Azerbaijan sacks directors of forest protection and restoration enterprises for four districts
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources said on Wednesday that it inspected the situation with regard to forest protection in a number of forest protection and restoration enterprises.
The inspection was conducted in accordance with the action plan of the ministry’s forestry department.
The inspection uncovered numerous shortcomings in the activities of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala and Gusar districts.
Directors of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Zagatala, Gabala, Masalli and Gusar were dismissed as they failed to fulfill labor contract obligations and appropriately control the work of the employees and breached the requirements of environmental legislation, and serious disciplinary measures were taken against the directors of the relevant enterprises of Shabran and Oghuz districts.
Forestmen, their assistants, and guards from forest protection and restoration facilities in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala, and Gusar have been dismissed and taken drastic disciplinary measures against.
Necessary measures are being taken to compensate for the damage caused to the forest foundation and for the activities of persons responsible to be given legal assessment.
In accordance with the action plan of the forestry department, inspections will continue throughout the year.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan stiffening penalties against violation of rules restricting tobacco use
- 24.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Zardab
- 24.11.2017About 2.6 million children live in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.20173 million robotic surgeries carried out throughout world in 2016
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Seismic Survey Center releases info on consequences of 6-magnnitude quake in Aghdam
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan appeals to int’l organizations to return body of its soldier
- 23.11.2017Upper level of need criteria set at AZN 116
- 23.11.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 22.11.2017Number of Armenians living in Azerbaijan revealed
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani Parl’t deputy speaker stresses need for reforms in law enforcement, security and judicial bodies
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani MP calls for more spending on healthcare
- 22.11.2017MP proposes creating business incubators in Azerbaijan’s educational institutions
- 22.11.2017Baku hosts int’l conference on promoting tolerance among youth
- 22.11.2017Leyla Aliyeva meets with UNICEF regional director
- 22.11.201720 judges, including 7 chairmen of courts dismissed in Azerbaijan this year
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani state should provide serious support for treatment of autistic children – MP
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijan SEC announces results of entrance exams
- 04.05.2017Over 200 families expressed desire to return to Jojug Marjanli – deputy PM
- 04.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Poverty level among IDPs falls to 12 percent
- 03.05.2017Traffic to be restricted on Heydar Aliyev Avenue
- 03.05.2017ASAN Service centers receive 15 millionth appeal
- 02.05.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Foundation of First President of Kazakhstan sign MoU for cooperation