Azerbaijan to apply writing tasks for college admission for first time
The State Examination Center (SEC) of Azerbaijan is holding the first round of graduation exams for those receiving (9-year) secondary education.
Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of the State Examination Center (SEC), Maleyka Abbaszade, told a press conference that for those who did not take the exam for good reasons or took part in the final assessment in an external form, as well as those who want to enter secondary specialized educational institutions with 9-year base, these exams will be held in April, APA reported.
According to her, in the first round, students' reading comprehension, writing and mathematical skills will be checked by way of writing tasks.
The chairwoman said that it is the first time this type of testing will be applied and that answers will be checked by experts at the SEC and its regional branches.
She noted that the SEC is working to create a public council in order to organize the exams, supervise the checking of writing tasks, and ensure transparency.
Abbaszade added that members of the public council will be selected by the SEC Board of Directors and that they will be trained and given information about their duties.
To apply for the membership, civil society institutions and non-governmental organizations, parent-teacher associations, educational experts, and media representatives must download and fill in the form and send it to email@example.com. Members will not be given a salary, grant, or any kind of payment.
Related news releases
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated new building of Salyan city secondary school No 2
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-renovated Neftchala Central District Hospital
- 23.09.2017Baku holding extreme “Mübarizlər” contest for 1st time
- 22.09.2017Bicycle ride under motto of “Cycling to work” held in Baku
- 22.09.2017MP Tandilyan: Combating prostitution has become a necessity in Armenia
- 22.09.2017First endoscopic liver removal operation successfully performed in Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Balakhani Industrial Park
- 22.09.2017ANAMA, NATO to launch third phase of Jeyranchel clearance project
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan to apply new model of final and entrance exams
- 21.09.2017Number of IDP children studying in Azerbaijan’s military schools increases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani court pronounces verdict against former navy chief
- 18.03.2017Commission for the Regulation and Coordination of Labor Relations established in Azerbaijan
- 20.03.2017Spring comes to Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry to work on enhanced mode during holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan completes execution of president’s pardon order
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan extends deadline for document admission to master’s degree and residency