Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan
“Enhancement of National Capacities to Combat Human Trafficking in Azerbaijan (ENCT)” project by the Delegation of the European Union to Azerbaijan and International Organization for Migration has been presented, APA reports.
Speaking at the presentation ceremony of the project mainly funded by the EU and co-founded by IOM International Development Fund, Azerbaijani Deputy Foreign Minister Mahmud Mammadguliyev noted that the fight against human trafficking is one of the most important policy priorities of Azerbaijani government. He said that Azerbaijan is carrying out consistent and purposeful policy in this regard. “This policy is based on prevention, monitoring and protection. Azerbaijan attaches great importance to international cooperation in this field. I hope that the project will contribute to the further development of Azerbaijan’s potential in this field. Such projects open up a great opportunity to expand bilateral cooperation,” he added.
Head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Malena Mard stressed that the fight against human trafficking is an important priority for the EU. “Unfortunately, an increase is recently observed in this sphere. Therefore, the cooperation is very important in this regard,” she noted.
Chief of the Main Department on Combating Trafficking in Human Beings at the Ministry of Internal Affairs Heydar Heydarov revealed the statistics of human trafficking in Azerbaijan noting that they make less than one percent of total crimes.
Then, Shareen Tuladhar, Head of Migrants Assistance Unit presented the project.
“Enhancement of National Capacities to Combat Human Trafficking in Azerbaijan (ENCT)” project will be implemented in Azerbaijan in 2016-2018 within the Institutional Reform Plan II (IRP-II) of the EU-Azerbaijan Comprehensive Institutional Building Program adopted by the EU and Azerbaijan in 2012.
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ali bey Huseynzade’s daughter “Dostlug” Order
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate second Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of employees of a number of state-funded organizations
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on additional measures to improve water supply for several villages in Sabirabad district
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in melioration, water economy, fishery fields
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in areas of housing and communal services, transport, communications.
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in agriculture, ecology, environment protection areas
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people working in culture, youth, sports organizations
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Aziz Sancar: When I was awarded Nobel Prize, entire Turkic world was pleased
- 12.06.2017UNEC hosts conference dedicated to Nobel Prize winner Aziz Sancar
- 11.06.2017More than 15,000 applicants taking mock exam in Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2017Farewell ceremony held for Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev in Baku
- 10.06.2017Azerbaijani gov’t members, representatives of public attend funeral for Energy Minister Natig Aliyev