Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law restricting scope of legal representatives’ activities
The Azerbaijani Parliament on Tuesday discussed draft amendments proposed to be made to the Code of Civil Procedure, the Administrative Procedure Code, as well as the Law “On advocates and advocacy”.
The same amendment to all the three documents is aimed at restricting activities of the institution of legal representation in courts, APA reported.
Ali Huseynli, chairman of Azerbaijani Parliament’s Committee on Legal Policy and State Building, said the purpose is to make court work more efficient, noting that individuals’ participation as legal representatives have been abolished in light of European experience.
The revised document allows a close relative of an individual to participate in trials as a legal representative. In this regard, amendments are made to Article 69.1-1 which was proposed as an annex to the Code of Civil Procedure.
Another amendment is that articles 1.4 and 1.6 of the Law “On advocates and advocacy” do not apply to people who appear as representatives in court until the case is settled by relevant instance courts.
The amendments will take effect on 1 December 2017.
It is noteworthy that the Chairman of the Supreme Court on October 6 proposed making amendments to be made to the Law “On advocates and advocacy”, as well as to the Code of Civil Procedure and the Administrative Procedure Code. The draft amendments ban the participation of representatives in civil and administrative hearings. Only members of the Bar Association will be allowed to take part in trials.
The draft amendment was put to the vote and approved.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018WhatsApp to limit message forwarding
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani people’s artist Rafig Huseynov to be buried in 2nd Alley of Honor in Baku
- 01.11.2017Definitive biography of Heydar Aliyev launched in UK Parliament
- 01.11.2017Preliminary investigation into case of Afghan Mukhtarli and Gozal Bayramli concluded
- 31.10.2017November weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 31.10.2017The 1st General Assembly of the “Armenia - Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform” held in Tbilisi
- 30.10.2017Drivers may be exempt from criminal liability in Azerbaijan for causing serious bodily harm