Azerbaijan sacks directors of forest protection and restoration enterprises for four districts
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources said on Wednesday that it inspected the situation with regard to forest protection in a number of forest protection and restoration enterprises.
The inspection was conducted in accordance with the action plan of the ministry’s forestry department.
The inspection uncovered numerous shortcomings in the activities of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala and Gusar districts.
Directors of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Zagatala, Gabala, Masalli and Gusar were dismissed as they failed to fulfill labor contract obligations and appropriately control the work of the employees and breached the requirements of environmental legislation, and serious disciplinary measures were taken against the directors of the relevant enterprises of Shabran and Oghuz districts.
Forestmen, their assistants, and guards from forest protection and restoration facilities in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala, and Gusar have been dismissed and taken drastic disciplinary measures against.
Necessary measures are being taken to compensate for the damage caused to the forest foundation and for the activities of persons responsible to be given legal assessment.
In accordance with the action plan of the forestry department, inspections will continue throughout the year.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2017Ancient necropolis unearthed in Azerbaijan’s Shamakhy
- 26.05.2017Moon to come closest to Earth today
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan to sack teachers with poor indicators of diagnostic assessment
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final and entrance exams
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani State Commission addresses population over graves believed to be of missing persons
- 25.05.2017ANAS, Emergencies Ministry discuss issues of cooperation
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president approves Regulation on 'Subsidized housing' system
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani SMS: Rules for employment of foreigners are sometimes violated
- 24.05.2017Number of foreigners coming to Azerbaijan on the rise
- 24.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Beylagan
- 24.05.2017Ali Abbasov receives new appointment
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijan, Romania to conduct examination in field of education
- 24.05.2017First Azerbaijan-Romania Inter-University Forum kicks off in Baku
- 23.05.2017Tariff Council specifies prices of paid services related to civil service
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to see increase in tourist arrivals after Baku 2017
- 23.05.2017Traffic restriction on special lanes lifted in Baku
- 23.05.2017Registration for second participation in Azerbaijan university entrance exams over
- 22.05.2017Ibrahim Guliyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 22.05.2017Traffic ban on Baku 2017 ‘special lanes’ to be lifted on May 23
- 22.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Beylagan on May 24
- 22.05.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-Romania Inter-University Forum
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani emergencies ministry denies reports of staff reductions
- 20.05.2017French-Azerbaijani University announces admission of students
- 20.05.2017Illegal passenger transportation by buses prevented in Baku-Sumgayit highway
- 19.05.2017WHO: Azerbaijan had lowest suicide rate in Europe in 2015
- 19.05.2017Students in some Azerbaijani universities changed electronic exam grades
- 19.05.2017Health Ministry: 108 people diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 1Q 2017
- 18.05.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov meets ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry to terminate employment contracts with teachers recruited without competition
- 17.05.2017Int’l seminar on human trafficking awareness kicks off in Vienna
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan launches campaign to aid Syrian children
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan’s population exceeds 9.8 million
- 17.05.2017More than 1.2 million adolescents die every year
- 17.05.2017Citizens of 12 more countries to use Azerbaijan’s ASAN Visa system
- 16.05.2017American Jewish community plans to invest in construction of Jewish school in Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani president confers honorary titles on persons who died of wounds sustained during 20 January events
- 16.05.2017NTRC: Broadcasting of foreign TV channels in Azerbaijan to be brought in line with standards
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves list of licensed services and work in field of private medicine
- 15.05.2017Presentation of ‘Asiada-2017’ held in Baku
- 15.05.2017Lawyer asks court to acquit Azerbaijan’s ex-health minister
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijan SEC announces results of entrance exams
- 04.05.2017Over 200 families expressed desire to return to Jojug Marjanli – deputy PM
- 04.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Poverty level among IDPs falls to 12 percent
- 03.05.2017Traffic to be restricted on Heydar Aliyev Avenue
- 03.05.2017ASAN Service centers receive 15 millionth appeal
- 02.05.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Foundation of First President of Kazakhstan sign MoU for cooperation