Azerbaijani Copyright Agency issues statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians
The Copyright Agency of Azerbaijan has issued a statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians.
The melody of the song “Sen gelməz oldun” by Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev was played in the background throughout the episode, dedicated to Armenian cuisine, of the program “Путешествие за вкусом” aired on Russian TV channel Telecafe on 8 January 2017, which gave the wrong impression as if the music was Armenian, the Copyrights Agency told APA.
“Sen gelməz oldun” is one of the most famous songs by renowned Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev. The music by Alakbar Taghiyev and the lyrics by Madina Gulgun, this song was registered at the Copyrights Agency on 15 March 1973 and is known as Azerbaijani music,” the Agency said, noting that as can be seen from the archive documents, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” belongs to Azerbaijani authors.
“The Armenians played its music but they mentioned neither the authors’ names nor the music’s source. This is a blatant violation of international law. They simply aim to fame Armenian performers by not mentioning the music’s source,” the Agency said.
The Agency noted that Alakbar Taghiyev’s son, Khaliq Taghiyev, confirmed that performer Gasparyan did not ask him for permission to perform the music.
“In general, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” is popular not only in Azerbaijan, but outside the country as well. Belarusian singer Tatyana Eduardovna Lipnitskaya known as Bianka and Uzbek singer Oksana Vladimirovna Nechitaylo known as Sogdiana illegally used the music of the song. At that time, the Copyright Agency took necessary measures in this regard and held talks with the relevant authorities of Belarus and Uzbekistan,” the Agency added.
“For many years, Armenians have been continuing to steal and appropriate Azerbaijani musical works, folklore and other non-material cultural heritage. For example, Armenians has for many years been trying to present Azerbaijan’s “Sarı Gelin”, “Susan-sunbul”, and tens of other folk songs, “Yallı”, “Vagzalı”, “Kochari”, “Uzundere”, “Mirzeyi” dances, and our ancient musical instruments (tar, balaban , zurna), even works of famous Azerbaijani composers Uzeyir Hajibayli, Gara Garayev, Fikrat Amirov, as well as songs of modern composers as examples of their own,” the Agency said.
The Copyright Agency said it is in fight against such cases and has sent a letter to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), with the facts proving intellectual property theft by Armenians.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended commencement ceremony at ADA University
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan names new deputy education minister - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 27th anniversary of January 20 tragedy
- 13.01.2017Turkish Higher Education Council explains reasons for non-recognition of Qafqaz University diplomas
- 11.01.2017About 1,700 babies die in Azerbaijan per year
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan’s state oil fund to allocate over 29M manats for study abroad program
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of residential building for MES officers in Nakhchivan