Azerbaijan sacks directors of forest protection and restoration enterprises for four districts
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources said on Wednesday that it inspected the situation with regard to forest protection in a number of forest protection and restoration enterprises.
The inspection was conducted in accordance with the action plan of the ministry’s forestry department.
The inspection uncovered numerous shortcomings in the activities of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala and Gusar districts.
Directors of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Zagatala, Gabala, Masalli and Gusar were dismissed as they failed to fulfill labor contract obligations and appropriately control the work of the employees and breached the requirements of environmental legislation, and serious disciplinary measures were taken against the directors of the relevant enterprises of Shabran and Oghuz districts.
Forestmen, their assistants, and guards from forest protection and restoration facilities in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala, and Gusar have been dismissed and taken drastic disciplinary measures against.
Necessary measures are being taken to compensate for the damage caused to the forest foundation and for the activities of persons responsible to be given legal assessment.
In accordance with the action plan of the forestry department, inspections will continue throughout the year.
Related news releases
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan exempting drug addicts from criminal liability
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani court to begin hearing on appeal of former ministry officials on Oct. 3
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated new building of Salyan city secondary school No 2
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-renovated Neftchala Central District Hospital
- 23.09.2017Baku holding extreme “Mübarizlər” contest for 1st time
- 22.09.2017Bicycle ride under motto of “Cycling to work” held in Baku
- 22.09.2017MP Tandilyan: Combating prostitution has become a necessity in Armenia
- 22.09.2017First endoscopic liver removal operation successfully performed in Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Balakhani Industrial Park
- 22.09.2017ANAMA, NATO to launch third phase of Jeyranchel clearance project
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan to apply new model of final and entrance exams
- 21.09.2017Number of IDP children studying in Azerbaijan’s military schools increases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijan SEC announces results of entrance exams
- 04.05.2017Over 200 families expressed desire to return to Jojug Marjanli – deputy PM
- 04.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Poverty level among IDPs falls to 12 percent
- 03.05.2017Traffic to be restricted on Heydar Aliyev Avenue
- 03.05.2017ASAN Service centers receive 15 millionth appeal
- 02.05.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Foundation of First President of Kazakhstan sign MoU for cooperation