Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
The State Examination Center (SEC) of Azerbaijan is holding the first round of graduation exams for those receiving (9-year) secondary education.
Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of the State Examination Center (SEC), Maleyka Abbaszade, told a press conference that for those who did not take the exam for good reasons or took part in the final assessment in an external form, as well as those who want to enter secondary specialized educational institutions with 9-year base, these exams will be held in April, APA reported.
According to her, in the first round, students' reading comprehension, writing and mathematical skills will be checked by way of writing tasks.
The chairwoman said that it is the first time this type of testing will be applied and that answers will be checked by experts at the SEC and its regional branches.
She noted that the SEC is working to create a public council in order to organize the exams, supervise the checking of writing tasks, and ensure transparency.
Abbaszade added that members of the public council will be selected by the SEC Board of Directors and that they will be trained and given information about their duties.
To apply for the membership, civil society institutions and non-governmental organizations, parent-teacher associations, educational experts, and media representatives must download and fill in the form and send it to email@example.com. Members will not be given a salary, grant, or any kind of payment.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan simplifies visa procedures for 2017 Formula 1 Grand Prix
- 19.01.2018Traffic to be restricted on some roads of Baku on January 20
- 18.01.2018Teymur Bunyadov awarded Shohrat Order
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first stage of paid mock exam for master admission
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases salaries of teachers working in state vocational education institutions
- 17.01.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final, entrance exams in 2018
- 16.01.2018Keshikchi Dag monastery needs to be repaired – Azerbaijani State Service
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 29.12.2017January weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan makes structural changes to Economy Ministry
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles upon several people on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency