Azerbaijani SEC presents its first int’l project
The State Examination Center of Azerbaijan (SEC) held an event on Tuesday to present its new twinning project titled “Support to the continuation of reforms in the civil service system of Azerbaijan”.
The project partners are the Azerbaijani SEC and the State Secretariat of the Republic of Lithuania.
Present at the event were Maleyka Abbaszade, chairperson of the SEC Board of Directors; Bahram Khalilov, deputy chairman of the SEC Board of Directors; Sevinj Hasanova, deputy minister of economy; Safa Mirzayev, head of the Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament.
Addressing the event, Abbaszade said the two-year project aims to contribute to further development of the professional and sustainable civil service system of Azerbaijan that is compatible with the best European practice.
According to her, the project provides support to public administration, exchange of best practices, as well as the adaptation of national legislation to EU standards.
Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation in Azerbaijan, said in her speech that the budget of the EU-funded two-year project amounts to 1.2 million euro.
The project is aimed at the establishment of a professional civil service system in Azerbaijan, said Mard, noting that European partners will work with the Azerbaijani side for two years and make recommendations on the project.
“The EU has implemented 47 twinning projects in Azerbaijan over the past decade. Hopefully, this figure will reach 50 by the end of this year,” she added.
Safa Mirzayev, head of the Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament, said this project is an important step forward.
“Azerbaijan cooperates with the EU in various areas. The working group with the EU has been operating in the Azerbaijani parliament for 8 years. Twinning projects require funding. However, proper spending of funds depends on the experience of the countries involved. Some difficulties are inevitable,” he added.
Deputy Minister of Economy Sevinj Hasanova and other speakers also underlined the importance of the project.
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC develops new rules for civil service recruitment
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan: Utility costs of IDPs settled in dormitories, boarding houses to be paid by state
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani SEC sets dates for final exams for ninth graders
- 14.02.2017SEC: Civil service recruitment process should be simplified in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan, Austria launch joint exercises for search and rescue ops during avalanches
- 13.02.2017Number of university entrance exams may be increased in Azerbaijan