First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal is to provide 4,000 IDP families with apartments in Baku and Sumgayit
First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva has chaired a meeting on the resettlement of refugee and IDP families who are temporarily settled in dormitories in Baku and Sumgayit.
Addressing the meeting, Mrs. Aliyeva said the meeting is devoted to the solution of the problems of Azerbaijanis who were forced to leave their native lands, APA reported.
According to the first vice-president, the issue of refugees and IDPs has been a priority for the state for more than 20 years.
She noted that the necessary actions are being taken within the State Programme on the improvement of the social conditions of refugees and IDPs to solve their social, educational, employment, living and medical problems.
The first vice-president mentioned that about 100 modern residential complexes have been created throughout the country for IDPs, 250,000 IDPs have been provided with apartments, 150 schools, 60 medical facilities and kindergartens have been constructed in the new settlements, and hundreds of thousands of refugees and IDPs have been employed over the past 13 years.
Mehriban Aliyeva said that many IDP families nevertheless live in the buildings that are in disrepair, stressing the need to take additional measures to accelerate the efforts to improve their living conditions.
The first vice-president noted the importance of granting new apartments to refugees and IDPs settled in Baku and Sumgayit cities, allocation of extra funds and areas for the construction of new buildings in this regard.
A brief presentation about the activities carried out to resolve the problems of refugees and IDPs was made at the meeting. The presentation highlighted that the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict caused more than $800 billion to Azerbaijan’s economy. Thanks to the policy pursued by Heydar Aliyev, the truth about the conflict was delivered to the international community. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, who is taking consistent and purposeful measures to strengthen the social protection of IDPs and improve their living conditions, signed 55 decrees and orders in 2003-2017. From 2001 to 2016, ninety-five settlements, 151 schools, 58 cultural centers, 59 medical centers and other infrastructure facilities were built. The poverty rate among IDPs declined from 75 percent to 12 percent.
Later on, Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman of the State Committee for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs Ali Hasanov, Head of the Baku City Executive Authority Hajibala Abutalibov and Head of the Sumgayit City Executive Authority Zakir Farajov made speeches at the meeting.
Summing up the meeting, Mrs. Aliyeva underlined the importance of making joint efforts to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
She pointed out that great work is done on the construction and reconstruction of kindergartens, whereas in some cases kindergartens do not operate at full capacity.
Mehriban Aliyeva called on the Ministry of Finance and the Baku City Executive Authority to create a joint working group to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
“Today, our main goal is to provide 4,000 IDP families with new apartments in Baku and Sumgayit. Families living in the most difficult conditions should be moved to new buildings in the near future,” said the first vice-president, ordering to ensure coordination among relevant state bodies.
Mehriban Aliyeva expressed her confidence that the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will be resolved fairly, the country’s territorial integrity will be restored, all refugees and IDPs will return to their homes.
- 24.02.2018Presidential scholarship for students increased
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on development of education infrastructure
- 24.02.2018Baku awaits cloudy weather on Sunday
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Committee chairman: Nationalization of surnames hotly debated issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Deputy PM: 97 families evacuated from landslide zone on Bayil slope
- 23.02.2018U.S. helps people with disabilities receive free legal aid
- 23.02.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Lankaran
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president's personal pension increased by AZN150
- 22.02.2018Monthly stipend for young talents increased by 100 manats
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly scholarship for honorary titles
- 22.02.2018Collegium of Advocates to be provided with new building
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor asks court to strip MNS generals of their ranks
- 22.02.2018Prosecutor seeks 16 years for Subahir Gurbanov and Teymur Guliyev - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018International organizations praise anti-corruption measures in Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2018Ministry of Education announces results of student transfer
- 22.02.2018First-grade admission gets started in Baku
- 22.02.2018Requirements for construction of buildings erected in place of emergency structures in nine districts of Baku changed
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan to mark 110th anniversary of academician Musa Aliyev
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing unified monthly allowance for IDPs
- 21.02.2018U.S. ambassador visits school built for IDPs in Baku
- 21.02.2018New specialties created in the master's degree in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Presidential pension for Azerbaijan’s national heroes increases
- 20.02.2018Ilham Aliyev orders increasing presidential pension for Great Patriotic War veterans
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani president appoints members of Civil Service Management Board
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani court commences hearing on Afgan Mukhtarli’s appeal
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan starts relocating IDP families to new settlement in Tartar
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies what medications caused severe poisoning
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan imports most medicines from Europe – Health Ministry
- 20.02.2018Guba-Khinalig road reopened after avalanche
- 19.02.2018Pension for 20 January disabled increased by 10%
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president increases monthly pension for citizens disabled in war
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on state fingerprinting and genome registration
- 17.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan detains 26 foreigners in anti-migration op
- 16.02.2018Italian architects prepared project for Yanardagh complex construction – envoy
- 16.02.2018Baku to host Italian Design Day
- 16.02.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Saturday
- 09.03.2017Former MNS employees plead not guilty - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan announces admission to masters degree
- 10.03.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official postponed
- 09.03.2017US ambassador begins trip to Azerbaijan’s southern region
- 08.03.2017Today marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2017Polluted environments kill 1.7 million children each year: WHO