Azerbaijan sacks directors of forest protection and restoration enterprises for four districts
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources said on Wednesday that it inspected the situation with regard to forest protection in a number of forest protection and restoration enterprises.
The inspection was conducted in accordance with the action plan of the ministry’s forestry department.
The inspection uncovered numerous shortcomings in the activities of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala and Gusar districts.
Directors of the forest protection and restoration enterprises in Zagatala, Gabala, Masalli and Gusar were dismissed as they failed to fulfill labor contract obligations and appropriately control the work of the employees and breached the requirements of environmental legislation, and serious disciplinary measures were taken against the directors of the relevant enterprises of Shabran and Oghuz districts.
Forestmen, their assistants, and guards from forest protection and restoration facilities in Masalli, Zagatala, Oghuz, Shabran, Gabala, and Gusar have been dismissed and taken drastic disciplinary measures against.
Necessary measures are being taken to compensate for the damage caused to the forest foundation and for the activities of persons responsible to be given legal assessment.
In accordance with the action plan of the forestry department, inspections will continue throughout the year.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Int’l conference dedicated to acts of genocide against Turkic-Muslim nations in 20th century kicks off in Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2018Education Ministry: Employment procedures for directors and teachers to be amended in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018NGOs adopt statement on 100th anniversary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to impose new penalties for breaking rules on rallies, street marches
- 25.04.2018BHOS concludes 3rd SOCAR International Forum with conference
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan considers restriction of freedom for several offences
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new fines for violating entry and exit rules
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves draft law on employment
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on vocational education
- 23.04.2018Jeyhun Bayramov relieved of his duties as Deputy Minister of Education
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on allocation of lump-sum financial aid to WW II veterans
- 20.04.2018F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Two hospitals will render medical services to participants, guests
- 20.04.2018Owners of 6 houses damaged in Baku landslide zone receive financial aid
- 20.04.2018Non-smoking area in Baku Metro expanded
- 20.04.2018Baku hosts conference on exposure of Armenian falsifications
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Housing market prices are not suitable for low-income families
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan may prosecute those failing to pay unemployment insurance and compulsory social insurance
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Legal regulation needed for use of social networks
- 19.04.2018Health Ministry: Anemia, kidney and heart diseases widespread among pregnant women in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.201837,618 abortion cases recorded in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals number of maternal deaths registered in 1Q 2018
- 19.04.2018Early marriages reported not only among Azerbaijanis living in Georgia: UNFPA study
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijan SEC announces results of entrance exams
- 04.05.2017Over 200 families expressed desire to return to Jojug Marjanli – deputy PM
- 04.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Poverty level among IDPs falls to 12 percent
- 03.05.2017Traffic to be restricted on Heydar Aliyev Avenue
- 03.05.2017ASAN Service centers receive 15 millionth appeal
- 02.05.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Foundation of First President of Kazakhstan sign MoU for cooperation