an important step forward.
“Azerbaijan cooperates with the EU in various areas. The working group with the EU has been operating in the Azerbaijani parliament for 8 years. Twinning projects require funding. However, proper spending of funds depends on the experience of the countries involved. Some difficulties are inevitable,” he added.
Deputy Minister of Economy Sevinj Hasanova and other speakers also underlined the importance of the project.
- 25.04.2018NGOs adopt statement on 100th anniversary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to impose new penalties for breaking rules on rallies, street marches
- 25.04.2018BHOS concludes 3rd SOCAR International Forum with conference
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan considers restriction of freedom for several offences
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new fines for violating entry and exit rules
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law on employment
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on vocational education
- 23.04.2018Jeyhun Bayramov relieved of his duties as Deputy Minister of Education
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on allocation of lump-sum financial aid to WW II veterans
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks
- 19.04.2018Health Ministry: Anemia, kidney and heart diseases widespread among pregnant women in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201837,618 abortion cases recorded in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals number of maternal deaths registered in 1Q 2018
- 19.04.2018Early marriages reported not only among Azerbaijanis living in Georgia: UNFPA study
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC develops new rules for civil service recruitment
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan: Utility costs of IDPs settled in dormitories, boarding houses to be paid by state
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC sets dates for final exams for ninth graders
- 14.02.2017SEC: Civil service recruitment process should be simplified in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan, Austria launch joint exercises for search and rescue ops during avalanches
- 13.02.2017Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan