Azerbaijani Copyright Agency issues statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians
The Copyright Agency of Azerbaijan has issued a statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians.
The melody of the song “Sen gelməz oldun” by Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev was played in the background throughout the episode, dedicated to Armenian cuisine, of the program “Путешествие за вкусом” aired on Russian TV channel Telecafe on 8 January 2017, which gave the wrong impression as if the music was Armenian, the Copyrights Agency told APA.
“Sen gelməz oldun” is one of the most famous songs by renowned Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev. The music by Alakbar Taghiyev and the lyrics by Madina Gulgun, this song was registered at the Copyrights Agency on 15 March 1973 and is known as Azerbaijani music,” the Agency said, noting that as can be seen from the archive documents, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” belongs to Azerbaijani authors.
“The Armenians played its music but they mentioned neither the authors’ names nor the music’s source. This is a blatant violation of international law. They simply aim to fame Armenian performers by not mentioning the music’s source,” the Agency said.
The Agency noted that Alakbar Taghiyev’s son, Khaliq Taghiyev, confirmed that performer Gasparyan did not ask him for permission to perform the music.
“In general, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” is popular not only in Azerbaijan, but outside the country as well. Belarusian singer Tatyana Eduardovna Lipnitskaya known as Bianka and Uzbek singer Oksana Vladimirovna Nechitaylo known as Sogdiana illegally used the music of the song. At that time, the Copyright Agency took necessary measures in this regard and held talks with the relevant authorities of Belarus and Uzbekistan,” the Agency added.
“For many years, Armenians have been continuing to steal and appropriate Azerbaijani musical works, folklore and other non-material cultural heritage. For example, Armenians has for many years been trying to present Azerbaijan’s “Sarı Gelin”, “Susan-sunbul”, and tens of other folk songs, “Yallı”, “Vagzalı”, “Kochari”, “Uzundere”, “Mirzeyi” dances, and our ancient musical instruments (tar, balaban , zurna), even works of famous Azerbaijani composers Uzeyir Hajibayli, Gara Garayev, Fikrat Amirov, as well as songs of modern composers as examples of their own,” the Agency said.
The Copyright Agency said it is in fight against such cases and has sent a letter to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), with the facts proving intellectual property theft by Armenians.
Related news releases
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan declares 4 days off for Eid al-Adha
- 07.08.2017Interior Ministry and Prosecutor’s Office issue joint statement on traffic accident caused by ‘Gelandewagen’
- 07.08.2017Prosecutor seeks penalty for woman for falsely presenting herself as MNS officials
- 05.08.2017Temperature to be 38C in Baku, 40C in regions tomorrow
- 04.08.2017President: Level of unemployment and poverty to reduce more
- 04.08.2017Argument erupts during trial of former MNS general
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launches new electrical substation in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of 180-seat orphanage-kindergarten in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opened in Gakh
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Zagatala
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of ABAD Center in Balakan
- 03.08.2017Flag Museum opens in Balakan
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title on 20 January martyr
- 02.08.2017Ministry of Emergency Situations call on the public to abide by safety regulations on beaches
- 02.08.2017Azerbaijani President attends opening of Pirshagi-Novkhani and Binagadi-Novkhani-Corat highways
- 01.08.2017Baku Higher Oil School students undertake internship at BP
- 31.07.2017Zakir Garalov: Imprisoned MNS officials’ properties worth AZN 56mln under arrest
- 31.07.2017UNEC Business School graduates get global job opportunities
- 31.07.2017Solar eclipse to occur next month
- 29.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty takes aptitude test
- 28.07.2017Interior Minister of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 28.07.2017Program Manager from Massachusetts Institute of Technology visits Baku Higher Oil School
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijan publicizes number of people bitten by snakes in July
- 28.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 5-year sentence for ex-official of liquidated ministry
- 28.07.2017State Examination Center addresses applicants who took entrance exam on July 27
- 28.07.2017The number of people released from arrest has increased by 28% over the past year in Azerbaijan
- 27.07.201783 people killed, 159 injured in emergency situations in Azerbaijan this year
- 27.07.2017Lapshin appeals to Azerbaijani Justice Ministry for his extradition to Israel
- 27.07.2017Temperature in Baku to reach 34-39C in late July
- 27.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov, Beytulla Huseynov each get 13 years in prison - UPDATED
- 27.07.2017Applicants evacuated due to fire retake entrance exams
- 26.07.2017Justice Ministry: Lapshin’s request for his extradition to Israel may be considered
- 26.07.2017Alexander Lapshin refuses to file appeal, asks to be extradited to Israel
- 26.07.2017Prosecutor General’s Office: Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted for evading investigation - UPDATED
- 26.07.2017Former head of Bank Standard declared internationally wanted
- 26.07.2017Applicants for journalism specialty to take aptitude test
- 25.07.2017Trial of former Azerbaijani ministry official continues
- 25.07.2017Man detained for illegally cutting down trees
- 25.07.2017Criminal case opened against Olympic champion who caused fatal accident in Baku
- 25.07.20172,350 Azerbaijani citizens serving sentences in Russian prisons
- 14.08.2017Baku to host Global Young Leaders Forum
- 16.08.2017Prosecutor seeks 15 years for Akif Chovdarov - UPDATED
- 14.08.2017Ghulam Isaczai: Azerbaijani young people are energetic, innovative and inspirational
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijan announces university placement results
- 09.08.2017Iran building hospitals near border with Azerbaijan