Azerbaijani Copyright Agency issues statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians
The Copyright Agency of Azerbaijan has issued a statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians.
The melody of the song “Sen gelməz oldun” by Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev was played in the background throughout the episode, dedicated to Armenian cuisine, of the program “Путешествие за вкусом” aired on Russian TV channel Telecafe on 8 January 2017, which gave the wrong impression as if the music was Armenian, the Copyrights Agency told APA.
“Sen gelməz oldun” is one of the most famous songs by renowned Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev. The music by Alakbar Taghiyev and the lyrics by Madina Gulgun, this song was registered at the Copyrights Agency on 15 March 1973 and is known as Azerbaijani music,” the Agency said, noting that as can be seen from the archive documents, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” belongs to Azerbaijani authors.
“The Armenians played its music but they mentioned neither the authors’ names nor the music’s source. This is a blatant violation of international law. They simply aim to fame Armenian performers by not mentioning the music’s source,” the Agency said.
The Agency noted that Alakbar Taghiyev’s son, Khaliq Taghiyev, confirmed that performer Gasparyan did not ask him for permission to perform the music.
“In general, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” is popular not only in Azerbaijan, but outside the country as well. Belarusian singer Tatyana Eduardovna Lipnitskaya known as Bianka and Uzbek singer Oksana Vladimirovna Nechitaylo known as Sogdiana illegally used the music of the song. At that time, the Copyright Agency took necessary measures in this regard and held talks with the relevant authorities of Belarus and Uzbekistan,” the Agency added.
“For many years, Armenians have been continuing to steal and appropriate Azerbaijani musical works, folklore and other non-material cultural heritage. For example, Armenians has for many years been trying to present Azerbaijan’s “Sarı Gelin”, “Susan-sunbul”, and tens of other folk songs, “Yallı”, “Vagzalı”, “Kochari”, “Uzundere”, “Mirzeyi” dances, and our ancient musical instruments (tar, balaban , zurna), even works of famous Azerbaijani composers Uzeyir Hajibayli, Gara Garayev, Fikrat Amirov, as well as songs of modern composers as examples of their own,” the Agency said.
The Copyright Agency said it is in fight against such cases and has sent a letter to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), with the facts proving intellectual property theft by Armenians.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2017Changeable cloudy and dry weather predicted in Baku
- 22.03.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 20.03.2017Azercell supports international event in Baku
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP’s nephew charged with swindle released in courtroom
- 17.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 17.03.2017Albanian president awarded title of honorary doctor of Azerbaijan University of Languages
- 17.03.201714 female inmates pardoned Azerbaijan's president
- 17.03.2017Pardon order: 40 inmates released from Correctional Facility No. 13
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan starts execution of presidential order on pardon
- 16.03.2017Rector appointed to Baku Engineering University
- 16.03.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MES: Project for 1st micro-district to cover more areas in case it proves successful
- 15.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 14.03.2017Two-time European karate champion standing trial on drug charges
- 14.03.2017Dust clouds over Turkmenistan to hit Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Hearing in case of former MNS generals postponed
- 14.03.2017Supreme Court considers IBA ex-chairman’s appeal
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijani court rejects appeal of former OMON members
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Last Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 13.03.2017Alexander Lapshin meets lawyer
- 13.03.2017Dust storm from Arabian Desert hits Baku
- 13.03.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Aghdash
- 13.03.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill prohibiting smoking in public places
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announce dates of entrance exams for master’s degree
- 10.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announces admission to masters degree
- 09.03.2017Former MNS employees plead not guilty - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal is to provide 4,000 IDP families with apartments in Baku and Sumgayit
- 09.03.2017US ambassador begins trip to Azerbaijan’s southern region
- 08.03.2017Today marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2017Polluted environments kill 1.7 million children each year: WHO
- 06.03.2017Tariff Council determines exam entry fees - LIST
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan names new deputy education minister - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 27th anniversary of January 20 tragedy
- 13.01.2017Turkish Higher Education Council explains reasons for non-recognition of Qafqaz University diplomas
- 11.01.2017About 1,700 babies die in Azerbaijan per year
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan’s state oil fund to allocate over 29M manats for study abroad program
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of residential building for MES officers in Nakhchivan