Azerbaijani Education Ministry to terminate employment contracts with teachers recruited without competition
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Education will terminate employment contracts with teachers recruited without competition since 2014, the acting head of the ministry’s human resources department, Eshgi Bagirov, told reporters on Wednesday, APA reported.
“Employment contracts with those teachers will be terminated at the end of the school year. The number of those teachers hasn’t been fixed yet, and their documents are currently being checked. If then their jobs become vacant and lesson burden can not be divided among the available teachers, vacancies will be announced for those hours”, Bagirov said.
He noted that the system created by the ministry related to the vacancies is working constantly.
The ministry official said the system will be integrated into the system of salary calculation and after its full formation, negative cases will be eliminated.
Bagirov added that one of the changes made to recruitment of teachers in Azerbaijan this year is the realization of internal replacement of teachers by the Education Ministry.
“Previously, these powers belonged to local educational authorities. This year the procedure will be carried out by the Education Ministry. The necessity has arisen from hidden vacant teaching posts and other issues,” he said.
According to him, the inspections, investigations carried out in districts in 2015-2016 revealed serious shortcomings in internal replacements.
“These facts were found out during investigation of teachers’ documents during diagnostic assessment. We would carry out this process to eliminate these shortcomings,” Bagirov noted.
Related news releases
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated new building of Salyan city secondary school No 2
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-renovated Neftchala Central District Hospital
- 23.09.2017Baku holding extreme “Mübarizlər” contest for 1st time
- 22.09.2017Bicycle ride under motto of “Cycling to work” held in Baku
- 22.09.2017MP Tandilyan: Combating prostitution has become a necessity in Armenia
- 22.09.2017First endoscopic liver removal operation successfully performed in Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Balakhani Industrial Park
- 22.09.2017ANAMA, NATO to launch third phase of Jeyranchel clearance project
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan to apply new model of final and entrance exams
- 21.09.2017Number of IDP children studying in Azerbaijan’s military schools increases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 18.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov meets ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 19.05.2017Health Ministry: 108 people diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 1Q 2017
- 19.05.2017Students in some Azerbaijani universities changed electronic exam grades
- 17.05.2017Int’l seminar on human trafficking awareness kicks off in Vienna
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan launches campaign to aid Syrian children
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan’s population exceeds 9.8 million