Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law restricting scope of legal representatives’ activities
The Azerbaijani Parliament on Tuesday discussed draft amendments proposed to be made to the Code of Civil Procedure, the Administrative Procedure Code, as well as the Law “On advocates and advocacy”.
The same amendment to all the three documents is aimed at restricting activities of the institution of legal representation in courts, APA reported.
Ali Huseynli, chairman of Azerbaijani Parliament’s Committee on Legal Policy and State Building, said the purpose is to make court work more efficient, noting that individuals’ participation as legal representatives have been abolished in light of European experience.
The revised document allows a close relative of an individual to participate in trials as a legal representative. In this regard, amendments are made to Article 69.1-1 which was proposed as an annex to the Code of Civil Procedure.
Another amendment is that articles 1.4 and 1.6 of the Law “On advocates and advocacy” do not apply to people who appear as representatives in court until the case is settled by relevant instance courts.
The amendments will take effect on 1 December 2017.
It is noteworthy that the Chairman of the Supreme Court on October 6 proposed making amendments to be made to the Law “On advocates and advocacy”, as well as to the Code of Civil Procedure and the Administrative Procedure Code. The draft amendments ban the participation of representatives in civil and administrative hearings. Only members of the Bar Association will be allowed to take part in trials.
The draft amendment was put to the vote and approved.
Related news releases
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate second Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of employees of a number of state-funded organizations
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on additional measures to improve water supply for several villages in Sabirabad district
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in melioration, water economy, fishery fields
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in areas of housing and communal services, transport, communications.
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in agriculture, ecology, environment protection areas
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people working in culture, youth, sports organizations
- 03.03.2018Weather condition for tomorrow announced
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani people’s artist Rafig Huseynov to be buried in 2nd Alley of Honor in Baku
- 01.11.2017Definitive biography of Heydar Aliyev launched in UK Parliament
- 01.11.2017Preliminary investigation into case of Afghan Mukhtarli and Gozal Bayramli concluded
- 31.10.2017November weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 31.10.2017The 1st General Assembly of the “Armenia - Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform” held in Tbilisi
- 30.10.2017Drivers may be exempt from criminal liability in Azerbaijan for causing serious bodily harm