Azerbaijan sacks directors of forest protection and restoration enterprises for four districts
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources said on Wednesday that it inspected the situation with regard to forest protection in a number of forest protection and restoration enterprises.
The inspection was conducted in accordance with the action plan of the ministry’s forestry department.
The inspection uncovered numerous shortcomings in the activities of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala and Gusar districts.
Directors of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Zagatala, Gabala, Masalli and Gusar were dismissed as they failed to fulfill labor contract obligations and appropriately control the work of the employees and breached the requirements of environmental legislation, and serious disciplinary measures were taken against the directors of the relevant enterprises of Shabran and Oghuz districts.
Forestmen, their assistants, and guards from forest protection and restoration facilities in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala, and Gusar have been dismissed and taken drastic disciplinary measures against.
Necessary measures are being taken to compensate for the damage caused to the forest foundation and for the activities of persons responsible to be given legal assessment.
In accordance with the action plan of the forestry department, inspections will continue throughout the year.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2017President: Investments to be made in pharmaceutical factories amount to $100 million
- 21.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Drinking water supply projects successfully implemented in Azerbaijan
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views plans of work to be done in center of Pirallahi
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards Avaz Alakbarov
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Nearly 80 percent of Azerbaijani population is internet users
- 20.07.2017Alexander Lapshin sentenced to 3 years in prison
- 19.07.2017Article by TEAS director published on website of “Peace and Sport” organization
- 19.07.2017Delegation of Pakistan’s National Disaster Management Authority arrives in Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 4.5 years behind bars for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 19.07.2017UN report: 443,000 teens give birth in Eastern Europe and Central Asia every year
- 19.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 18.07.2017Opening of new TV channel proposed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017ANAMA: 300ha area cleared of mine, UXOs in Jojug Marjanli
- 17.07.2017Kamran Aliyev: In Azerbaijan more bribes offered than taken
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan concludes investigation into 19 criminal cases on banking sector
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan completes investigation into criminal cases of 133 officials charged with corruption
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created in new park in Yasamal
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani President warns officials, businessmen against cutting down trees
- 15.07.2017Int’l dolma festival held in Azerbaijan’s Khachmaz
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly built park in Yasamal district
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Health Ministry: 12,036 people wishing to marry diagnosed with thalassemia
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry: Application for transfer of students to begin on July 17
- 14.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Names of journalists to be given apartments will be announced on July 21
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold entrance exams on II and III specialty groups
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on education
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan bans advertising of abortion and artificial fermentation
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani President: Some public servants misbehave and make blatant mistakes
- 12.07.2017Judicial investigation into Alexander Lapshin’s case concludes
- 12.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints new chairpersons to several courts of appeal
- 11.07.2017New chairpersons appointed to civil, military collegiums of Azerbaijani Supreme Court
- 11.07.2017APA photographers among best of Baku 2017
- 11.07.2017Lapshin’s trial postponed
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor’s Office receives submission on initiation of criminal case against former national security minister
- 10.07.2017Former MNS official stripped of his rank of colonel, jailed for 12 years
- 10.07.2017SEC announces date of new test exams for civil service recruitment
- 10.07.2017SEC: 11-grade final exam results roughly same as last year’s
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Cases of abuse reported in fixed-term employment
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC makes changes in test exams for civil service recruitment
- 08.07.2017Health Ministry: 275 newborns screened in Azerbaijan over last four months
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijan SEC announces results of entrance exams
- 04.05.2017Over 200 families expressed desire to return to Jojug Marjanli – deputy PM
- 04.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Poverty level among IDPs falls to 12 percent
- 03.05.2017Traffic to be restricted on Heydar Aliyev Avenue
- 03.05.2017ASAN Service centers receive 15 millionth appeal
- 02.05.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Foundation of First President of Kazakhstan sign MoU for cooperation