Azerbaijani Copyright Agency issues statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians
The Copyright Agency of Azerbaijan has issued a statement about another intellectual property theft by Armenians.
The melody of the song “Sen gelməz oldun” by Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev was played in the background throughout the episode, dedicated to Armenian cuisine, of the program “Путешествие за вкусом” aired on Russian TV channel Telecafe on 8 January 2017, which gave the wrong impression as if the music was Armenian, the Copyrights Agency told APA.
“Sen gelməz oldun” is one of the most famous songs by renowned Azerbaijani composer Alakbar Taghiyev. The music by Alakbar Taghiyev and the lyrics by Madina Gulgun, this song was registered at the Copyrights Agency on 15 March 1973 and is known as Azerbaijani music,” the Agency said, noting that as can be seen from the archive documents, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” belongs to Azerbaijani authors.
“The Armenians played its music but they mentioned neither the authors’ names nor the music’s source. This is a blatant violation of international law. They simply aim to fame Armenian performers by not mentioning the music’s source,” the Agency said.
The Agency noted that Alakbar Taghiyev’s son, Khaliq Taghiyev, confirmed that performer Gasparyan did not ask him for permission to perform the music.
“In general, the song “Sen gelməz oldun” is popular not only in Azerbaijan, but outside the country as well. Belarusian singer Tatyana Eduardovna Lipnitskaya known as Bianka and Uzbek singer Oksana Vladimirovna Nechitaylo known as Sogdiana illegally used the music of the song. At that time, the Copyright Agency took necessary measures in this regard and held talks with the relevant authorities of Belarus and Uzbekistan,” the Agency added.
“For many years, Armenians have been continuing to steal and appropriate Azerbaijani musical works, folklore and other non-material cultural heritage. For example, Armenians has for many years been trying to present Azerbaijan’s “Sarı Gelin”, “Susan-sunbul”, and tens of other folk songs, “Yallı”, “Vagzalı”, “Kochari”, “Uzundere”, “Mirzeyi” dances, and our ancient musical instruments (tar, balaban , zurna), even works of famous Azerbaijani composers Uzeyir Hajibayli, Gara Garayev, Fikrat Amirov, as well as songs of modern composers as examples of their own,” the Agency said.
The Copyright Agency said it is in fight against such cases and has sent a letter to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), with the facts proving intellectual property theft by Armenians.
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017Trials proceeds for ex-officials of Azerbaijan’s liquidated ministry of security
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijani court sentences Russian citizen of Armenian origin to 8 years in prison
- 28.04.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Gobustan
- 28.04.2017May weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission rejects allegations of pardon for a person who wasn’t listed
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold first university entrance exams on April 30
- 27.04.2017MP: Some cafes and restaurants in Azerbaijan offer hookahs containing drugs
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijan's former health minister gets 7 years and 5 days in prison - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017New prosecutor of Baku appointed
- 25.04.2017Victim testifies in trial of Azerbaijani MNS ex-officials
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani MP: People are unsure what currency to choose to save their money
- 25.04.2017Baku city prosecutor Aziz Seyidov elected judge of Supreme Court
- 25.04.2017Baku court holds preliminary hearing on case of APFP member arrested over FETO links
- 25.04.2017Starvation looms for 20 million, UN agricultural advisory group told at opening session
- 24.04.2017Akif Chovdarov’s trial continues
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders payment of allowances to World War II participants
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani soldiers wounded in April battles provided with artificial limbs on initiative of First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 24.04.2017About 7 million people in Azerbaijan at risk of contracting malaria – ministry
- 21.04.2017EU, Azerbaijani SEC hold joint seminar
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to ban ads of potential harm to children
- 21.04.2017Canadian doctors discover first antibiotic in 30 years
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan declares two non-working days in May
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast: Strong winds expected in coming days
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3 mln to Youth Foundation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan: 62 killed, 212 injured in emergencies since early 2017
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan issues licenses to 14 companies delivering television programming over Internet
- 19.04.2017The plan for admission of students will be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers
- 18.04.2017One child given up to foreigner for adoption in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2017Attorneys in MNS case refuse to speak to the press
- 18.04.2017CoE experts’ report on NGOs presented in Baku
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan State Examination Center appeals to applicants over second entrance exams
- 17.04.2017Residents of the "Sovietski" addressed a letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2017Number of Azerbaijani population announced
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates participants of 1st Int’l Forum of Caucasus Studies Scholars
- 17.04.2017New deputy health minister appointed in Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan
- 15.04.2017President Aliyev gives instruction to stop construction of residential building in Yasamal district
- 15.04.2017Azerbaijan to start diagnostic evaluation of teachers in several districts from tomorrow
- 14.04.2017Over 1,400 foreigners violated Azerbaijan’s administrative legislation in March
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament passes bill restricting tobacco use
- 14.04.2017Baku Education Department: No violations recorded during teacher recruitment
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijan names new deputy education minister - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 27th anniversary of January 20 tragedy
- 13.01.2017Turkish Higher Education Council explains reasons for non-recognition of Qafqaz University diplomas
- 11.01.2017About 1,700 babies die in Azerbaijan per year
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan’s state oil fund to allocate over 29M manats for study abroad program
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of residential building for MES officers in Nakhchivan