Azerbaijani Copyright Agency issues statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians
The Copyright Agency of Azerbaijan has issued a statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians.
The melody of the song “Sen gelməz oldun” by Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev was played in the background throughout the episode, dedicated to Armenian cuisine, of the program “Путешествие за вкусом” aired on Russian TV channel Telecafe on 8 January 2017, which gave the wrong impression as if the music was Armenian, the Copyrights Agency told APA.
“Sen gelməz oldun” is one of the most famous songs by renowned Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev. The music by Alakbar Taghiyev and the lyrics by Madina Gulgun, this song was registered at the Copyrights Agency on 15 March 1973 and is known as Azerbaijani music,” the Agency said, noting that as can be seen from the archive documents, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” belongs to Azerbaijani authors.
“The Armenians played its music but they mentioned neither the authors’ names nor the music’s source. This is a blatant violation of international law. They simply aim to fame Armenian performers by not mentioning the music’s source,” the Agency said.
The Agency noted that Alakbar Taghiyev’s son, Khaliq Taghiyev, confirmed that performer Gasparyan did not ask him for permission to perform the music.
“In general, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” is popular not only in Azerbaijan, but outside the country as well. Belarusian singer Tatyana Eduardovna Lipnitskaya known as Bianka and Uzbek singer Oksana Vladimirovna Nechitaylo known as Sogdiana illegally used the music of the song. At that time, the Copyright Agency took necessary measures in this regard and held talks with the relevant authorities of Belarus and Uzbekistan,” the Agency added.
“For many years, Armenians have been continuing to steal and appropriate Azerbaijani musical works, folklore and other non-material cultural heritage. For example, Armenians has for many years been trying to present Azerbaijan’s “Sarı Gelin”, “Susan-sunbul”, and tens of other folk songs, “Yallı”, “Vagzalı”, “Kochari”, “Uzundere”, “Mirzeyi” dances, and our ancient musical instruments (tar, balaban , zurna), even works of famous Azerbaijani composers Uzeyir Hajibayli, Gara Garayev, Fikrat Amirov, as well as songs of modern composers as examples of their own,” the Agency said.
The Copyright Agency said it is in fight against such cases and has sent a letter to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), with the facts proving intellectual property theft by Armenians.
Related news releases
- 29.06.2017Beytulla Huseynov testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 29.06.2017Mehman Huseynov files appeal against court decision
- 29.06.2017Investigation into criminal cases against ex-Azerbaijani diplomat and person who emigrated illegally suspended
- 29.06.2017Baku Zoo to undergo reconstruction
- 29.06.2017Children who can’t enter lyceums and gymnasiums to be admitted to other schools in Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2017Internal management at Azerbaijani universities undergoes changes
- 28.06.2017Quake hits Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2017Facebook hits two billion users
- 26.06.2017Baku’s central streets to reopen for full public use this evening as F-1 race comes to a close
- 23.06.2017Team that always plays ‘away’: story of Garabagh FC comes to Stamford Bridge
- 23.06.2017Moldovan president visits Formula 1 Paddock
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Public legal entity status will open up new opportunities for development of higher education
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to have five non-working days on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Final exams for IX-XI graders starts in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Former Azerbaijani health minister gets his appeal denied by court
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on telecommunications
- 22.06.2017Preliminary hearing held for Alexander Lapshin - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Two Universities in Azerbaijan to get public legal entity status
- 21.06.2017Sayyaf Ismayilov awarded “Honored Civil Servant” title
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on granting young talents a special stipend
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry comments on lawyers’ statement about Akif Chovdarov’s health
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry: Doctors are closely following Lapshin’s health condition
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of Narimanov District Court
- 20.06.2017US Embassy celebrates opening of Ganja American Corner
- 20.06.2017Court rejects Afgan Mukhtarli’s petition
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 19.06.2017Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja
- 17.06.2017Traffic police address drivers in connection with Formula 1
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan University of Languages to get public legal entity status
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on healthcare workers
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan allocates two hospitals for F1 Grand Prix
- 16.06.2017Number of official unemployed population announced
- 16.06.20174-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Number of Azerbaijan population increases 0.3%
- 16.06.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Jalilabad
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan names new deputy education minister - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 27th anniversary of January 20 tragedy
- 13.01.2017Turkish Higher Education Council explains reasons for non-recognition of Qafqaz University diplomas
- 11.01.2017About 1,700 babies die in Azerbaijan per year
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan’s state oil fund to allocate over 29M manats for study abroad program
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of residential building for MES officers in Nakhchivan