Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan
“Enhancement of National Capacities to Combat Human Trafficking in Azerbaijan (ENCT)” project by the Delegation of the European Union to Azerbaijan and International Organization for Migration has been presented, APA reports.
Speaking at the presentation ceremony of the project mainly funded by the EU and co-founded by IOM International Development Fund, Azerbaijani Deputy Foreign Minister Mahmud Mammadguliyev noted that the fight against human trafficking is one of the most important policy priorities of Azerbaijani government. He said that Azerbaijan is carrying out consistent and purposeful policy in this regard. “This policy is based on prevention, monitoring and protection. Azerbaijan attaches great importance to international cooperation in this field. I hope that the project will contribute to the further development of Azerbaijan’s potential in this field. Such projects open up a great opportunity to expand bilateral cooperation,” he added.
Head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Malena Mard stressed that the fight against human trafficking is an important priority for the EU. “Unfortunately, an increase is recently observed in this sphere. Therefore, the cooperation is very important in this regard,” she noted.
Chief of the Main Department on Combating Trafficking in Human Beings at the Ministry of Internal Affairs Heydar Heydarov revealed the statistics of human trafficking in Azerbaijan noting that they make less than one percent of total crimes.
Then, Shareen Tuladhar, Head of Migrants Assistance Unit presented the project.
“Enhancement of National Capacities to Combat Human Trafficking in Azerbaijan (ENCT)” project will be implemented in Azerbaijan in 2016-2018 within the Institutional Reform Plan II (IRP-II) of the EU-Azerbaijan Comprehensive Institutional Building Program adopted by the EU and Azerbaijan in 2012.
- 26.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended commencement ceremony at ADA University
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Aziz Sancar: When I was awarded Nobel Prize, entire Turkic world was pleased
- 12.06.2017UNEC hosts conference dedicated to Nobel Prize winner Aziz Sancar
- 11.06.2017More than 15,000 applicants taking mock exam in Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2017Farewell ceremony held for Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev in Baku
- 10.06.2017Azerbaijani gov’t members, representatives of public attend funeral for Energy Minister Natig Aliyev