Azerbaijani parliament approves candidatures of several judges
The Azerbaijani parliament considered on Friday the issues of appointing judges of different courts.
Addressing the meeting, the chairman of the parliamentary Committee on legal policy and state building, Ali Huseynli, provided information on the issue raised on the initiate of the country’s president, APA reported.
The first deputy speaker of the Azerbaijani parliament, Ziyafat Asgarov, who is also a member of the Judicial-Legal Council, spoke about the reforms carried out in country’s judicial system.
Later, Akif Iskandarov, Ahmad Nurmammadov, Mehpara Ahmadova and Rahib Nabizade were nominated for the post of judge in the Supreme Court.
It was proposed to retrieve Elshan Valiyev, a judge of the Baku Court of Appeal, of his duty and appoint him a judge in the Supreme Court on July 28.
Four more judges were nominated for the post of judge in the Sumgayit Court of Appeal.
The changes were approved after the vote.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 16.02.2018Georgian education minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018ASAN and ABAD very good Azerbaijani brands: EU envoy
- 16.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers: Families relocated from Bayil landslide area to be given rental money
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan discloses non-working days in March 2018
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani State Commission: 3,875 persons listed as missing
- 15.02.2018State Border Service detains 45 trespassers in January
- 15.02.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan prohibits holding positions of department head and dean at the same time at university
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces interview for 165 vacant positions in 6 state bodies
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on additional measures for improvement of social protection of population
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani teachers issue statement on upcoming presidential election
- 13.02.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 13.02.2018U.S. helps young IDPs build career skills
- 13.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers specifies date of final decision with regard to landslide area in Bayil
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service detains 11 foreigners
- 12.02.2018Guba Genocide Memorial Complex under reconstruction
- 12.02.2018Plan of events on 26th anniversary of Khojaly genocide approved
- 10.02.2018Four houses destoryed after landslide hits Bayil, no casualities reported
- 10.02.2018190 years pass since signing of Turkmenchay treaty
- 09.02.2018Health Ministry official proposes to allow organ trade in Azerbaijan
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani SEC reveals results of admission examination to Collegium of Advocates
- 08.02.2018Tbilisi court sentences Azerbaijani doctor to 6 years in prison
- 08.02.2018Presentation of Expo 2025 Baku held at UN Headquarters
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan sees increase in number of donors, amounts of donated blood
- 07.02.2018Armenians continue to destroy flora and fauna in occupied Azerbaijani lands – deputy minister
- 06.02.2018Quotas to be allocated for Azerbaijani students to study at Tajik universities
- 06.02.2018‘Arenda’ and ‘Toybəy’ among the most bizarre names chosen by parents for children
- 06.02.2018Baku awaits foggy weather
- 05.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of international and foreign trade unions - UPDATED
- 05.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: 265,000 people provided with apartments at state expense in Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Trade unions should focus on protecting workers' rights
- 03.02.2018Nakhchivan declared Youth Capital of 2018
- 02.02.2018Event dedicated to Youth Day held in Buta Palace
- 02.02.2018Azerbaijani president issues order on conferring President’s Award for Youth in 2018
- 02.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.87M for construction of modular-type schools in northern region
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP proposes to establish universities named after Heydar Aliyev, Mammad Amin Rasulzade and Elchibey
- 30.06.2017Judicial investigation launched into Alexander Lapshin’s case - UPDATED
- 30.06.2017Six children given up to foreigners for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 30.06.2017July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2017Beytulla Huseynov testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 29.06.2017Mehman Huseynov files appeal against court decision