Azerbaijan starts relocating IDPs from buildings that are in disrepair
Chairman of the State Committee of Azerbaijan for Work with Refugees and IDPs, Chairman of the Republican Commission on International Humanitarian Assistance Ali Hasanov on Friday met with refugees settled in “Shafaq” sanatorium situated in Sariqaya, Binaqadi district.
Hasanov announced that a decision has already been taken on the relocation of IDPs from the buildings that are in disrepair.
He said the necessary amount has already been allocated. In the first stage, the IDPs living in a building in Baku’s Khazar district and two buildings (a total of 260 IDP families) in Ganja Avenue will be relocated.
The committee chairman said that sites for construction have already been chosen and a five-storey, 50-unit residential building will be constructed in the empty plot of land in the area of 450-family block nearby Sabunchu district’s Ramana settlement, a five-storey, 50-unit residential building and two five-story, 80-unit residential buildings in the empty plot of land in the area of 760-family block nearby Absheron district’s Masazir settlement. The projects will be implemented in a short time and construction of the buildings will be started.
Saying that numerous applications are received from the Shafag sanatorium, Hasanov stressed that the situation is very miserable.
“We intended to do temporary repair work. However, it is impossible here. If possible, we will do some repair work in separate houses nearby the sanatorium. However, I will report to the leadership about the situation of this sanatorium. A decision will be passed and we will fulfill it promptly”, he added.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended commencement ceremony at ADA University
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 04.02.2017Weather forecast for Feb 5: dry weather expected in Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017Photo exhibition that captures plight of Azerbaijani IDPs opens in Düsseldorf
- 06.02.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation to support Baku Marathon 2017
- 03.02.2017New children’s magazine presented in Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2017Judge of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court awarded title of ‘Honored lawyer’
- 02.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards group of young people